.org Memories!

COOPER&BURNETT

"Are you a cop?"

If you're referring to me, no, but that would be a pretty neat trick considering my hair length would probably be against police regulations :)

I've always wondered what happened to him. Rare photos' date=' wonderful insider information....but then he got meaner, and meaner, and meaner. He became a bully to the members. Even simple questions were met with negative, forceful comments, and he was in the middle of arguments on a regular basis. It's really sad, as we still don't truly know what made him turn unfriendly, and nasty. Ferrariman did the absolute right thing. It is sad, but it was the right thing to do. It's much more kind and peaceful as a result of that decision. Took some stones to do it, but we sure respect you Ferrariman for doing it.If I was given the opportunity to have it the way it was (even with the rare photos and information) and bring him back, or just keep it the way it is right now.....hands down, I'd like it the way it is right now.[/quote']I remember that even with his web site and other information I sometimes was left wondering if he really was there. He so often "miss remembered" information, or straight out had it wrong that I wondered, how could someone who was there not remember such things. I also remeber that he would give some information readily but on things like locations, he was very tight lipped wanting to hold onto his secrets and keep us begging. Not a giving person. For example the pink house which he refused to identify it's location. There are dozens of such examples I can think of for locations. Stating that the Cool Runnin' teaser scene was filmed in Aventura until Danj found it was in DT Miami outside the Miami Herald is another example.Attached below a screen capture from his web site with more bad location info.Eingefügtes Bild

but on things like locations' date=' he was very tight lipped wanting to hold onto his secrets and keep us begging. Not a giving person.[/quote']Yeah, that's the way I rememer it too. Really made you work for answers, and sometimes wasn't pleasant when he did, like you were putting him out.

Yeah' date=' that's the way I rememer it too. Really made you work for answers, and sometimes wasn't pleasant when he did, like you were putting him out.[/quote']I guess its a good think I more or less started here rather than .ORG then?

If you're referring to me' date=' no, but that would be a pretty neat trick considering my hair length would probably be against police regulations :)[/quote']I thought your avatar was Bruce Dickinson.

• 4 weeks later...

My Join.I have been down here for at least a few months, I was simply overjoyed to be joining this wesbite because there are not many 16 Year old's out there who love Miami Vice, they'd rather be watching their overrated shows Friends or Degrassi. My first thread was introducing myself to everybody and I met a lot of nice people, including COOPER who let me know what the exact clothes Crockett wore, So that way I knew exactly what Crockett clothes to wear, Cooper is also one of the reasons I wanted to join this website because I have a friend abroad who was a member of this website and he told me about Cooper and I thought sounds interesting :p, but now I am glad to be apart of this community as Cooper and the guy with the vice boat, gave me a nice warm welcome and have made this a place where a Vice fan can be free and post as many threads, the thing I love most about this website is all you nice people here, no trolls of people who think there a better Vice fan than you or put you down for more Vice stuff they have, This is exactly what a community should be and Cooper and all you guys make sure that happens.Peace out :)DC:)

• Administrators

I guess its a good think I more or less started here rather than .ORG then?

Count your blessings pal! You have NO idea how ugly it got over there! The only good that can come from the .org experience is it makes you realize just how good we have it here!

Count your blessings pal! You have NO idea how ugly it got over there! The only good that can come from the .org experience is it makes you realize just how good we have it here!

Wow! I just finished reading the whole thread, and it does sound like it got ugly. If that's only the start of it, I don't want to know the worst of it. That's too bad. I'm enjoying this forum and its friendly members very much.

Looking back, that forum was one of the first "true" Miami Vice forums in that it's members were fanatics about the series and had a lot to offer, not just in opinions but series knowledge, memorabilia, etc. At one point in time, things got a little heated over there, making the waters a little "rough", so most of us "swam" over here, where the waters are much calmer and the sun always shines :)

This, this, 1000 times this.

Wow, I can't say what year I joined org. I think it might have been early on though. I definitely remember many good times there, and meeting some great people that fortunately made it over, for the most part, to this site. I really used to enjoy Rick Bravo's photographs and information, and I never really understood what happened to make him angry. I always figured it was a combination of some personal issues going on in his life (like we all experience from time to time) and some hostility toward certain members for whatever reasons. I almost forgot about the guy who used to ask for the stunt footage from the Universal show. He had to be a bit off; if you were on the site you remember him since that is all that he ever talked about. I admit that the photoshopped pictures that some members, including Bravo, used to post were funny. I miss the music selector too. That was such a cool feature. Earl, who recently passed away, was a cool member who used to talk about the original Hawaii Five-O and Magnum, P.I. with me. I remember many of you from the org site too. I am sure more memories will come back to me. I am thankful that this site exists, so a big thanks to all of you guys stateside and abroad, who make it possible!

• Administrators

I almost forgot about the guy who used to ask for the stunt footage from the Universal show. He had to be a bit off; if you were on the site you remember him since that is all that he ever talked about.

Yup, that would be Rock and he was more than just a bit off! That guy haunted me for that video even well after I gave him the link to it on youtube.

You'd never know how much volunteer work' date=' and awards RB (That's RICK BRAVO, not Ray Ban.;):)) got for working with the Dade County Sheriff's Office, at least not from the bullying, and meanesss he showed the members on .org.He was kind of like DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE. He was kind enough to share rare photos and behind the scenes information, but he was also nasty, and talked down to you for asking a question. Other times, he was just plain mean. Then again, there were times when I talked to him via Personal Message (PM), and he was pleasent. He told me how he hatted TIFFANY who used to be with us on the old site. Couldn't stand her voice also he told me. :)He's obvioulsly gifted in filmaking, and he does a great service. I applaud him for his work. He most likely deserves the awards he has, and any future awards, but he doesn't deserve an award for his time with us. A picture and information award perhaps, but not a friendly attitude award.He could have been a big asset to us on .org, .....unfortunately, he turned out to be a big ass.-COOP

• Administrators

He told me how he hatted TIFFANY who used to be with us on the old site. Couldn't stand her voice also he told me. :)

Gotta give him that one. Have you ever heard Tiffany's voice? Fingernails on a blackboard sound better! Totally unrelated but Tiffany was such a bubblehead that she once admitted to me that she misspelled her own name when registering! (Tifany) I tried to humiliate her in a post I made once by offering to fix it for her. She declined.
  • Like 1

Gotta give him that one. Have you ever heard Tiffany's voice? Fingernails on a blackboard sound better! Totally unrelated but Tiffany was such a bubblehead that she once admitted to me that she misspelled her own name when registering! (Tifany) I tried to humiliate her in a post I made once by offering to fix it for her. She declined.

I remember you met Tif and Martijn. ....Unfortunately, I still have their pictures.

Yup' date=' that would be Rock and he was more than just a bit off! That guy haunted me for that video even well after I gave him the link to it on youtube.[/quote']LMAO oh man Rock (and the various names he posted under after that one as banned) was an absolute trip! I'll never forget when he sent me a bizarre PM saying Fman said I had his copy of the stunt show and I should be a "Good Samaritan" and give it back; Truly a "the hell?" moment for me.He's still obsessed with it, too. While researching the stunt show, I found a board dedicated to theme park attractions, and sure enough, he was on there, blabbering about the stunt show! Furthermore, I found & uploaded a commercial for the show's debut to Youtube awhile back, and there he was AGAIN, asking for MORE! Did he ever show up here? If not, it's probably only a matter of time :sick:!

• Administrators
I remember you met Tif and Martijn. ....Unfortunately' date=' I still have their pictures.[/quote']Yeah well unfortunately I still have the memories! :eek:

• 9 months later...

I found this saved in an old email address dated 4/13/2004:Hi MVNYCThank-you for taking the time to register to use the Miami-Vice.org Forum.Username: - MVNYCPassword: - To activate your membership for Miami-Vice.org Forum click on the link below: -How funny is that!

I remember after the mass exodus to this site, my birthday rolled around, and of course I was no longer posting at .org, but I received an email alerting me to my PM inbox. Turns out Tif had sent me a happy birthday wish direct, which was nice, except that I couldn't help feeling it was an attempt to lure me back to .org. Didn't work, needless to say.

• Administrators
I couldn't help feeling it was an attempt to lure me back to .org. Didn't work' date=' needless to say.[/quote']That's exactly what it was Lar. At the time Coop asked them to remove his scrapbook section from their site and they nastily said no and banned him. In fact I think it was srobak who took it upon himself to play the big man and remove Coop. Then after the reality that .org was circling the drain began to sink in they reinstated Coop and asked him to come back! Needless to say, that didn't work either!

• Administrators

Found this rather amusing post by srobak after he banned everyone from .org. (yes I saved them all) As usual he talked a good game but they were always empty threats. He's the classic "legend in his own mind" Please note how much of this actually happened. srobak Vice Squad Detective Joined: 04 March 2003 Online Status: Offline Posts: 3605 Topic: What's done is done & The future of .org Posted: 30 November 2008 at 10:37amWhat's done is done, people. In fact, it has been needed for a very long time. Some of you can't see it, but in time you will, and you will understand why. The actions taken by the site's owner RANDOLPH were done with the best interests for the site and it's membership and continued contribution to the MV community at large in mind, including any transfer of ownership. This may not be apparent at the moment, but in due time it will be as well. Regardless of anyone's history or role here in the past - no one was "entitled" to anything - and that includes every single member on this site from the one-post-wonder to the 10,000+ post maniac, to anyone who served as a mod or admin - or anyone appointed (rightly or wrongly) by that acting admin as a mod or other admin. Randolph created this site long ago, and opened it to the public. That is the ONLY reason why any of you are here. It was completely, 100% up to him what to do with the site, and who was allowed to be on here. No one else. He could have shut it down years ago... he could have shut it down in October. He could have given it to some random stranger walking down the street. Despite some people's inccorect presumptions of the "end of the mv world as we know it" due to their not knowing what is going on - the site is still here, and thanks to the actions of those involved - will continue to be for a very long time. The key thing to remember about it is that years ago when some of you joined the site, months ago, days ago, or even in the days and weeks and months in the future when new people join and others of you make multi-accounts - you are all GUESTS here. ACT LIKE IT. Some time ago this site lost some of the original spirit it was created with. This was pointed out by dozens of long-term members - many of which are no longer here by their own choice - along with the reasons why. You think this site is awesome now or has been recently? You should have seen it years ago - it was nothing short of stellar (those of you who were around back when the site was pink will know what I am referring to). A changing of the site management was needed in order to restore the original spirit of the site, as well as concurrently bringing it into the next era of it's presence in being THE MV fansite and forum. Some of the steps necessary have already been taken, with several more to come - all in the effort to restore it's former spirit, content and attraction - while also freshening things to take the best show and culture of the 80s well into the 2010's. One of the biggest necessary steps is one that YOU can do however. Yes, if you are reading this - then I specifically mean YOU. Members, mods, newbies and admins alike. End the drama. Now. Plain and simple. Some of you like the changes afoot. Great. Some of you don't... that's great too. Either take it to private messages and email, or take it elsewhere. There is no place here any longer for drama. Take your egos, power trips, threats, rally cries, PAWing, armchair quarterbacking and non-constructive criticism and PM them, send it in email, take it to another site, or keep it to yourself. This is not the place for it, as it has been for so long. This is the place for information, fun, civil and intelligent conversation, and social networking for a large, diverse group of people who all share a common interest... yes - that's right - the original spirit of this forum. It is time to move forward. For some of you - you may believe that you will do so on another site. When you find that is not the case - hopefully you will come back here to see how things have progressed. For those of you who stay and actively contribute to bringing this site back to the stature it once had - you will continuously reap the benefits of being part of the community. Drama queens and troublemakers will certainly be given opportunities to right their ways and become civil, contributing members of the community. Those who don't will be handled appropriately. The end result will be a better, stronger, and larger miami-vice.org. The only question you have to ask yourself is if you want to be a part of it. No need to answer in this thread - your posts elsewhere will answer clearly.

Wow, I think I've read about that brand of oligarchy before. Where was it...?[ATTACH=CONFIG]8027[/ATTACH]"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

post-30-13892965626187_thumb.jpg

Wow...talk about "self-serving"...reading between the lines, it sounds like he wanted to play the role of the "king" and the rest of us were merely his "servants," what a jerk...