Have the lost endings of the finale ever been seen?

hahaguy43

That would be a great idea! I would love to hear their opinions on the episodes.

what I'd like to know is that a typo? calderone? which one? the son from the afternoon plane? the original calderone?and yeah what the hell went on with the endings? did they primarily change them because of the leaks?actually I wonder why no ones asked the guy who plays chakotay and played rauol in eating raoul about this, cant remember the guys name though but hes usually quite open about how bad the writing was with voyager and what rick berman was likeand he was in the final episode atleast at the begining I remember, even if it was a bit part he might remember some details

what I'd like to know is that a typo? calderone? which one? the son from the afternoon plane? the original calderone?and yeah what the hell went on with the endings? did they primarily change them because of the leaks?actually I wonder why no ones asked the guy who plays chakotay and played rauol in eating raoul about this' date=' cant remember the guys name though but hes usually quite open about how bad the writing was with voyager and what rick berman was likeand he was in the final episode atleast at the begining I remember, even if it was a bit part he might remember some details[/quote']The reason why they didn't go with any of these ideas cause they thought the finale that was aired was the best way to end vice. Also they wanted to leave the plot open for the spinoff(from leap of faith).And in case they wanted to regenerate the series.

The reason why they didn't go with any of these ideas cause they thought the finale that was aired was the best way to end vice. Also they wanted to leave the plot open for the spinoff(from leap of faith).And in case they wanted to regenerate the series.

true but I mean they still could have used elements from it, why scrap things entirely? just to keep it fresh?and like I said another calderone? what did his son survive the afternoon plane? did the original fake his death?I mean dont get me wrong I'm glad they ended it the way they did outside of not really having alot of closure to the others stories vs how ashes to ashes ended where basically it was an everyones dead dave like the begining to red dwarf kinda deal that killed the show for me, along with the bloody quattro I might add but still though it'd be interesting to hear about what went into the production and why they thought of these ideas to begin with I mean terrorism? back then? when the cold war was right at the end of its run? I mean obama bin ladin, sorry osama bin laden didnt turn on us until the end of the afganistain russian war back around that time (unless that was in 92' not 89"?) I believe so what led to them adopting THAT idea?the 1979 israeli jacking that led to them having air marshals secretly put on there planes back then in israeli?and also with the current ending even with the closure deal it was about the vice cops on a job after all, people quit all the time for personal reasons with that kind of work so it was actually more realsitic to end it that way as that way the others stories kept going in that universe outside of C AND T's time on the job outside of not having Gina show up at the boat at the end given how close they were.

true but I mean they still could have used elements from it' date=' why scrap things entirely? just to keep it fresh?and like I said another calderone? what did his son survive the afternoon plane? did the original fake his death?I mean dont get me wrong I'm glad they ended it the way they did outside of not really having alot of closure to the others stories vs how ashes to ashes ended where basically it was an everyones dead dave like the begining to red dwarf kinda deal that killed the show for me, along with the bloody quattro I might add but still though it'd be interesting to hear about what went into the production and why they thought of these ideas to begin with I mean terrorism? back then? when the cold war was right at the end of its run? I mean obama bin ladin, sorry osama bin laden didnt turn on us until the end of the afganistain russian war back around that time (unless that was in 92' not 89"?) I believe so what led to them adopting THAT idea?the 1979 israeli jacking that led to them having air marshals secretly put on there planes back then in israeli?and also with the current ending even with the closure deal it was about the vice cops on a job after all, people quit all the time for personal reasons with that kind of work so it was actually more realsitic to end it that way as that way the others stories kept going in that universe outside of C AND T's time on the job outside of not having Gina show up at the boat at the end given how close they were.[/quote']I'm not sure about the whole caldrone plot. But I agree that the ending should have been a little more personal.

In my opinion the final ending was the only one they were going to use. If the alternatives were ever filmed, I think, with youtube and the internet, they would have been leaked by now. But it would be an excellent question to ask the cast members at the "Paris Convention". Surely they can answer that now, unless it is a Government secret:D:):birdie:

In my opinion the final ending was the only one they were going to use. If the alternatives were ever filmed' date=' I think, with youtube and the internet, they would have been leaked by now. But it would be an excellent question to ask the cast members at the "Paris Convention". Surely they can answer that now, unless it is a Government secret:D:):birdie:[/quote'][ATTACH=CONFIG]6497[/ATTACH]Well I know for a fact that the guy on the right in this pic was not in the finale. I've heard they shot the three endings and then they showed them to a select audience to see which one they thought was better.

post-11162-1389296474688_thumb.jpg

I'm not saying they did or did not film 3 endings. As I said it was "In my opinion the final ending was the only one they were going to use". And if the others were filmed it just seems strange they are not available for viewing now. But then strange things do happen' date=' film can get lost. In the end I think the ending was the best. But it would be could to ask, the cast, this question at this years Paris Convention.

But it would be could to ask, the cast, this question at this years Paris Convention.

I didn't mean to start an argument . I agree with you 100%. All of this is only hear say. But I agree it would be cool if someone asked the cast this question .

I didn't mean to start an argument . I agree with you 100%. All of this is only hear say. But I agree it would be cool if someone asked the cast this question .
I'm not arguing with you' date=' mate. And yes maybe someone at the convention can ask them the question on the 3 endings. If anyone from this site is going it would be good.:thumbsup:[/size']

You know what I'd love to see? A few years back the series finale of M*A*S*H was released as a standalone DVD, with some bonus features. IF there are alternate endings for the MV finale, they would make excellent extras on a standalone release of the ep, with maybe the pilot thrown on as well - maybe a good way to introduce MV to Blu-Ray? Since there is (or was) some interest in an MV 'overview' (The Best Of The 80's 2-disc set from last year), and I'd think there'd be less work as far as music clearance etc. goes, maybe it's possible.I guess what I'm saying is that someway, somehow, I'd really LOVE to see those alternate endings, if they exist.

You know what I'd love to see? A few years back the series finale of M*A*S*H was released as a standalone DVD' date=' with some bonus features. IF there are alternate endings for the MV finale, they would make excellent extras on a standalone release of the ep, with maybe the pilot thrown on as well - maybe a good way to introduce MV to Blu-Ray? Since there is (or was) some interest in an MV 'overview' (The Best Of The 80's 2-disc set from last year), and I'd think there'd be less work as far as music clearance etc. goes, maybe it's possible.I guess what I'm saying is that someway, somehow, I'd really LOVE to see those alternate endings, if they exist.[/quote']Vice on Blu-Ray has to happen! They've got to have the original masters at Universal they can release in hi-def.Speaking of which, Lar, why don't they throw in Magnum, P.I. on Blu-Ray for good measure? That's a show that would look great on a 1080p transfer.

So would be 4 endings?Calderone? Not Papa Calderone...maybe the son from the afternoon plane..Leap of Faith as a spin-off? You must be kidding.... Why not Miracle Man as a spin-off? lol

So would be 4 endings?Calderone? Not Papa Calderone...maybe the son from the afternoon plane..Leap of Faith as a spin-off? You must be kidding.... Why not Miracle Man as a spin-off? lol

Not really sure about the calderone plot. But Leap of faith was supposed to be a pilot of basically a copy of 21 jump street but the ratings were horrible for it so it was scrapped.

Vice on Blu-Ray has to happen! They've got to have the original masters at Universal they can release in hi-def.Speaking of which' date=' Lar, why don't they throw in Magnum, P.I. on Blu-Ray for good measure? That's a show that would look great on a 1080p transfer.[/quote']Absolutely! Both shows look so good on DVD now, they could look positively gorgeous in 1080p. My thinking is that a nice MV overview Blu-Ray featuring both the pilot and finale would not only be an ideal place to premiere these alternate endings (as well as some other cool extras), but would also test the waters for possible future releases.