Whats Is your top 10 favorite Miami Vice songs?

Victor

What Is your favorite Miami Vice songs?It can be more than 10.If you need some names of songs from Miami Vice episodes,you can some of them find in my Blog.I hope you will enjoy this poll:radio:

Well Ill start first with my top 10:1.Jan Hammer-Crockett's Theme2.Jan Hammer-Payback3.Phil Collins-In The Air Tonight4.Russ Ballard-In The Night5.Foreigner-I Wanna Know What Love Is6.Red 7-Heartbeat7.Billy Ocean-Caribbean Queen8.Yello-Desire9.Simply Red-Picture Book10.Steve Winwood-There's A River

Edited by Victor
  • Like 1

Good list Walet!Almost my list exact???I would change only a couple and add "Bad Attitude" by Honeymoon Suite and "Marina" by Jan Hammer.Top ten is so difficult as I like way tooooooooo much of MV era music. I made a playlist of mp3's for my long trips in the vehicle and listen to lots of MV stuff...Got all of Dadriens and Peter Guja's music added as well. Nice way to pass the hours behind the wheel.

So many good choices, but I'll go with:The Madness of It All by The Ward BrothersIn the Air TonightCrockett's ThemeVoicesI Wanna Know What Love IsDon't Give Up by Kate Bush and Peter GabrielMiami Vice intro musicYou Better Be Good to Me by Tina TurnerCry by Godley and CremeSlave to Love by Bryan FerryAnd an honorable mention to my favorite song from the otherwise deplorable Miami Vice movie--One of These Mornings by Moby featuring Patti LaBelle. Best scene in the movie.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Let me give a top 10 of music that was NOT on the Miami Vice CD´s but in my eyes were very typical Miami Vice songs.Russ Ballard - In the night. Absolutely great energy this song! Love to play it at night.Russ Ballard - You´re time is gonna come. Also a great vice song.Mike and the mechanics - Hanging by a threat. Fantastic song, has Vice written all over it also.Red 7 - Heartbeat. Don Johnson in his cigarette boat. great song to a great episode. Phil Collins - long, long way to go. Hypnotic, though it could have been used in a different scene I believeSimply Red - Picture book. Also hypnotic and very well set to the scene.Godley and creme - Cry. I guess this is everyones favourite. The damned - anything. Great action songPhil Collins - dont care anymore. Damn, bold Phils music was just made for vice wasn´t it?Red rider - lunatic fringeThe who - eminence front. Typical vice feel again. Now, there are also many 80´s songs that were not in vice, but did have that vice vibe! Maybe nice to make a list of songs that could have easily made it to episodes? I notice when I listen to the vice music on my ipod in the car, that the quality varies, just like the episodes vary in quality. the music of the first 3 seasons is so much better than the 4th and the 5th. anyways, here are songs that I think could have made it to vice:Lionel Richie - running with the nightDon Henley - Boys of summerI will add some more later when I have time. Also something interesting: the biggest stars of the 80´s no doubt where Madonna, Michael jackson and Prince. except for 1 song from Madonna (gambler) there are no songs of these giants! Strange right? Than again, I cant think of any Michael Jackson song that would fit Vice, which was more new wave music and rock.

Favorite TunesSome nice tracks! I always liked...Rodger Daltrey: After the FirePhil Collins: Take Me HomePhil Collins: Life is a Rat RaceGodley and Creme: CryBob Segar: MiamiAlan Parsons Project: Closer to HeavenKate Bush: Hello Earth...just to name a few.

1.In the Air Tonight-Phil Collins-Brothers Keeper2.Heartbeat-Red 7-Nobody lives Forever3.Brothers in Arm-Dire Straits-Out Where the buses don't Run4.Evan-Jan Hammer-Evan5.I Don't Care Anymore-Phil Collins-No Exit6.Voices-Russ Ballard-Calderone's Return&Demise7.Bad Attitude-Honeymoon Suite-Freefall8.You Never listen to Me-Peter Cetera-Redemption in blood9.You Belong To The City-Glen Frey-Prodigal Son10.Smuggler's Blues-Glen Frey-Smuggler's Blues

"In the Air Tonight" - Phil Collins"Celebration" - Lionel Richie"Baba O'Reilly" - The Who"Riders on the Storm" -The Doors"Desire" - U2"Smuggler's Blues" - Glenn Frey"You Belong to the City" -Glenn Frey"Dirty Laundry" -Don Henley"I Want to Know What Love is" -ForeignerMiami Vice Theme"Don't Dream It's Over" -Crowded House"Wanted (Dead or Alive)" - Bon Jovi

My favourites are:Phil Collins - In The Air TonightRuss Ballard - VoicesGlenn Frey - You Belong To The CityThe Doors - Break On ThroughBilly Idol - I Don't Need A GunDire Straits - Brothers In ArmsPhil Collins - I Don't Care AnymoreHoneymoon Suite - New Girl NowThe Reds - Waiting For YouPropaganda - P Machinery

1 "All Night Long"2 " In the Air Tonight"3 "Smuggler's Blues"4 "You Belong to the City"5 "Lives in the Balance"6 "Voices"7 "Crockett's Theme"8 "Brother's in Arms"9 "Glory, Glory"10 "Cry"11 "Miami Vice Theme"12 "What is Life"

1. "Si Senor The Hairy Grill" - Yello2. "No Guarantees" - The Nobodys3. "Propaganda" - P-Machinery4. "Hawaiian Chance" - Yello5. "Winners and Losers" - Iggy Pop6. "Be My Enemy" - The Waterboys7. "I Don't Care Anymore" - Phil Collins8. "Relax (New York Mix)" - Frankie Goes to Hollywood9. "God's Gift" - The Silencers10. "The Dogs of War" - Pink Floyd

"In the Air Tonight" - Phil Collins"Smuggler's Blues" - Glenn Frey"Brothers in Arm"-Dire Straits"Voices"-Russ Ballard"Par Avion" - Mike and the Mechanics "Russ Ballard" - In the Night"Yello"-Desire"Red rider" - lunatic fringe"going under"-devo"mr.lee"- the bobbettes"biko"- peter gabrielcuold ad more but this was the ones i thought of now!best regards

1.Peter Gabriel-We Do What We're Told2.Steve Winwood-There's A River3.Loz Netto-We Touch4.Bruce Willis-Respect Yourself5.Big Pig-I Can't Break Away6.Jan Hammer-Crocetts Theme7.Jan Hammer-Rain8.Billy Idol-Flesh for Fantasy9.Mr Mister-Stand and Deliver10.Glenn Frey-Smuggler's Blues:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

• 7 months later...

So many great tunes to choose from. And my mood changes like the wind when in comes to Vice songs. But here's a couple that have been on my mind lately.Twist In My Sobriety -- Tanita Takirim. Didn't think much about this song until this year for some reason. It's not a bad tune.Tiny Demons -- Todd Rungren. Great tune, but oh so hard to find on vinyl. It was only released as a single if you purchased a long play record. I found it a few years back at a used record shop. Perfect song for "Little Prince."Dancin' -- Chris Isaac. I always thought this was Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry. This is a real under rated gem. If you haven't downloaded it, do it now. Thank me later.

• 1 year later...
Guest Sylwiamaster

1. Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme2. Tim Truman - Helicopter3. Meat Loaf - Standing On The Outside4. Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive5. Jan Hammer - Payback6. Jan Hammer - Candy7. Yello - Desire8. The Hooters - The Satellite9. Pink Floyd - The Dogs of War10. Public Image Ltd. - The Order Of Death

1. Si Senor The Hairy Grill by Yello2. Lindsay Buckingham - Go Insane3. Mercury Blues by David Lindley 4. Transformation by Nona Hendryx 5. Billy Idol - Don't Need A Gun6. Honeymoon Suite - Bad Attitude7. Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore8. Year Zero by King Swamp - and damn the youtube copywrite police, as I cant find the song on there anymore thanks to them, what a load of useless meter maid enforcers eh? there an embodiment of the saying get a life!9. Phantom Living by The Fixx 10. Pleasure Little Treasure by Depeche Modeand I gotta say an honorable mention to What is life? by Black Uhuru, we kinda need 20 for this list lol

1.Dancin'-Chris Isaac (set that scene perfectly in Payback)2.Underwaterboys-Shriekback (a surreal scene that is made atmospheric by the Shriekback song)3.Phantom Living-The Fixx (Very cool teaser and having a Fixx song makes it all sweet!)4.Best Adventures-Thinkman (very good song and a great teaser)5.Strange to Love-Bryan Ferry (I like Bryan Ferry and I am glad they used alot of his songs)6.Running on the Rocks-Shriekback (cool song set to a kick-ass chase scene)7.You Belong to the City-Glenn Frey (an iconic song of the series in a cool episode)8.Tea in the Sahara-The Police (a very dreamlike scene,too bad it got turned off:evil:)9.Maybe the Poet-Bruce Cockburn (awesome song to a turbulent ending)10.The Glamourous Life-Sheila E. (I like this song and it went really well with the scene)

• 9 months later...

All music from Miami Vice is great, so the choice was difficult.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9utvL_IYLE  (Peter Himmelmann - Climb) 1.

(Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme) 2.

(Peter Gabriel - We do what we are told) 3.

(Jan Hammer - Gina) 4.

(Simply Red - Picture Book) 5.

(The Truth - The Edge Of Town) 6.

(The Ward Brothers - The Madness Of It All) 7.

(Tim Truman - freefall) 8.

(Tim Truman - Helicopter) 9.

(Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over) 10.

PIL - The order od death (my most favourite song from entire series)

Glenn Frey - You belong to the city

Russ Ballard - In the night

Shriekback - Underwater boys

Foreigner - I wanna know what love is (always makes me cry)

Bryan Ferry - Windswept

Hooters - Satellite

Andy Taylor - When the rain comes down

Rockwell - Somebody's watching me

Depeche Mode - Fly on the windscreen (because I'm huge DM fan)

Jan Hammer's score -> Rain, Candy, Rico's blues.

Tim Truman - Everything inside of me

Edited by Ingrid Indigo

PIL - The order od death (my most favourite song from entire series)

I almost completely forgot about that one.

I first heard it in Hardware, aka M.A.R.K. 13 (1990)

Very different from the earlier material of PIL but still a great and catchy tune.