Favourite Miami Vice Villain

Leigh Burne

Was thinking about this the other day, wondered what other people thought about their personal favourite villain in the series.In terms of my favourite I'd probably have to pick Mario Fuente from Payback. I know he didn't really do much in the episode, but he easily had one of the most awesome names on the show, and God damn it, it was Frank Zappa. The bit where he jokingly pinches his nose when Crockett makes him jump overboard at gunpoint proves he's a badass who doesn't give a damn.But in terms of actually being a badass, Frank Mosca gets it. He has Crockett's mate stabbed to death right in front of him, he hangs that guy from the forklift (absolutely love how coldhearted that scene is) and he gets Gina into the sack (lucky bastard). Seriously nasty piece of work.

• 5 months later...

FAVORITE MIAMI VICE VILLAINThere were a several stand out lowlifes on the show but perhaps my personal favorite would have to be Guzman from "Evan" played by Al Israel who also played the chainsaw wielding Columbian who cut up Pepe Serna in Scarface, who was another favorite badguy, Oswaldo Guzman from "Down for the Count".

Yeah there were quite a few baddies that made their mark in the series, but if i must choose one i would go for Calderone. He had a massive influence, especially in Tubb's life, and you see this throughout the series, also when his little brother features in The Afternoon Plane.So Calderone get's my vote.

Yeah there were quite a few baddies that made their mark in the series' date=' but if i must choose one i would go for Calderone. He had a massive influence, especially in Tubb's life, and you see this throughout the series, also when his little brother features in The Afternoon Plane.So Calderone get's my vote.[/quote']x2. Calderone was created by Anthony Yerkovich, who conceived all the original MV characters with that MTV-meets-Scarface vibe. There weren't bad guys like Calderdone in the later seasons; the show lost its dangerous edge.

x2. Calderone was created by Anthony Yerkovich' date=' who conceived all the original MV characters with that MTV-meets-Scarface vibe. There weren't bad guys like Calderdone in the later seasons; the show lost its dangerous edge.[/quote']Yeh like El-Gato.........Now that was a lame character.I did however like Hackman as he was devious.

Gotta love Mosca for his charm and base evil, as well as Hackman as the deranged madman. Maybe Burnett could be considered a bad guy as he was ruthless and ice cold in that persona. Calderone for his sphere of influence and money, as well as ruthlessness.

Srobak get's my vote.

hahahahahaMaybe Prick Parvo.. Or earthtonedass...

Thanks Mr. Calderone! I knew someone with class, like you, would appreciate it! :thumbsup:MR. CALDERONE!! :clap::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Administrators

Srobak get's my vote.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Put me down for Charlie Glide... Cool, confident and destiny get's him in the end... They put the slide on 'ol Charlie Glide. Not much of a vilian, yet neat to see someone like him go down. Also, worthy mention would be the father that played in Little Prince... Jougensen(spelling)? He seemed like a person not to be involved in what he got busted for.. Yeah, what seasons are my fave?.... Mike

• 4 months later...

Not ElGato :D:D

Oh dear lord, Elgato had to be the worst villain ever! I appreciate he has his fans, but not for me. So totally OTT with the glove thing going on etc Yeuk!! ; )

• 1 month later...

I always thought Mccarthy was a cool guy, the stereotypical miami vice villain, the same with jorgunson?They are intentionally 1 dimensional 'cause guys like that were back then. All they care about is money.honorable mention to bruce willis, he plays a good scumbag.

Calderone. He had that intimidating, Scarface personality that a lot of baddies in Season 1 had. Season 5 villains were silly and ridiculous. A drug dealer who quotes Shakespeare?? A British fop with a dog named Edwina? He wouldn't know cocaine from table sugar.

• 1 month later...
Guest myonlyvice

I'd like to nominate two: Legba and Jackie (from "Little Miss Dangerous"). These are two of the most unique villains of the series. Legba makes me laugh and is fun to imitate. From his walk to his accent to his voodoo, this guy never ceases to entertain. Jackie was this great combination of beauty and sociopathy. Watching her awkward relationship with Tubbs unfold and eventually culminate in her committing suicide in her birthday suit with that trance-inducing music by PIL was one of M.V.'s finest endings. In a series that was defined by its dark endings, I would rate this one as one of the top three darkest endings.

I'd like to nominate two: Legba and Jackie (from "Little Miss Dangerous"). These are two of the most unique villains of the series. Legba makes me laugh and is fun to imitate. From his walk to his accent to his voodoo' date=' this guy never ceases to entertain. Jackie was this great combination of beauty and sociopathy. Watching her awkward relationship with Tubbs unfold and eventually culminate in her committing suicide in her birthday suit with that trance-inducing music by PIL was one of M.V.'s finest endings. In a series that was defined by its dark endings, I would rate this one as one of the top three darkest endings.[/quote']I agree with your choices. Legba is a great villian. I only question if Jackie in LMD should be considered a true villain. Remember Sonny's speech at the end of Honor Among Thieves when he was defending Delgato. To summarize what Sonny said: We are different from this man. He knew what he was doing but not the way we do. He had no choice. He walked towards something horrible and he could not stop. You see the horror and you don't want to go, but you must etc. Jackie saw the horror she was walking to because at the end she said to Tubbs, "I don't want to hurt you." You can only assume Jackie killed herself because of the hell she was experiencing and/or to keep from hurting Rico or anyone else. I guess you could say Legba had a sick mind also but he never gave any indication that he knew what he was doing was wrong or expressed any remorse.

I really liked Ian McShane's two appearances as villains (Knock, Knock... Who's There? and Freefall) as well, although I think that's partly because I like him as an actor anyway.