LIBYA's GADDAFI KILLED / MURDERED

COOPER&BURNETT

SIRTE, Libya (Reuters) - Disturbing images of a blood-stained and shaken Muammar Gaddafi being dragged around by angry fighters quickly circulated around the world after the Libyan dictator's dramatic death near his home town of Sirte.The exact circumstances of his demise are still unclear with conflicting accounts of his death emerging. But the footage, possibly of the last chaotic moments of Gaddafi's life, offered some clues into what happened.Gaddafi was still alive when he was captured near Sirte. In the video, filmed by a bystander in the crowd and later aired on television, Gaddafi is shown being dragged off a vehicle's bonnet and pulled to the ground by his hair."Keep him alive, keep him alive!" someone shouts. Gunshots then ring out. The camera veers off."They captured him alive and while he was being taken away, they beat him and then they killed him," one senior source in the NTC told Reuters. "He might have been resisting."In what appeared to contradict the events depicted in the video, Libya's ruling National Transitional Council said Gaddafi was killed when a gunfight broke out after his capture between his supporters and government fighters. He died from a bullet wound to the head, the prime minister said.The NTC said no order had been given to kill him.Gaddafi called the rebels who rose up against his 42 years of one-man rule "rats," but in the end it appeared that it was he who was captured cowering in a drainage pipe full of rubbish and filth."He called us rats, but look where we found him," said Ahmed Al Sahati, a 27-year-old government fighter, standing next to two stinking drainage pipes under a six-lane highway near Sirte.On the ground, government fighters described scenes of sheer carnage as they told stories of Gaddafi's final hours.Shortly before dawn prayers, Gaddafi, surrounded by a few dozen loyal bodyguards and accompanied by the head of his now non-existent army Abu Bakr Younis Jabr, broke out of the two-month siege of Sirte and made a break for the west.They did not get far.France said its aircraft struck military vehicles belonging to Gaddafi forces near Sirte at about 8:30 a.m. (2:30 a.m. ET), but said it was unsure whether the strikes had killed Gaddafi. A NATO official said the convoy was hit either by a French plane or a U.S. Predator drone.Two miles west of Sirte, 15 pick-up trucks mounted with machine guns lay burned out, smashed and smoldering next to an electricity substation 20 meters from the main road.They had clearly been hit by a force far beyond anything the motley army the former rebels has assembled during eight months of revolt to overthrow the once feared leader.But there was no bomb crater, indicating the strike may have been carried out by a fighter jet.Inside the trucks still in their seats sat the charred skeletal remains of drivers and passengers killed instantly by the strike. Other bodies lay mutilated and contorted strewn across the grass. Some 50 bodies in all."MY MASTER IS HERE"Fighters on the ground said Gaddafi and a handful of his men appeared to have run through a stand of trees and taken refuge in the two drainage pipes."At first we fired at them with anti-aircraft guns, but it was no use," said Salem Bakeer, while being feted by his comrades near the road. "Then we went in on foot."One of Gaddafi's men came out waving his rifle in the air and shouting surrender, but as soon as he saw my face he started shooting at me," he told Reuters."Then I think Gaddafi must have told them to stop. 'My master is here, my master is here', he said, 'Muammar Gaddafi is here and he is wounded'," said Bakeer."We went in and brought Gaddafi out. He was saying 'what's wrong? What's wrong? What's going on?'. Then we took him and put him in the car," Bakeer said.At the time of his capture, Gaddafi was already wounded with gunshots to his leg and to his back, Bakeer said.Other government fighters who said they took part in Gaddafi's capture, separately confirmed Bakeer's version of events, though one said the man who ruled Libya for 42 years was shot and wounded at the last minute by one of his own men."One of Muammar Gaddafi's guards shot him in the chest," said Omran Jouma Shawan.There were also other versions of events. NTC official Abdel Majid Mlegta told Reuters Gaddafi had been finally cornered in a compound in Sirte after hours of fighting, and wounded in a gun battle with NTC forces.He said Gaddafi kept repeating "What is the matter? What's going on? What do you want?" and resisted as NTC fighters seized him. He added that Gaddafi died of his wounds as he was being transported in an ambulance."He was bleeding from his stomach. It took a long time to transport him. He bled to death (in the ambulance)," he said.Another NTC official, speaking to Reuters anonymously, gave a violent account of Gaddafi's death: "They (NTC fighters) beat him very harshly and then they killed him. This is a war."Video footage showed Gaddafi, dazed and wounded, but still clearly alive and as he was dragged from the front of a pick-up truck by a crowd of angry jostling government soldiers who hit him and pulled his hair to drag him to the ground.He then appeared to fall to the ground and was enveloped by the crowd. NTC officials later announced Gaddafi had died of his wounds after capture.Someone in the crowd shouted "keep him alive, keep him alive," but another fighter cried out in a high pitched crazed scream. Gaddafi then goes out of view and gunshots are heard.Further footage showed what appeared to be Gaddafi's lifeless body being loaded into an ambulance in Sirte.One of the fighters who said he took part in the capture brandished a heavily engraved golden pistol he said he had taken from Gaddafi.Fallen electricity cables partially covered the entrance to the pipes and the bodies of three men, apparently Gaddafi bodyguards lay at the entrance to one end, one in shorts probably due to a bandaged wound on his leg.Four more bodies lay at the other end of the pipes. All black men, one had his brains blown out, another man had been decapitated, his dreadlocked head lying beside his torso.Army chief Jabr was also captured alive, Bakeer said. NTC officials later announced he was dead.Joyous government fighters fired their weapons in the air, shouted "Allahu Akbar" and posed for pictures. Others wrote graffiti on the concrete parapets of the highway. One said simply: "Gaddafi was captured here."

Another two bit dictator bites the dust.

Remember, Crockett mentions him in an episode about how Gaddafi want's to meet with Regan in his tent (Gaddafi actually did say that, for those who are too young to remember).

Next we need to get rid of the Castro regeim.

Keep in mind, that in theory, ousting these guys sounds great, but who knows what regeim will replace them. Many Muslim terror groups may certainly take over.

• Administrators

Yes that is true. Which is why we are still in Iraq trying to let the people form their own democracy so that we don't have to do this all over again in a few years with a different dictator.Castro's brother, who I believe is in current command, is no better than Fidel.

• Administrators

Good riddance! It's too bad we don't have the guts to drag some of our wonderful elected officials out and burn them at the stake!

• Administrators

Good riddance! It's too bad we don't have the guts to drag some of our wonderful elected officials out and burn them at the stake!

I was thinking we should go back to public hangings for our elected officials.We could have a new policy in regards to that. Lie to the American public just to get in office, hangem. Don't follow the will of the majority while in office, hangem.Man there would be no one left. :)

• Administrators
I was thinking we should go back to public hangings for our elected officials.We could have a new policy in regards to that. Lie to the American public just to get in office' date=' hangem. Don't follow the will of the majority while in office, hangem.Man there would be no one left. :)[/quote']Put it all on pay per view and you'd be a millionaire!

No kidding. I believe we shall start with... ALL of them... Mike

I was thinking we should go back to public hangings for our elected officials.We could have a new policy in regards to that. Lie to the American public just to get in office' date=' hangem. Don't follow the will of the majority while in office, hangem.Man there would be no one left. :)[/quote']I agree with you guys, things aren't a whole lot better over here. Lies, lies and more lies along with fat-cat city bankers growing richer by the minute. Although we had a change of government 18 months ago, nothing has really changed: the politicians are still self-serving & not interested in their constituents.

Really glad to see Gaddafi go, he killed a lot of innocent people but I'm not entirely sure it was worth a billion US dollars considering our current financial situation. Castro should be next. I would be willing to contribute a small amount to the cost and many in the Miami community would also. Can't begin to recount all the horror stories I heard growing up about the brutality and terror of his regime. Many stories must have been true. From what I hear, things are not much better today. Multiple murders, almost causing WWIII with Russian missiles, and dumping his refuse on Miami should never be forgotten. (some good folks managed to escape at the same time I should add) The great world-wide expansion of the drone system would allow us to deny responsibility. Only a real explosive expert could tell the difference between a drone strike and a rocket from a Cuban Air Force fighter. Just wishful thinking. Never happen, unfortunately.

• Administrators

I'm not a big follower of current events but I've always considered Cuba to be a dictatorship not unlike Libya. So I guess my main question is how does one choose to go there on vacation? I doubt you would be protected by United States law. I'd hate to be stuck there if it hit the fan!

Keep in mind' date=' that in theory, ousting these guys sounds great, but who knows what regeim will replace them. Many Muslim terror groups may certainly take over.[/quote']Ditto. Maybe when he's burried, we'll finally learn how his last name is legally spelled. :rolleyes:Also, he's been frozen in a meat locker. :D Maybe his funeral can be titled, "The Big Thaw."Everything comes back to MV! :D:)

Ditto. Maybe when he's burried' date=' we'll finally learn how his last name is legally spelled. :rolleyes:Also, he's been frozen in a meat locker. :D Maybe his funeral can be titled, "The Big Thaw."Everything comes back to MV! :D:)[/quote']:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Keep in mind' date=' that in theory, ousting these guys sounds great, but who knows what regeim will replace them. Many Muslim terror groups may certainly take over.[/quote']:clap::clap::clap:Well said Coops.Look at Egypt. Christians are now being killed in the streets, since their overthrow of government, and strangely not a mention from the worlds media.I also have no sence of loss for Gadafis' death, but worry about who will take over. I only imagine the worlds out cry if the US troops who captured Sadam Hussein had treated him the same way the rebels in Lybia treated Gadafi. Strange how the western media has their agenda when reporting world events.

:clap::clap::clap:Well said Coops.Look at Egypt. Christians are now being killed in the streets' date=' since their overthrow of government, and strangely not a mention from the worlds media.I also have no sence of loss for Gadafis' death, but worry about who will take over. I only imagine the worlds out cry if the US troops who captured Sadam Hussein had treated him the same way the rebels in Lybia treated Gadafi. Strange how the western media has their agenda when reporting world events.[/quote']Absolutely could not have said it better myself aussiefan.I hate the "mainstream" media. They report however they wish to slant it, and you don't get the other side. They like it that way. They have thier own agenda. Wish more people would wake up to this fact.Remember the Soviet Unions news paper? The Government controlled every aspect of it. It's now becoming more like that in the U.S..

Absolutely could not have said it better myself aussiefan.I hate the "mainstream" media. They report however they wish to slant it' date=' and you don't get the other side. They like it that way. They have thier own agenda. Wish more people would wake up to this fact.Remember the Soviet Unions news paper? The Government controlled every aspect of it. It's now becoming more like that in the U.S..[/quote']The Government hear is the same. They have wasted our budget surplesses, from the previous government, on one failed scheme after another. Four years ago Australia had no government debt and budget surplesses. Now we are nearly 100billion in debt, and rising. This is debt that future generations will have to repay. But back to the media. A number of our news papers and commentators have continually been critical of this governments reckless spending and now our Prime Minister says she wants an inquiery into the newspapers and media here. If it does happen I guarentee it will only call in those who have been critical of them. Welcome to Russia 1950(sorry Australia 2011)

The Government hear is the same. They have wasted our budget surplesses' date=' from the previous government, on one failed scheme after another. Four years ago Australia had no government debt and budget surplesses. Now we are nearly 100billion in debt, and rising. This is debt that future generations will have to repay. But back to the media. A number of our news papers and commentators have continually been critical of this governments reckless spending and now our Prime Minister says she wants an inquiery into the newspapers and media here. If it does happen I guarentee it will only call in those who have been critical of them. Welcome to Russia 1950(sorry Australia 2011)[/quote']The current government here put us 4 TRILLION dollars in debt in two years with failed economic recovery stimulus bills, and other wastefull spending. They actually feel they can spend our way out of debt. The current Government wants to enact a bill that would shut down radio broadcasts that don't agree with it's current administrations point of view. They already control the tv, magazines and newspapers, now they want to shut down the only alternative means of getting information.I wonder how Libya will be run now, and by whom?

• Administrators
I wonder how Libya will be run now' date=' and by whom?[/quote']That's always the same concern wherever you go. Same reason why elections have become such a joke. They're ALL liars and they ALL have only their own interests on the agenda. So who do you vote for? The devil you know or the devil you might get?

I wonder how Libya will be run now' date=' and by whom?[/quote']Apparently the Muslim brotherhood. They already announced earlier today that sharia law is going to be imposed and that every man can have up to 4 wives.

So........Why did the current U.S. administration, and NATO bomb Libya, and help the Muslim Brotherhood to overthow (even though he was a bad dictator) someone who was not an immediate threat to the U.S. or U.S. interests, and help a group that we are not friendly with?Ask yourself this question.