Marshall's Has Crockett Linen Blazers!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Richie can you also send photos of the blazer in my avatar? That one is on my most wanted list' date=' gray and blue striped heaven :([/quote']I agree, but I think the odds of a tailor being able to find that fabric is Zero (or less).It's a complex pattern, but you could always submit it to them yourself. See what they say.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• timm525

• aussiefan

I agree' date=' but I think the odds of a tailor being able to find that fabric is Zero (or less).It's a complex pattern, but you could always submit it to them yourself. See what they say.[/quote']Your 100% correct. I belive on the pattered jackets the best we can hope for is a very close match. We've got to rememmber we are looking for a match on a specific pattern and colours from more than 25 years ago. The solid colours should be a lot easier, virtually spot on. If you look at their site the styles are very similar and you can choose your number of buttons, venting, pockets, etc.As for ordering. If they can get colours and patterns we agree on then I think to paste a thread with pictures and a link to the site is best. Because they make to size for each customer it would be easier for everyone to place their own order.That is provided they can do this. But as I said before, If they can't then I will look elswhere.

Any word from them yet?

I have just sent them a follow up email. Also emailed another company I found.Maybe they are in shock from my request?

Have recieved an email back from the second company I found. They say that the solid colours are no problem. As we thought it will be very unlikely to get a match on the pattered material, being they are from over 20 years ago. But they will try for as close a match as possible. There prices range from $99to over $500 depending on the material used. Again you have your choices for buttons, pockets etc. I will keep you posted as I find out more over the following days.Have not heard back, as yet, from the original company.

OK Cooops'. I need some information. I am going to place an order for a sample. He says he can match the solid colours from pictures, so I might try the blue, from "smugglers blues". Do you know the blends that were used for this. I have a choice of linen/silk, linen/cotton or pure linen. Prices ranging from $99 to $195 respectively.Also need to check the buttons, venting, pockets etc. To make sure I get it accurate. Also assuming it is unlined. I hope it is, there my favourite.I await you specifications.

I like where this thread is going. After using around 100-150 hours and lots of cash this year looking for perfect blazers this is music in my ears.I was planning on taking a trip to thailand or similar country with empty suitcases and get them filled up with MV blazers. :D It would probably be more expensive than buying these from internet.A price range from $100-300 isn`t too bad. Almost every italian blazer costs more than that.Good job aussiefan! :thumbsup:

OK Cooops'. I need some information. I am going to place an order for a sample. He says he can match the solid colours from pictures' date=' so I might try the blue, from "smugglers blues". Do you know the blends that were used for this. I have a choice of linen/silk, linen/cotton or pure linen. Prices ranging from $99 to $195 respectively.Also need to check the buttons, venting, pockets etc. To make sure I get it accurate. Also assuming it is unlined. I hope it is, there my favourite.I await you specifications.[/quote']O.K., here goes.It's 100% linen used on the show (If we went linen/cotton, most likely it would be cheaper, but pure linen is the correct fabric.)There are one button each on the wrists (hard to tell, but it's either black, or very dark blue, darker than the fabric. most likely very dark blue). We can't tell if it's half lined or not (I'm pretty sure it is), half lined (lined in the upper shoulders, and in the arms...makes it easier to put on and off, and doesn't bunch up on clothes) but get a quote on half lined, and no lining.There is very minimal shoulder padding, but it's there. (Half lining would have the shoulder padding built into it, which is much better).There is no back vents.Wide lapels, one button front closure.The two front pockets are not patch pockets, but deep slash front pockets, no flaps. -COOPKeep in mind, this won't be a perfect copy, just a nice copy. The only way to have a perfect copy is to have the original.

Thanks Coops,I will order to the details given. Will not place the order for a few days in case you find anything new.

-COOPKeep in mind, this won't be a perfect copy, just a nice copy. The only way to have a perfect copy is to have the original.

Quite right. But will try and get the copy as close to original specs as we can.I will let you know when I have placed the order. It will probably be about 6 to eight weeks until I recieve it once the order is approved.Heard back from the original company today. Had to send another email explaining my order request. Seems as though they are not as good with any order outside there specifications. Hopefully this new one is good. Anyway, we will no in a about 2 months.:cheers:

Thanks Coops' date='I will order to the details given. Will not place the order for a few days in case you find anything new.Quite right. But will try and get the copy as close to original specs as we can.I will let you know when I have placed the order. It will probably be about 6 to eight weeks until I recieve it once the order is approved.Heard back from the original company today. Had to send another email explaining my order request. Seems as though they are not as good with any order outside there specifications. Hopefully this new one is good. Anyway, we will no in a about 2 months.:cheers:[/quote']Sounds great.I'm in no rush. Be interesting to see how it turns out. :thumbsup::clap:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/MVClothingCollection0023.jpgComparison to the original that started it all:Eingefügtes BildQuite close, I think you'll agree. The versions worn by Crockett always seemed to have that washed-out faded look.

I got my shirt today. It was a large size, and bigger than the size Large versions I usually get, so today I bought two Medium size shirts.Don't forget, he wore it in LOMBARD also.Eingefügtes Bild

I have these from a prior order. They are good as I'm hard on clothing and they are holding up well. I too ordered two more today with some shoes. I'll wear them here and in FL again this coming winter. Hope to meet some of our FL Members while down there.

RE: Wal-Mart - no cotton 3-button henleys this spring. Looks like we are out of luck' date=' after they stocked them the past 3 years, each spring. I'm glad I stocked up.[/quote']EDIT: Correction.Wal-Mart has restocked the 3 button henleys. I found them here locally.Now the bad news. As usual, as far as Vice-approved colors, it is again one pastel color, and the usual white and black, 3-button, 100% cotton.The one pastel is "Blue Blitz", kind of a french blue, like the Smugglers Blues jacket shade. I did like the color, and I may get one later - $7 for S-L sizes.Not online - appears to be in store only.

Custom Jackets.See the attached picture of the patterned material found so far. I know it is more checkered than the original. The supplier is still looking, but has said as the original is over 20 years old, the chances of an exact match staight from a roll is very unlikely.Let us know your opinions.[ATTACH]1106[/ATTACH]

post-1029-13892963114547_thumb.jpg

1106[/ATTACH]

I guess my opinion would have to be that they failed. There is no blue in our sample. Presenting a checked pattern to match our striped pattern is called a FAIL. They could either keep looking, or their other option is to give up. Their statements make it sound like they don't wish to keep looking. Am I correct?

EDIT: Correction.Wal-Mart has restocked the 3 button henleys. I found them here locally.Now the bad news. As usual' date=' as far as Vice-approved colors, it is again one pastel color, and the usual white and black, 3-button, 100% cotton.The one pastel is "Blue Blitz", kind of a french blue, like the Smugglers Blues jacket shade. I did like the color, and I may get one later - $7 for S-L sizes.Not online - appears to be in store only.[/quote']I got my fill last year. I'm good.