MY VICE II

Stinger390X

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4547[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4548[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4551[/ATTACH]Well my friends after four years of loosly hunting I finally found my "Mini-Me" Fantasy 13 speedboat. I bought it in Pennsylvania last October and brought it home to Canada. It was a bright October day so I had to put it in the water to try it out but the water was damn cold! Had a blast and put it in storage till this spring when I took it out and painted it to match My Vice (the full size boat)Well after six rolls of 3M 1/4 inch fineline tape and a heck of a lot of masking paper I finally got it striped to match the big boat. I put a stereo in it as well as a five inch chart plotter for those trips where I need to know which direction I'm going.I have to admit the boat is absolutely amazing and performs like it's full size brother in turns and performance. It's an absolute HOOT to drive and fun for the bay, open lake or the creek. It can almost keep up to the big boat............?All the girls just call it "CUTE".................................

AMAZING!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:I'm curious, it looks (to my untrained eye) that it's shape is the same as your stinger! How can this be? The windshield, the raked back radar antena....how come the body style is the same? Was it orginally patterned after the big boat?The paintwork looks great! Did you do the painwork yourself, or did you have it done by someone else?That is one sick boat pal!!! I've never seen a MINI VICE before! Yours is the first!MORE PHOTOS! MORE PHOTOS! MORE PHOTOS!

• Administrators

Wow! You can now run .00000001 keys of Coke in that thing! :DPretty cool buddy. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Another girl letting you know it's CUTE. :p:happy:..........I'll add UBER COOL' date=' as well! :clap::clap::clap:[/quote'] Thanks juscat...I had it out last saturday with a bunch of people and we were partying in the bay all day long. My buddies girlfriend took it out for a spin too! She had a blast just like the rest of us that day. What a great day to be alive and on the water. The sun was warm and the water was great...we swam all day! Everyone took turns on the little boat. Went through a whole tank of fuel but I didn't care. Everyone had a ball!

Wow! You can now run .00000001 keys of Coke in that thing! :DPretty cool buddy. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Well it'll outrun a lot of bigboats but not the cops... :)By the way Tim, can you pm me as I have a video of the boat and am having difficulty loading it on the site. Appreciate a little help.

You Hoser....you didn't answer any of my questions! :)

Sorry Coop Having trouble uploading the video and have been busy chatting with Tim.To answer your queeries...Yes I painted the boat myself. Took it to the bodyshop next door and used the paint booth on a saturday and di all the work myself.Yes we were out on the bay next to my marina and we towed it behind the Stinger as we were driftring too close to shore so we were actually rafted together (bunch of boats all tied together with fenders between) and as we drifted close to shore I started up the Stinger and dragged the whole bunch of us all rafted up together as well as the little boat on a short line a few hundred feet into the bay to get away from the shoreline.The boat does just under 55 and is absolutely crazy fun! I can hardly wait till the video is posted so check in soon.As for the question of the hull...Yes it is an exact copy of a 22 deadrise hull with the same chines and sponsons of a big craft. The boat handles amazingly well especially in high speed turns and is very stable. The little radar arch is functional as it has the steaming light on top and I hid the radio antenna inside it. It's made of fiberglass and is very lightweight as is the entire boat. It has a Mercury 40 on it and it flies!Any other questions????ttyl my friend.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4583[/ATTACH]

post-35-13892963767654_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892963768026_thumb.jpg

Sorry Coop Having trouble uploading the video and have been busy chatting with Tim.To answer your queeries...Yes I painted the boat myself. Took it to the bodyshop next door and used the paint booth on a saturday and di all the work myself.Yes we were out on the bay next to my marina and we towed it behind the Stinger as we were driftring too close to shore so we were actually rafted together (bunch of boats all tied together with fenders between) and as we drifted close to shore I started up the Stinger and dragged the whole bunch of us all rafted up together as well as the little boat on a short line a few hundred feet into the bay to get away from the shoreline.The boat does just under 55 and is absolutely crazy fun! I can hardly wait till the video is posted so check in soon.As for the question of the hull...Yes it is an exact copy of a 22 deadrise hull with the same chines and sponsons of a big craft. The boat handles amazingly well especially in high speed turns and is very stable. The little radar arch is functional as it has the steaming light on top and I hid the radio antenna inside it. It's made of fiberglass and is very lightweight as is the entire boat. It has a Mercury 40 on it and it flies!Any other questions????ttyl my friend.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4583[/ATTACH]

STILL never seen a mini vice before! FUNKAY HONKAY!! :thumbsup:The paintwork is great. But then, I think you have experience in such things such as painting.It looks fun!I'm guessing the big boat is more fun, and is much faster, but this new toy looks great, and sounds real fun!! :clap:

Yeh Coop I take the big boat out every day to the beach or wherever. The weather up here has been exceptionally great this summer so I have spent a lot of it on the water. The occasional day I take the little one out and I get a few laughs at the beach as I tell everyone I washed the boat and it shrank as I claim to have had the drier on "Fluff". The next day I show up at the beach with the big one and everyone is amazed at what viagara can do for size... :)

Yeh Coop I take the big boat out every day to the beach or wherever. The weather up here has been exceptionally great this summer so I have spent a lot of it on the water. The occasional day I take the little one out and I get a few laughs at the beach as I tell everyone I washed the boat and it shrank as I claim to have had the drier on "Fluff". The next day I show up at the beach with the big one and everyone is amazed at what viagara can do for size... :)

:D:clap:You have such cool toys Pal. It's hard not to be envious.

That is simply AWESOME!!! Thak you so much for sharing! I love it. I can remember those being made in the 80's... Fantasy 13 you say? I may just be in the market for such a fun toy... I have a 14 ft starcraft fishboat that would be long down the road if one of those were going to be in the stable. PM me some info on what it PLEASE..., year, size, etcetera...I just gotta know some more! Is that a 35 or 38 Chris your slipped next to? I want to say it's a 35 yet I didn't think they had a bow seat and the 38's did... Stingers or Catalina's... Chris Craft made some awesome boats and I'm glad I spent over 20 years of my summers growing up on them... Mike

Fun boat pal!It's not as fast as the Stinger,...right? I realize it's light, and has a nice engine, and there is a power to weight difference, but the Stinger is faster right?Also, in THE GREAT McCARTHY, Crockett mentions having a Turbo put on the Stinger to win the race. Can that really be done, and, are you going to do that?

Fun boat pal!It's not as fast as the Stinger' date='...right? I realize it's light, and has a nice engine, and there is a power to weight difference, but the Stinger is faster right?Also, in THE GREAT McCARTHY, Crockett mentions having a Turbo put on the Stinger to win the race. Can that really be done, and, are you going to do that?[/quote'] No the 390 is about 10-12 mph faster than the little boat but surprizingly enought the little thing can keep a good pace?About the turbo's vs blowers...Turbos have a few second lag time as they operate from waste exhaust gases to spin the impellors of the turbocharger thus forcing the fuel/air mixture into the intake manifold.A supercharger is much more instantanious and much more efficent. Most raceboats, even modern ones of today, use superchargers of 871, 1171 or even larger for direct port injection of air/fuel mixture. Superchargers run directly off the crankshaft and are driven by a large fan belt so the power is direct and immediate!My friend Chris has a Profile with a pair of 750's driven by a pair of 871 BDS blowers which produce around 750HP each, times the twin engines. His boat skips along the water at a cool 85mph with around 8 pounds of boostMy other buddy Stan has a 2001 Fountain with twin staggered 502's with 1171 blowers. He produces about 900hp from each and last weekend we were skippin across the lake at an incredible 110mph according to the gps!! His blowers don't even wind up until the tachometers pass 3 grand and his engines are running ultra low compression. Unfortunatley my boat does not hold a candle to either of my friends boats as I am waaaaaaaaaaaay outclassed. But if you have read the article in the glossary section, you can see my boat originally came with blower setup but used 65 gallons an hour consumption. Back in the eighties no one cared but now gas is very expensive so I am happy with my carburated big blocks as I am now down to 35 gph instead which is a bit more affordable. My friends Chris and Stan are very well off to say the least but sadly I am a working stiff trying to live the dream........................The actual boat used in TGM was a factory model with the blower setup identical to my original setup shown in the picture #4 on the page located at http://www.miamiviceonline.com/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=96

That is simply AWESOME!!! Thak you so much for sharing! I love it. I can remember those being made in the 80's... Fantasy 13 you say? I may just be in the market for such a fun toy... I have a 14 ft starcraft fishboat that would be long down the road if one of those were going to be in the stable. PM me some info on what it PLEASE...' date=' year, size, etcetera...I just gotta know some more! Is that a 35 or 38 Chris your slipped next to? I want to say it's a 35 yet I didn't think they had a bow seat and the 38's did... Stingers or Catalina's... Chris Craft made some awesome boats and I'm glad I spent over 20 years of my summers growing up on them... Mike[/quote'] Yes Mike that is my neighbour Tim with a very clean 35 Catalina from 1984.We also have a beautiful 1957 46' Chris Craft Cruiser "Woody" out back in the yard on blocks. The owner is selling it and it is absolutely gorgeous!!! He used to work maticulously on it every year and it is a fully restored original, however he is now into restoring old Harley's so the boat is on the back burner.