Tubbs' Best Performance

Dadrian

i'm probably gonna get bashed for this, but the reasons i didn't put "red tape" is:1. i ran out of options (only 10 allowed)2. tubbs' outburst in the bank, although loud and violent, was not believable to me. it seemed beyond his character's capacity.that's just my opinion. don't get me wrong, i love tubbs in every ep, esp. this one. it's a REALLY good one, but i though he was better in the 10 i listed for the poll.

2. tubbs' outburst in the bank' date=' although loud and violent, was not believable to me. it seemed beyond his character's capacity.QUOTE']I thought that was probably the best acting scene in the episode. It is a scene that everyone remembers - it really stands out for me. I guess its a case of you either love it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice poll.I chose "rites of passage", though I'd pick "Red Tape" if it was in. I see many people like him in it, too. I guess he did a hell of a job in that 3rd season ep.

Nice poll.

thanks, ivory.looks like not including red tape here was a huge mistake, after all. it is a really great ep, and a great tubbs performance.

I would say Tubbs' best performance was in Walk Alone. He went undercover in a prison,not the best place in the world. He got beat up and was treated like crap.

• 1 year later...

My choice was Little Miss Dangerous, with Walk Alone a very close second. And yes, the scene when Castillo goes into prison to get Tubbs is awesome.But PMT was also great in One Eyed Jack and Red Tape.The Credit Union Meltdown is PRICELESS!

I voted for "One Eyed Jack" for this poll because of what Agent47 posted....that it showed Tubbs' versatility as an undercover man. Tubbs evolved through the seasons...like in "Lost Madonna" as Tommy Vercetti pointed out.I would also pick "Walk Alone" but I like Tubbs when he is dancing, singing, and putting on the Jamaican accent!A poll can't nail the best Ricardo Tubbs! :p

I think The Lost Madonna was another great Tubbs performance. He did an excellent job as the intellectual art scholar' date=' and he was funny too.[/quote'] "Excuse me, but I really detest physical violence, so I had to hit him." :D

I voted for "one-eyed jack". Rico was great in this episodes. I really like scene with night club (The Pointer Sisters- I'm So Excited rules). :)

I didn't vote, because my favorite TUBBS episode is not on the list.I liked Tubbs in THE GREAT McCARTHY.It was the only time that he was like the boss of Crockett. Although Crockett will still be remembered for the episode for winning the boat race, and winning the pool game, Tubbs was strong in this episode all the way through it, and was very much the equal to Crockett.

I never really thought of this as a Tubbs ep. till now......I love this one...The pool game i can watch over and over again..Even though Crockett shoots at the 3 ball and makes it like 3 times...If it was the best of 3 that's o.k.,but I was under the impression that it was one game,winner take all...!

Well, THE GREAT McCARTHY may not be a TUBBS episode, but neither is PRODIGAL SON which is on the list.I just found the episode, as a whole, had a very strong Tubbs performance.It was a pleasure to see Tubbs in charge for once.

I don't disagree ,"The Great Macarthy"was a Tubbs ep.and "The Prodigal Son" was a 50/50 even performance by both actors...I was just looking for.."the great macarthy" forgot i lent season 1 to a friend...now i'm thinking Crockett may have shot at the 1 ball 3 times....lol

• 3 weeks later...