So what does your lady, sweetie, significant other etc think of VICE?

Icemanmike

Do they roll thier eyes, leave the room, think your on some macho man trip back in time when fitness came easier? Not mine! Susan joins me anytime I start an episode up. Two days ago I chose "Little Prince" and she sat down and got a few minutes into it and said that she never saw this episode before. She loved Prodigal Son saying how well done it was with a good story line. Any of you fellow "Vicer's" have the same thing as I have or do you have the opposite reaction when the disc starts playing? If the reaction is opposite of mine, I'm sure you have a story...Mike

• Administrators

I actually met my current wife on .org. We became friends and it just progressed and we are now happily married! So we owe our marriage to Miami Vice! It doesn't get any better than that!

I actually met my current wife on .org. We became friends and it just progressed and we are now happily married! So we owe our marriage to Miami Vice! It doesn't get any better than that!

A match made in "Vice Heaven":clap::clap::clap:My wife/partner/significant other never use to watch vice with me but she does now. A couple of years ago, after I got back from working interstate for 6 months, she sat down and watched a few episodes with me. She loves them now. She was only commenting the other week on how Don,PMT, EJO and Michael Talbotts' strong acting held the show together. She also never new that the show covered issues that no other show had or would at the time. What more could you want than to sit up late with the wife and watch Miami Vice. She does think there is something seriously wrong when I sit there in a linen suit.:D:D:D

At some point all my suitresses must pass the Airwolf test. No te gusta? There's the door. My dog likes Airwolf.

She does think there is something seriously wrong when I sit there in a linen suit.:D:D:D

AWESOME!! Keep doing it!

At some point all my suitresses must pass the Airwolf test. No te gusta? There's the door. My dog likes Airwolf.

I still love AIRWOLF. Season one was the bomb! Season 2 was also pretty cool.

Well, the women I've dated, only one of them thought it was O.K., and will watch with me, but she doesn't get into it like me. She knows it's my thing. She's more interested in me than Miami Vice. She just wants to be with me. That's cool.One girlfriend actually watched PRODIGAL SON with me, and saw Don wearing the powder blue suit in New York, and she replied, "He looks gay." :eek::eek: Gay? Crockett looks like he's GAY?? That was the only episode I showed her. She just didn't get it. She did, however like my JAN HAMMER cds, thank god for that. Anyway, we don't date any longer.;)Chloe or Alleycat would make a MUCH better MIAMI VICE date!

I remember when I was kid,run top speed from school home to do not miss any episodes of Miami Vice.I sit on the couch and watch Miami Vice in cyan T-shirt with pink flamingo and title "Paradise Miami" in front and my mom thought that I'm crazy:):):):):)And now my girlfriend some times thinks that I show more attention to MV than her:eek:Thats not true,my attention is enough to all:):):):):)

I remember when I was kid' date='run top speed from school home to do not miss any episodes of Miami Vice.I sit on the couch and watch Miami Vice in cyan T-shirt with pink flamingo and title "Paradise Miami" in front and my mom thought that I'm crazy:):):):):)And now my girlfriend some times thinks that I show more attention to MV than her:eek:Thats not true,my attention is enough to all:):):):):)[/quote']Your cool! :)PASTELS FOREVER!!! :thumbsup:

My girlfriend has watched some episodes with my but she is not very interested so she does something else when I watch MV.She likes most of the clothes and sometimes wear my t-shirts. Pastel colored ones.What she loves about Vice is me with a 5 o`clock shadow so I have an excuse not to shave :)

Like Ferrariman I got to know my partner on this site. We were friends for more than one year before we noticed that we´d fallen in love. Now we´re a couple, not married, but very happy.

Mrs. Cometh has watched a few eps with me, but it's not her bag. She's well aware of my Vice obsession, though. She finds it charming and/or amusing.

My wife has only watched a couple of episodes with me, but she did admit to watching it a bit in its original run because it was so popular and trendy. I can't complain though, unlike alot of my friends' wives, she is into alot of things that I like and we have a good life. She likes sailing and kayaking and snorkeling with me. We camp in my old VW westphalia campervan and she likes hiking and swimming and generally being outdoors like me. We live on a marina in Long Beach and just enjoy the beach lifestyle. We cruise PCH in her convertible beetle frequently. What's not to like? She does think it's a bit dorky to be so into something, but, as I already told Coop, she did like the henley I just bought, so that's progress. :thumbsup:

• Administrators
I remember when I was kid' date='run top speed from school home to do not miss any episodes of Miami Vice.[/quote']Hmm, Vice used to be on at 10PM. Exactly how far away was your school? :p

Mine rolls her eyes a bit and while she has never said it I think I see in her eyes, she thinks I have a man crush on DJ. :) She really doesn't know what to think of the clothes, my desire for An Audi TT in black, or the shoulder holster I sometimes wear. I usually carry anyway as I've put so many back in prison and kept them there, but usually it's not in a shoulder holster.

Most women I meet aren't into Vice at all....................................I can't meet one who is interested but I don't care.Love is an illusion created by lawyer types to create another illusion called marriage, to create the reality of divorse, thusly creating the illusionary need for divorse lawyers.I'm happy being single and playing with my toys...no one nagging at me.The last girlfriend told me to sell the boat!.......................................WTF!?! she's gone...

Well, I definitely don't have a wife yet and don't have a girlfriend either.If I someday meet that "special lady", I hope that she likes VICE. :)I don't know about todays girls anyway..... that's one of the million other reasons I wish I had born in the mid-late 60's. Many of you guys are blessed. Not just living in the 80's, but your wifes/girlfriends actually, propably got to watch the show on it's original run or something like that. Well, atleast they understand the VICE thing somehow, I think, since they lived that era.Oh well, I just hope that maybe someday I'll find that special someone.And I really hope that she likes VICE! That's a HUUUGE plus! :D:cool:

Hmm' date=' Vice used to be on at 10PM. Exactly how far away was your school? :p[/quote'] In Lithuania Miami Vice was from 2005-2006 and it was on 4 PM,my school was about 10min away but almost every day of school lessons ended about 03:50 PM so I get home just in time:)

• Administrators

The last girlfriend told me to sell the boat!.......................................WTF!?! she's gone...

I always told my 1st wife that she'd go before my Duster. Still got the Duster! :)

Guest myonlyvice

My wife hates it. However, sometimes when she sees me watching it she'll comment on what "lookers" DJ and PMT were. :)She's fine with it when I induldge in my Vice clothing, and sometimes she'll even encourage it. When she's in a great mood or when I've been an especially good boy, she'll sit down and watch an episode or two with me. I'm sure she views it as a personal sacrifice. Somehow, she's under the impression that she's seen every episode already. Personally, I think she's seen no more than 30, but she is convinced to the contrary. Perhaps it's because I tend to focus on season two to the detriment of the other seasons. Does anybody else's wife think she's seen it all but she really hasn't? I think the next opportunity I have I'm going to force her to watch "Mirror Image"; that'll shake her up. :DGreat idea for a thread, by the way.

WOW! Didn't think there would be so much positive acceptence from the significant other's point of view. That's awesome!! Man Lou, you and I have some of the same ideas or thoughts... your comments here have been right on... Sell a car or a boat or she'll be gone... Good grief! I find it very cool that couples enjoy Vice and Even the thought of Vice bringing some together is even better. I've had this question or thought on my mind for some time and I thought it would be a fun topic. Even today Vice lives on and being able to share the greatness of this series warms my heart...:clap::clap::clap::clap:.... Anyone else? Mike

My ex husband ( note the EX hated my love & passion for MV. In fact I was not allowed to watch it, I know, it was an dysfunctional marriage! Anyhow, after I threw him out after his 3rd extra marital liaison I was able to indulge my passion full time....& boy I enjoy! It was compulsory when I met someone else that they were cool with my slight obsession and my continual references to the show on a daily basis lol I also have a dislike for the 2 women who were with DJ in Guys and Dolls in London and got to kiss him!!! When they are in something on tv I want to scream..'YOU KISSED MY LOVER' .....lol I found MV.org after my marriage broke up and have happily indulged ever since. Sometimes life gets in the way but I think of the show frequently. I have MV wallpaper on my iPhone too, a constant reminder. And if course I met my darling Mr C&B here too ; ) My UK lover is very cool with all my MV lustings. It must be love lol I also watch MV over the Internet with US MV BFF, given the time difference it's a feat in itself, but Tim is absolutely fine , so long as I'm happy he's happy & I'm very happy with VICE!