Am I the only one here..?

Detective_Crockett

I am 16 years old, I am a really huge Miami Vice fan I watch it everyday and I listen to the Jan Hammer music on the bus to school everyday, I dress like Don Johnson, and have his Season 3 hairstyle, I dress exactly like Sonny Crockett, and everyone thinks I'm really vintage and fresh and they don't even know what Miami Vice is, I have never got taken the pee out of for wearing White Blazers and White Trousers, I completely love the 1980's Miami Vice is probably my most favorite cop show ever, It's strange to think there are no Young Vice Fans out there, The thing that got me into Miami Vice was The Iconic video game Grand Theft Auto Vice City, I just love the show so much ever since I was 12 year's old. Am I seriously the only one here who is a young Vice fan? I also sport the Ray-Ban wayfarers and Porsche Sunglasses I have nearly every pair of sunglasses Crockett has

I am 16 years old' date=' I am a really huge Miami Vice fan I watch it everyday and I listen to the Jan Hammer music on the bus to school everyday, I dress like Don Johnson, and have his Season 3 hairstyle, I dress exactly like Sonny Crockett, and everyone thinks I'm really vintage and fresh and they don't even know what Miami Vice is, I have never got taken the pee out of for wearing White Blazers and White Trousers, I completely love the 1980's Miami Vice is probably my most favourite cop show ever, It's strange to think there are no Young Vice Fans out there, The thing that got me into Miami Vice was The Iconic video game Grand Theft Auto Vice City, I just love the show so much ever since I was 12 year's old. Am I seriously the only one here who is a young Vice fan? I also sport the Ray-Ban wayferers and Porsche Sunglasses I have nearly every pair of sunglasses Crockett has[/quote']Great - I take it the hairstyle is early Season 3 a bit shorter and spikier ?:thumbsup::thumbsup:D

Good for you and keep it up.Don't let your friends push you in any other directions.Be bold an be proud!It's nice to hear the younger generation catching on to this fad and understanding it's direct impact to fashion culture and music. You, my friend, are well ahead of the curve then the rest of your age group.Welcome to the site and hope you participate in many of the interesting forums and chats. There is so much to see here and lots of great folks to hang around with who also understand the impact of VICE.I have been a fan since the show started and still am, so that must speak to the longevety of this phenomena we call VICE!

Amen, Stinger. Detective C, your post made me have a great grade school flashback. I remember a black kid & a white kid on my school bus, '80s - mind you, neighbors from the newly built block of homes around the corner. Big bubble skylights and faddish designs come to mind, all modern architecture. Anyway, this was third grade. In the '80s, one of the cultural trends that emerged was of black/white buddy cops in t.v. and film. Numerous. So these kiddos, the pair really acted like they were DJ and PMT. Not pretend - just had an air like they were too cool that they couldn't be bothered. One guy would sometimes wear lavender and bolo ties and the other guy wore chinos daily. They were also new - and if some things never change, one is that life isn't easy for the new kid. However their C&T front allowed them to circumvent being snubbed or scoffed at, traditional rites afforded the rank & file plebes. For added measure, they ended up enlisting the aid of a sidekick, all of three and a half feet tall, a Pacific Islander kid. I think his name was Bear, kind of an Izzy or Noogy figure around for pass interference if there were a perceptible threat to their coolness/aloofness. Crockett is timeless and will probably get you lots of dates. Despite all the attention you will get, I would urge you to still interact with all groups, from jock to band to etc. - do not forget the common man. The rock stars that take time to do this end up the most successful. Do you happen to remember that Hawaiian shirts for a time were UNCOOL, but now people wear them again? That was me! I brought them back. So stand tall, pal. Another thing that might be good to bring back is the Trapper Keeper. (Curious if you have heard of them.) I'll put it to you folks, how about them Trappers!

I am 16 years old' date=' I am a really huge Miami Vice fan I watch it everyday and I listen to the Jan Hammer music on the bus to school everyday, I dress like Don Johnson, and have his Season 3 hairstyle, I dress exactly like Sonny Crockett, and everyone thinks I'm really vintage and fresh and they don't even know what Miami Vice is, I have never got taken the pee out of for wearing White Blazers and White Trousers, I completely love the 1980's Miami Vice is probably my most favourite cop show ever, It's strange to think there are no Young Vice Fans out there, The thing that got me into Miami Vice was The Iconic video game Grand Theft Auto Vice City, I just love the show so much ever since I was 12 year's old. Am I seriously the only one here who is a young Vice fan? I also sport the Ray-Ban wayferers and Porsche Sunglasses I have nearly every pair of sunglasses Crockett has[/quote']WELCOME!The truth of the matter here is that no, you are not alone in being a young fan. Most young people today are just interested in rap music, what Paris Hilton is wearing, and which unwed Movie Star has a baby bump. Young people today are "sheeple". Sheep that just follow what everyone else is doing. They are mere cooke cutter cutouts of each other. Everyone lloks the same, has the tattoo, backwards, or sideways hat with the sticker still on it, t-shirts 5 times too big, who only wear pants that are falling off showing thier underwear, and who's only skill is to sing along to rap music lyrics and know how to use a cellphone, and text.The truth of the matter is that you are an original. You don't want to be like, or act like everyone else. You are an individual, not a mere shadow of everyone else. You obviously have class, good taste in real music, and have a sense of style. We do have teens that are members here, and love the show. The show is ahead of it's time, and, still actually is. Shows still try to copy it, only not as good.You have recognized greatness. You will be somebody in this world. Your different, and special, and you, I and everyone on this site knows it.Don't give into what the syle of clothes or music is today. It's crap. REAL CRAP. Keep mixing, and matching pastels (most young people can't). Wear sport coats. Wear shades. We will back you.WELCOME HOME Detective_Crockett....WELCOME HOME. :thumbsup::thumbsup:-COOPEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I am 16 years old' date=' I am a really huge Miami Vice fan I watch it everyday and I listen to the Jan Hammer music on the bus to school everyday, I dress like Don Johnson, and have his Season 3 hairstyle, I dress exactly like Sonny Crockett....[/quote']This is one of the cooolest things I've read on here, Detective Crockett.I was 16 when Vice was first aired, and I can well remember staying in on many a Friday so I could watch the show. I was a tv and film enthusiast from a very early age and was blown away with the look and sound of the show. I was hooked from the first time I watched it. It was a great influence in influencing me to pursue television as a line of work. I lived and breathed the look of the show. I didn't know that there were actual jobs that made it all happen: Costumers, production designers, etc.Unlike you, I didn't have the hueveos (look it up...it's Spanish slang) to dress like Crockett at my high school, but I certainly had my own, distinctive look, influenced by the English band The Style Council...which wasn't too far from the Vice look, on occasion.Keep on doing what you're doing and you will see that your ability to build your own identity (even though you're channeling Crockett) will take you places you otherwise wouldn't have experienced!

Hey D_C,I am a huge Vice fan (although I've toned down quite a bit, because where I live, it's consider faggy), and I have been since 2010. I am 17 now. You're not the only one, pal :) We're all around. I think that there's about 8 or so teens I've heard of on here.Glad to see you on here and keep Vicing it up,Code

:shout:A BIG WELCOME, DETECTIVE_CROCKETT! :shout:It's always great to welcome younger members to the forum. :DI enjoyed reading your post and admire your confidence to be your own individual. :thumbsup:
I would urge you to still interact with all groups' date=' from jock to band to etc. - do not forget the common man.[/quote']Some very good advice from cageyJG, that I echo too. :thumbsup:It is literally a MUSEUM here of all things vice and more, so enjoy yourself pal!
Amen' date=' Stinger. Detective C, your post made me have a great grade school flashback. I remember a black kid & a white kid on my school bus, '80s - mind you, neighbors from the newly built block of homes around the corner. Big bubble skylights and faddish designs come to mind, all modern architecture. Anyway, this was third grade. In the '80s, one of the cultural trends that emerged was of black/white buddy cops in t.v. and film. Numerous. So these kiddos, the pair really acted like they were DJ and PMT. Not pretend - just had an air like they were too cool that they couldn't be bothered. One guy would sometimes wear lavender and bolo ties and the other guy wore chinos daily. They were also new - and if some things never change, one is that life isn't easy for the new kid. However their C&T front allowed them to circumvent being snubbed or scoffed at, traditional rites afforded the rank & file plebes. For added measure, they ended up enlisting the aid of a sidekick, all of three and a half feet tall, a Pacific Islander kid. I think his name was Bear, kind of an Izzy or Noogy figure around for pass interference if there were a perceptible threat to their coolness/aloofness. Crockett is timeless and will probably get you lots of dates. Despite all the attention you will get, I would urge you to still interact with all groups, from jock to band to etc. - do not forget the common man. The rock stars that take time to do this end up the most successful. Do you happen to remember that Hawaiian shirts for a time were UNCOOL, but now people wear them again? That was me! I brought them back. So stand tall, pal. Another thing that might be good to bring back is the Trapper Keeper. (Curious if you have heard of them.) I'll put it to you folks, how about them Trappers![/quote']Love this story, matey. :happy: I had never heard of a 'Trapper Keeper' until recently. :p

Hehe, thanks J-cat. Coop, your post was so awe-inspiring that __ it, I might start wearing C&T to work!!!! Like a pasteled General Patton, you are!All else - Go team!

Hey D_C' date='I am a huge Vice fan (although I've toned down quite a bit, because where I live, it's consider faggy), and I have been since 2010.Code[/quote']Who considers it "Faggy"?Your peers? The ones who wear their pants down to their knees showing off their underwear? Are they the ones who have the t shirts that look like a girls "nightdress"?Carry on my friend and dress the way you feel comfortable. You willbe a trend setter and real people,not the goofs that call you names, will admire your good taste.

Welcome Det. Crockett,I'm happy to see there are still young people who think nfor themselves and appreciate good style & class, no matter what their peers say.I was 16 in 1959 and had my hair like Perry Como until about 8 yrs. ago when I realized how much better & younger I looked with Sonny's Season 3 hairstyle! I wear white slacks & pastel shirts on formal occasions & also Hawaiian shirts & jeans for casual dress.The Miami Vice style is classy & makes a man look cool. Keep up being an individual with a mind of his own. :cool::thumbsup:

I like that white jacket, DC. I like your hair in the photo with your friend. The wet look is more like Crockett. :thumbsup:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/543263_3812713489901_1453397313_n.jpgOnce again guy's thank you for the Kind words :D hoping for more reply's soon Detective_Crockett

Hey Mate, you blokes look awesome!! TRUST ME, you and your friend sure look class! Go ahead, and expand on your Crockettness. You'll be treated with more respect in College. More than likely, you will not get any negative comments at all. I have worn pastel pink, lavender etc. since 1984. Trust me, women love a guy who knows how to dress with colors. I'm proud of you for doing this. HOLD YOUR HIGH PAL! Your a man amoung boys. :thumbsup:

[quote=Detective_Crockett;255223">

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558431_3274448793620_1215791010_n.jpgThis one was more of Crockett's Season 5 leather style still with the Season 3 hairstyle ' date=' by the way guy's that's my best friend on the left :) we are kind of like C&T[/quote'] Detective_Crockett, you are a handsome young man and look TERRIFIC in this get up !!! :clap::clap::clap: I agree with Tony D., your hair looks good with the wet look - actually, I think it suits you best. ;)Look forward to more from you, matey! :D

If I had it to do all over again... maybe I'd... Like Robert Downey in Back to School. (<-link)

Oh yeah, Robert Downey Junior was smokin' hot, back in the eighties.......still is! :happy::happy::happy:He also had a cool look in the movie 'Less Than Zero'. :rauchen:

You Are Not Alone!I am also a young fan who loves Miami Vice. I'm 16 and entering my junior year. No one knows what VICE is at my school. We got to stick together!

• Like 1

Detective Crockett: You're pics are legit. I'm trying to figure out what store you're in...not The Gap. Too small to be H&M or C&A. No matter where it is, glad you found somewhere to get that great white jacket.I have that coat and wear it fairly often (now that I've got the stones to wear it out and about).I need to add some more coats to my collection.

It's good to know about very young people who are into Vice!Young generations stick to what they know, to what makes them feel part of a group, so they're not interested in different things.They consider Miami Vice an old Tv show, without realising that a lot of what they consider cool nowadays (i.e. music videos among many) has roots in Miami Vice and they don't even want to give it a try.Where I work there's a 20 year old IT guy who helped me uploading MV scenes videos on my smartphone; when he watched the pilot's "In the air tonight" he was amazed and told me that it was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen on television.He's now interested in Vice, he won't probably become a #1 fan but he appreciates the show's cool aspects. Det. Crockett, you already know that you can't go wrong with that style, it gives you a polished, yet relaxed look.I think it will be a good choice to dress like this in your everyday life, so keep up the good work you're doing! :thumbsup:

Hey, Detective_Crockett and WELCOME! :cool:Coop and others pretty much wrote my thoughs already.You're one COOL guy in my opinion.I'm one of the more younger members here, I'm 19 years old and I love VICE!'Dare to be different' and 'Be yourself' are the quotes that I live everyday and I see that you do too. It sucks that I live with this generation of people, really, but it makes my day to know that there are people like you out there.Keep it up and hold your head up high, we fellow VICERS got your back. :thumbsup:Again, welcome, pal! :cool::cool:

• 2 years later...

Well..what a throwback, hard to believe that I posted that almost 3 years ago, god hasn't life changed? but still got the Vice love!  :cool: