Have the lost endings of the finale ever been seen?

hahaguy43

I know they shot 3 different ending to the finale and just wondering if anyone ha seen them.

I heard they filmed different endings, but have never seen them.

Have seen all three endings and they chose the best!One ended with different scene at the Ferrari and I forgot the other one but they were bad!The closing sequence on the finale was the best choice for sure. "So...have you considered a job in southern law enforcement?" Same line as in the opening episode.:thumbsup:I hate when executives think they know better than the directors vision...Bladerunner is the best example I can think of at the moment. The original was stupid with the overdubs and flying off into the sunset happy-go-lucky, but the Directors cut has a completely different ending with a cliffhanger and the stupid overdubbing throughout the movie was taken out!I think Directors have a good vision of what they want to portray, but there are always the bean counters that have to step in and make changes for sales purposes or whatever?........So...to answer your question.....The way you see it is the best ending. The others aren't worth mentioning.:rain:

Have seen all three endings and they chose the best!One ended with different scene at the Ferrari and I forgot the other one but they were bad!The closing sequence on the finale was the best choice for sure. "So...have you considered a job in southern law enforcement?" Same line as in the opening episode.:thumbsup:I hate when executives think they know better than the directors vision...Bladerunner is the best example I can think of at the moment. The original was stupid with the overdubs and flying off into the sunset happy-go-lucky' date=' but the Directors cut has a completely different ending with a cliffhanger and the stupid overdubbing throughout the movie was taken out!I think Directors have a good vision of what they want to portray, but there are always the bean counters that have to step in and make changes for sales purposes or whatever?........So...to answer your question.....The way you see it is the best ending. The others aren't worth mentioning.:rain:[/quote']Where have you seen them???

Think it was some documentary I saw some time ago about the show.You might be able to see it on youtube?????

Which documentary? One of these options were that version where Sonny would die? Or something related to a kidnapping jet plane (werent you who put a newspaper article about this Coop?)? Or am I getting old and mixing the articles? For an option about a jetplane kidnapping, such plot looks like a whole hidden episode...Maybe just a script not started, huh?BTW, i would like to see the Larry Wilcox test for SC´s role. It was shown on E! Hollywood Story - Chip´s.

One was about a hijacked plane and crockett and tubbs to get the hostages out and they both were killed. Another one was were tubbs got killed I think. I can't remember the other one.

Oh, I see there is a myth developing.... To set things right:The plane abduction scenario was in a news paper article, but this was just the idea for a storyline that was never realized.Of the three versions that were actually produced (both live, Tubbs dies, C+T die) only the aired version was shown to the public. The others have never seen by anyone other than some Universal people or the producers. P.S. it is easy to prove that the alternate endings have never been published - good luck for finding it on youtube or in the special feature section of the DVD sets .... ;-)

In one ending it was Crockett that shot JR and in the other he wakes up and seasons 4 and 5 were all just a dream.

A good question to the actors at the Miami Vice convention: tell us about the other two endings?By the way: for sure the chosen option was the best one because, let´s suppose....C and T dying and being the 5th season last one, they needed an open end in case of a reboot to make money. And this is what make us scream since the 80´s: DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! LET`S MAKE LOTS OF MONEY!

I'm kind of glad that Miami Vice ended in 1989. I just couldn't see the show going on through the 90's. I noticed parts of season 4 and all of the 5th season had too much of a modern feel to it which I hated. What would of been great is I the show started in 1981 so it could have a longer run in the 80's.

I'm kind of glad that Miami Vice ended in 1989. I just couldn't see the show going on through the 90's. I noticed parts of season 4 and all of the 5th season had too much of a modern feel to it which I hated. What would of been great is I the show started in 1981 so it could have a longer run in the 80's.

If that'd happened, the show would've had more of a 1970s feel to it. The 80s as Miami Vice defined it (pastels, MTV visuals) really didn't kick in until '82/'83 for the show to start off with ... and before Scarface, the deco/pastel/Cuban drug dealer motif wasn't explored much in movies and TV. Imagine Tubbs with a larger hairdo and lots of earth tones.I personally would have liked to see MV continue at last one more year into '89-'90. Stylistically, I don't think it would have departed much from Season 5.

If that'd happened' date=' the show would've had more of a 1970s feel to it. The 80s as Miami Vice defined it (pastels, MTV visuals) really didn't kick in until '82/'83 for the show to start off with ... and before Scarface, the deco/pastel/Cuban drug dealer motif wasn't explored much in movies and TV. Imagine Tubbs with a larger hairdo and lots of earth tones.I personally would have liked to see MV continue at last one more year into '89-'90. Stylistically, I don't think it would have departed much from Season 5.[/quote']My point was just I wished the pastel style lasted for most of the 80's(instead of only a few years). Could you imagine though if Michael Mann would of stayed on for the last few seasons.

I doubt those alternate endings were filmed - they were always going to go with the final ending as they had hoped for a spin off show based on the "Leap of Faith" episode from late Season 5 with those actors and C & T guesting once in a while .:D

• 2 weeks later...

My point was just I wished the pastel style lasted for most of the 80's(instead of only a few years). Could you imagine though if Michael Mann would of stayed on for the last few seasons.

Vice had such a stronghold on the fashion world back then, that they could have kept the pastel look for the entire series run and it would have remained popular. Imagine if the looks in Seasons 3-5 were replaced by the familiar Season 1 and 2 fashions? The episodes would have taken on a definite and different turn.The only reason the pastels fell out of fashion was because Michael Mann said so with the deliberate change to a darker wardrobe.

Vice had such a stronghold on the fashion world back then' date=' that they could have kept the pastel look for the entire series run and it would have remained popular. Imagine if the looks in Seasons 3-5 were replaced by the familiar Season 1 and 2 fashions? The episodes would have taken on a definite and different turn.The only reason the pastels fell out of fashion was because Michael Mann said so with the deliberate change to a darker wardrobe.[/quote']Darker wardrobes lead to darker storylines.

Here's some of my vintage articles on the subject from the Scrapbook Section. It states three or four versions were filmed. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Those are the articles I've seen. Could you imagine we could actually watch the alternate endings. That would be awesome!

Those are the articles I've seen. Could you imagine we could actually watch the alternate endings. That would be awesome!

I'd love to see them, AND bloopers! Why, oh why, did they not put stuff like that on the DVDs as extras. If I was in charge, I'd do things differently for the fans.

I'd love to see them' date=' AND bloopers! Why, oh why, did they not put stuff like that on the DVDs as extras. If I was in charge, I'd do things differently for the fans.[/quote']YES!!! Couldn't agree more.

I'd love to see them' date=' AND bloopers! Why, oh why, did they not put stuff like that on the DVDs as extras. If I was in charge, I'd do things differently for the fans.[/quote']I would make sure that Don, Philip, Eddie Olmos, Michael Mann and others recorded commentary tracks for select episodes.