Lost our Passion!

Tony D.

Tony' date=' ....Do you think I've lost MY passion?[/quote']Seems to me that your passion for MV has only grown more, uhhhhh ... passionate !!!But that is stating the obvious (regardless of the no head thing).

Wow, I feel like John McCain on the night of Nov.4th! :o :cry:I thank you Lou, for your welcome invitation to stay here even though I still post on .org. It is very difficult for me to just leave there since Tifany & Martijn have always treated me with respect & I don't want to add to their misery.Timm, I was looking at the # of posts & amount of members who joined here & have actually posted something and I saw 0 zero posts by their names. I didn't check everyone but some who I've known. This site is definitely more active.Yes, as Nash3333 said it's a shift of passion or a change of address that we have. What you told me about the support I could expect on the convention was, sadly quite accurate. Coop, you are Sonny Crockett ( without a head of course ) and you have contributed a wealth of pics & other interesting things! I never saw Jan Hammer web site & I'm sorry to hear they treated you badly.Viceman, I think you know me better than anyone here and better than I know myself! I thank you for the positive comments about me. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings & it sometimes backfires on me because it may hurt another. I'm not as comfortable with the workings of this website as .org but I'll be here for the DVD discussions & hopefully for some fun topics.I'll try not to bring up the dead horse again.

I happen to understand and share what Tony D says, but not exactly for the same reasons. Tony feels that the loss of passion, if any, comes from the fights displayed on .org and the making of this new site which is still under construction and is looking for its "soul". My take on this is that a combination of reasons can indeed lead to a loss of interest, not in the show but in our participation to dicussions.After years of visiting and contributing daily to .org i became a bit tired of it. Same topics, same quizzes, same questions... I knew all there was to know about the show (or just about). It is only natural to drift away after some time. Also, my personal life didn't allow me to spend as much time on the site as before. The fights didn't help either and i gradually fazed out. I still love MV and always will, but i no longer have the same passion for discussions about it. I'll continue to log in every once in a while but my days as in intricate member are behind me.

I do think that as time goes by and the movie passes further and further into the past, that a bit of a lack of interest has snuck in to both sites. I think a lot of the interest generated by the movie had nothing really to do with Miami Vice as it did Colin Farrell, Jamie Foxx, and what looked like a movie that was going to be a high powered action Rambo style movie as oppossed to a grown up crime flick. But as far as losing "passion" for vice, I think those of us who remember Vice in it's prime will never lose the passion. I watch Vice all of the time. I do think too that everyone got the crap beaten out of them on the other site, and Vice fan or not, it still takes it's toll on you.

Coop' date=' if passion had the ability to grow two legs and walk around among us, I have no doubt it would look exactly like you![/quote']Headless passion - not so much walking among us as bumping into us wearing pastels and posing for pictures with squirrels and inappropriate objects!!!:p

Headless passion - not so much walking among us as bumping into us wearing pastels and posing for pictures with squirrels and inappropriate objects!!!:p

You love it. .......you know you do. ;)

As for .org ' date=' I will not abandon them unless they do something bad or they boot me out.[/quote']Tony, my pal....something worst...you mean.... Weirdly, i didnt understand this "no moderator" thing. Since post were deleted, people were banned, and there aren´t any moderators? Pure hipocrisy.Well..let me stay quiet....and lets talk about the future...happy 2009!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice topic!At least in my case, I guess it had to do with the old site atmosphere, which grew bad so silently that I could only nail it after I was out of it.After more than half a decade in there, to me started to be hard pulling a new thread and getting once more all the risk of reading childish replies of all kinds: nonsense ones, bully "already posted" ones, and so on. One kind of stupid reply I particularly disliked too was the "who cares" type... Let people post bore to death threads as long as it is Vice stuff. They may be boring to some but not to all.I feel at home here, I am happy to meet the old pals, and I'd say the passion is coming back.I wonder also if we all had such a feeling of satisfaction when 5th season came out on DVD that we felt a bit "mission complete" and temporarily moved on to other things. I really suffered back in 2003 (or earlier) when there was that hoax (supposedly a Universal representative) that didn't let anybody discuss DVD releases. When I finally had the dream of the DVDs come true I just breathed a bit. After watching the 5 seasons DVDs for the first time, I could for a brief period simply feel the satisfaction, setting temporarily aside many Vice discussions. That may seem like a loss of passion, but it's simply like feeling well after a banquet with your favorite food!