Marshall's Has Crockett Linen Blazers!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Great. I can have photos of all 3 jackets from all angles' date=' taken as screen shots from the DVD. Let me know if they want these photos. Sending just one photo is good as a starter, because they can certainly tell us if they have the proper linen (or cotton /linen is the alternative) fabric in that specific color and also striped pattern. They should start with that - (1) do you want the bulk order from a group of guys?, and (2) do you have this fabric in linen or cotton / linen blend (see photo)? I recommend that we start that way.[/quote']Do they offer discounts for multiple orders? Guessing different sizes would mean they couldn't do that.I think the striped version would be hard to do, and it wouldn't look quite as good as the real deal. The solid color versions would be easier, but they may not have the ability to color copy the correct shade, so it may look different.I love the idea though, and should be looked into. :thumbsup:In the meantime, I'll enjoy my copy.Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• timm525

• aussiefan

Do they offer discounts for multiple orders? Guessing different sizes would mean they couldn't do that.I think the striped version would be hard to do' date=' and it wouldn't look quite as good as the real deal. The solid color versions would be easier, but they may not have the ability to color copy the correct shade, so it may look different.I love the idea though, and should be looked into. :thumbsup:[/quote']Exactly. The copy that you have, Coop, just proves that this fabric is out there. Striped fabric like that can be found. Will they find it for us? And ... if they claim that they have the fabric that we want, they should send us a swatch of the fabric, and then we can take a look at it, and decide for ourselves if they have really matched the fabric that we are searched for since the '80s (one hell of a long search). Better view of Smuggler's Blues medium blue linen (in full sun, so a better view of the color):Eingefügtes Bild

The striped quality won't be great. The original was a quality exclusive blazer. The close details would be hard to copy without the details.

Yeah - but I would be happy with a blazer that was close. I'm curious to see what they say. It might be worth it, but the unknown is the cost to ship it from the other side of the world. That could get costly.

Yeah - but I would be happy with a blazer that was close. I'm curious to see what they say. It might be worth it' date=' but the unknown is the cost to ship it from the other side of the world. That could get costly.[/quote']I too would be happy with a close copy of the blazer, but I bet it would be more expensive because of the striping, and if you chose to have the back pleat near the shoulders, it would run higher than just a blazer with a solid color.

They should start with that - (1) do you want the bulk order from a group of guys?' date=' and (2) do you have this fabric in linen or cotton / linen blend (see photo)? I recommend that we start that way.EDIT - these would also be unlined, so less cost to them to produce the style that we want.[/quote']Don't worry, if they say they can make the jackets to order I will just buy one first up to make sure they are matched to colours and style. By bulk order I meant that if they can do this then they will get a lot more orders in the future.Yes they will be unlined. They make lined or half lined. But from my other order I just notified them of my needs and they worked with me. I believe the main thing will be getting the colours matched, as you will see from the pictures of my suit, they supply close to the vice style of clothing.COST. My suit cost $129AUS. Thats made and delivered to my door.

Don't worry' date=' if they say they can make the jackets to order I will just buy one first up to make sure they are matched to colours and style. By bulk order I meant that if they can do this then they will get a lot more orders in the future.Yes they will be unlined. They make lined or half lined. But from my other order I just notified them of my needs and they worked with me. I believe the main thing will be getting the colours matched, as you will see from the pictures of my suit, they supply close to the vice style of clothing.COST. My suit cost $129AUS. Thats made and delivered to my door.[/quote']The price sure is right.Cheap labor I suppose.Your idea is GREAT, and many of us seem to be onboard with this idea. I'll buy one if they look good.

The price sure is right.Cheap labor I suppose.Your idea is GREAT' date=' and many of us seem to be onboard with this idea. I'll buy one if they look good.[/quote']Can only see what they offer. As you say the solid colours should be the easiest. But we can only try. If they can't then I will look elsewhere.

My suit cost $129AUS. Thats made and delivered to my door.

I'd buy at that price. But, my door is on the other side of the world, so I know I've got higher shipping costs. Did you send the photos that were posted in this thread of the 3 jackets that we want them to start on? I ask because other guys may want other jackets, but I am going on my memory of the 3 most wanted jackets from the past 5 years. Those have got to be the top 3.

Thanks again for the tip. I just bought one. If I like it enough' date=' I'll buy another.:thumbsup:[/quote']Here's the one I bought last year. This year's version looks like the same color, but called by a different name, for some reason:Eingefügtes BildComparison to the original that started it all:Eingefügtes BildQuite close, I think you'll agree. The versions worn by Crockett always seemed to have that washed-out faded look.

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&YOOX=JIL+SANDER&dept=men&tskay=B84CE7A2&rr=1&cod10=41160979LX&sts=sr_men80This is the closest match I could find for it. I am not sure how close of a representation that photo is, even in the sun, as you can see that it's a lot darker in the shade. That's one thing, and another is that the whole episode has faded look as if it was done on a cheap film or something.The color also has names such as cornflower blue, steel blue, royal blue... go figure.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/MVClothingCollection0023.jpgComparison to the original that started it all:Eingefügtes BildQuite close, I think you'll agree. The versions worn by Crockett always seemed to have that washed-out faded look.

I have two henleys already that are close to that shade, but I bought it anyway. If I like it (I ordered LARGE), I may order another one and cut the rounded neckline away like the versions Crockett wore.I wonder if the color could be considered, "peach"?

I have two henleys already that are close to that shade' date=' but I bought it anyway. If I like it (I ordered LARGE), I may order another one and cut the rounded neckline away like the versions Crockett wore.I wonder if the color could be considered, "peach"?[/quote']I could be wrong here Cooper....(and I apologize if I am:o) but some may call it an "APRICOT" shade of sorts. The one Don Johnson is wearing with the Blazer does resemble Peach a lot. I meant the other one that you quoted right above the "Smuggler's Blues" shot.

I could be wrong here Cooper....(and I apologize if I am:o) but some may call it an "APRICOT" shade of sorts.

Could be apricot, yeah.

Here's some more SMUGGLER'S BLUES BLUE JACKET photos to send to have blazers made for us.Eingefügtes BildNOTE: There is only one black or dark blue sleeve button.

Thanks for the extra pictures. I will send them as many as needed, if they can make the jackets.Am still waiting for a reply to the request I sent studio suits, yesterday. Am assuming it will take them a few days for colour match, especially the striped one.Will contact them Monday if I have not heard back. From previous dealings they usually respond to questions in 2 or 3 days.I will keep you posted.:cheers:

Thanks for the extra pictures. I will send them as many as needed' date=' if they can make the jackets.Am still waiting for a reply to the request I sent studio suits, yesterday. Am assuming it will take them a few days for colour match, especially the striped one.Will contact them Monday if I have not heard back. From previous dealings they usually respond to questions in 2 or 3 days.I will keep you posted.:cheers:[/quote']Beautiful!Thanks Mate! :tasse_prost:

Thanks for the extra pictures. I will send them as many as needed' date=' if they can make the jackets.Am still waiting for a reply to the request I sent studio suits, yesterday. Am assuming it will take them a few days for colour match, especially the striped one.Will contact them Monday if I have not heard back. From previous dealings they usually respond to questions in 2 or 3 days.I will keep you posted.:cheers:[/quote']Fantastic. This is looking good. I can get some more screenshots of the Peach colored jacket and also the striped one, and have them ready to send, in anticipation of some good news. Next - how do we find out everyone here on the site that will want to order a jacket? I can almost here it now - "oh no, no one told me!"

Maybe we can make a sticky thread... that way they can't complain they missed it :)I'm size 38 btw. 38R, 38S whatever... That would make everyone's life so much easier wouldn't it? Also if we have convention we'd need to have a raffle who'd get to wear which blazer so we don't all look the same :DRichie can you also send photos of the blazer in my avatar? That one is on my most wanted list, gray and blue striped heaven :(