Tubbs' Best Performance

Dadrian

which ep was tubbs at his best?please post any "write-ins" below.THINK: you are voting for tubbs' best performance, not your favorite episode.i voted for "one-eyed jack", because i love how he gets crockett out of the hot seat. great writing and great acting by PMT!

I would say, "One Eyed Jack", because PMT does it all in there. Accents , dancing, cool undercover.....I love it!I also nominate...."The Cell Within" as #2, which is not listed. He has the whole episode! :thumbsup:

THINK: you are voting for tubbs' best performance' date=' not your favorite episoode.[/quote']
I also nominate...."The Cell Within" as #2' date=' which is not listed. He has the whole episode! :thumbsup:[/quote']i'll have to admit: i used a bit of a double standard here :otubbs is good in this one, but the ep kind of gives me the creeps, so i didn't put it on the list. thanks for mentioning it though, tony. i'm sure others agree with us about tubbs being good on that ep.

Another good performance in an episode not on the list was Red Tape. The "I want my Money" scene was well done.

I was just going to mention this myself. The first time I saw this episode, I really was convinced that Tubbs joined the bad guys. Great acting.

That's why I don't check anything off in the poll! I just write my post.Hey Nofretz, "Shadow in the Dark" doesn't give you the creeps? :confused: or "MIssing Hours" ? :eek:;)

That's why I don't check anything off in the poll! I just write my post.Hey Nofretz' date=' "Shadow in the Dark" doesn't give you the creeps? :confused: or "MIssing Hours" ? :eek:;)[/quote']missing hours is just dumb. shadow in the dark is great!! i think it's the villain in "the cell within". he was well cast, i'll say. i think he was meant to be a little creepy.

I really cannot say where Rico performs best because in all episodes in your list he acts very good.However Walk Alone is one of his best performances of Rico :happy::happy:

Guest The Talk
The first time I saw this episode' date=' I really was convinced that Tubbs joined the bad guys. Great acting.[/quote']You hit that nail square on the head! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Unfortunately "Red Tape" ist not on the list.So I took my #2: "One Eyed Jack": Nothing discouraged him from remaining steadfastly at his buddy's side.

Guest neworder

Agreed that Tubbs was pretty good in Red Tape for the most part, but still OEJ for me. Something to throw in here... anyone wanna point out the worst acting done by Philip Michael Thomas in Vice?I cant really think of any specific eps where he really stood out as poor out of the top of my head, though his efforts in Better Living weren't upto his usual standard, and some of his acting in the Burnett trilogy was cheesy e.g 'sonny aint sonny anymore' lolSJB

i think everyone had their dull moments in vice at some point or another. it is hardest think of them for tubbs and castillo for me, though. they were just so cool!

Call me nuts, but my vote was for "The Afternoon Plane." Its not my favorite episode, nor the best episode, but I feel that it really showcases Rico's character nicely. The episode eliminates any distractions (i.e. Crockett, the Ferrari, the rest of the normal cast, etc) to really allow Tubbs to show what he is capable of by himself. It can be thought of as the ultimate test to see how strong a character really is, and I think Tubbs passed with flying colors.My $.02

Surprised no-one's mentioned Mirror Image. Tubbs was great in that ep. His determination to avenge Crockett's death then his bewilderment when Crockett tried to kill him. Excellent work by PMT in that ep.And Little Miss Dangerous, Walk-Alone and Red Tape were all equally great too

• 2 months later...

I'd say "Red Tape". PMT really knocks it out of the park. Did we ever see Rico THAT p*ssed off (aside from the beginning of "No Exit"?).

YES! I was surprised that "Red Tape" wasn't an option! He was fantastic in that. Really angry, full of emotion...When I saw that for the first time, I also thought he had turned. I found that more believable than Crockett/Burnett being a badguy at the end of Season 4, beginning season 5

I think The Lost Madonna was another great Tubbs performance. He did an excellent job as the intellectual art scholar, and he was funny too.

Guest neworder
I think The Lost Madonna was another great Tubbs performance. He did an excellent job as the intellectual art scholar' date=' and he was funny too.[/quote']Definately agree there, just shame about the hair/clothes although i think the style blended in nicely with the scenes of the episode.

Best Tubbs PerformanceRed tape was my favorite Tubbs performance. I also loved him in Little Miss Dangerous. Evan was good. His anger was real when Crockett tried to shut him out. And then, he listened to his friend tell a sad story at the gas station, advised him and then again, while waiting at the junk yard, encouraged him to face Evan before it was too late. PMT was calm, compassionate, and believable. (They don't teach that at the academy!)