Whats Is your top 10 favorite Miami Vice songs?

Victor

Guessing to follow the spirit of this thread, I tried to compile the list focusing on how much the songs can evoke Vice feelings, more than anything else, so here is my list, absolutely NOT in order of preference:

01 In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins (actually anything from him used used in the show)
02 Nobody's Perfect - Mike & The Mechanics (actually anything from them used in the show)
03 Steve Winwood - There's A River
04 This Masquerade - George Benson (I know, no vice vibe at all, but is too beautiful to be left out)
05 Crockett's Theme - Jan Hammer (but I could also put Marina, Rain, The Trial and The Search on the list)
06 Long Long Way To Go - Phil Collins (again!)
07 Hartbeat - Red 7 (The "Vicest" song ever, i guess)
08 In The Night - Russ Ballard
09 Dirty Laundry - Don Henley
10 Standing on The Outside - Meat Loaf

It's interesting to see that most of the songs used have such a bigger impact in the show than if heard on the records. As we know, they were also edited, cut etc. to fit the scene. And sometimes the scene gives the tunes a totally different perception. I found myself enjoying Depeche Mode, which I never liked! LOL

For menno112: Totally agree with you. I ALWAYS thought that Don Henley's "Boys Of Summer" had to be used in the show. It screams Vice!!

Edited by Jerry B.
  • Like 2