What songs do you think should of been played in miami vice?

hahaguy43

If you had to choose a song what song do you think would of worked well in miami viceI personally think Blonide - atomic would of been a good song to use for season 1.

mama-genesisthat would have sounded so badass as C&Ts drove around in the testerossa. I think magnum PI used it first though.:radio:

Hound Dog Taylor - Sitting Home Alone (any version of the song but my personal favorite of it is the one used in this video)

Mozart - Lacrimosa from RequiemMasafumi Takada - Dissociative Identity (from Killer 7, 3 minute version)Pink Floyd - SorrowThe Cult - She Sells SanctuaryJun Fukuda - Back To The Light (from killer 7) Lazerhawk - Lazerhawk's Theme Confrontation by Craig Safan from Michale Manns Theif or any track from that film.The Reds - Beat AwayThe Fixx - Less Cities, More Moving People Kavinsky - 1986Lazerhawk - Overdrive Tangerine Dream - Dr. DestructoTangerine Dream - Diamond DiaryKouros - Nightchaseif a few of these seem familiar its on purpose, I found a couple of vice fan videos rigged up to a few of these songs on the youtube thread I posted awhile back.

I agree. Gloria Estefan / Miami Sound Machine should have been on MV. I did see an interview where Gloria said they were invited to be on the show and sing at a "drug lords" party but they declined. Probably didn't want to mix their image at the time with drugs. Once they declined that role, MV probably figured they wouldn't be interested in getting their music on the show. Too bad.

• Administrators

The Reds - Beat Away

"Beat Away" was used in "Rites of Passage"I always thought anything by "Duran Duran" should've been used.

I really surprised they didn't use any blondie songs (yes I know blondie was mainly in late 70's and early 80's). But like that knight&crockett said 'broken wings" would have been a excellent choice to put in the show.

I agree with Kavinsky, Pink Floyd 'Sorrow' is Season 5 MV.Mr Mister Broken Wings is absolutely Vice worthy. Anyone that played Grand Theft Auto Vice City knows that even the producers of that game knew that song belonged to that style of show. I'd actually recommend a few songs from Vice City for Miami Vice. Then again the makers of the game modeled the look based on Miami Vice and they got the chance to put a bunch of the songs in that maybe were overlooked, or was no time for on Miami Vice. Superb Vice soundtrack on that game.

"Beat Away" was used in "Rites of Passage"I always thought anything by "Duran Duran" should've been used.
oh it has? whoops' date=' sorry I had forgotten about that as I'm currently going through my second run of the series from start to finish (just finished up lend me an ear about two days ago) and I kind of stick with the first and second seasons along with some of the third season ones just out of habit when i'm in the mood for vice.its just what I naturally gravatate towards, especially the first season where we see much more backstory about everyone it seems like. like with Evan as it perfectly explains why Crockett is the kind of person who wears his emotion on his sleaves, as you only get one shot to do the right thing and then its gone if you hessitate.with vice city I didnt quite care for mister mister, it worked in intro but I kind of prefered the one used with the second cutscene after he lost the drugs and told sonny about it

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv3477uJIII

towards the end of the video you can here it start up at the end, subtitle but it worksTalk Talk - Life is what you make it is what it is and I always kind of thought the lyrics had abit more staying power with that one than Mister Mister

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxYEk4qmKoE

not unlike the Old Devo song its a Beautiful World which sounds upbeat and cheery till you listen to the lyrics, mind you its a little bit like Pink Floyd there, its a one use or once in awhile kind of deal as too much of it and you'll then get sick of it.which I've had happen when listing to the albumn Echos through and through when it came out years ago, IE one after the other, same thing with AC/DC too as well where they seem to use the same chords in alot of there songs and thus you get the same effect in away and that happens with others too for probably the same reason.

• 4 weeks later...

silent running - mike and the mechanics. I can just imagine that used in the car chase in down for a count 2, instead of the billy idol song.private eyes - hall and oates. they could've used that during a stakeout.

Kavinsky, I totally agree about Talk Talk, Life's what you make it. That was the top song in the game for me. I'd never heard it before 2003 and it fit well with the gameplay. I think Hall and Oates should have gotten some representation in the show, Method of Modern Love would be an okay pick for a scene. Maneater, with the bass line at the beginning, I could totally see right when the show starts, when they do the scenes of the city mixed to music etc. Would maybe suit an episode like Little Miss Dangerous or Junk Love, something with a female guest lead. These songs though, they'd have to pick the right portion of the song to play, fade it out into a scripted scene or the intro. I don't think they would make good Music video scenes like, for example, how heartbeat by red7 works well for a music video scene.

• 9 months later...

Hmm here's one that could have worked, Blancmange - Game Above My Head

its a little early 80's ish in its song structure but still a good song.

Howard Jones - What Is Love

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmtzejfpZ8

Nik Kershaw - Dancing Girls

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5keOmgC1RE

Good choices :thumbsup::D

Love is a battlefield - Pat Benatar

My new favourite song. No way i'm going to admit that to the dudes though, if they ask its ACDC or Zeppelin:)
I know its manhunter but all of mann's stuff work together. Would have blended in nicely in S3

Hound Dog Taylor - Sitting Home Alone (any version of the song but my personal favorite of it is the one used in this video)Masafumi Takada - Dissociative Identity (from Killer 7' date=' 3 minute version)Jun Fukuda - Back To The Light (from killer 7)The Reds - Beat AwayThe Fixx - Less Cities, More Moving People Kavinsky - 1986[/quote']I had to pop in to rave about this post. That Hound Dog Taylor song was terrific, hadn't heard it. Also, props on Killer 7! It really needs a sequel, I think it was tragically underappreciated. Do you know which track # Back to The Light is or can you send me a copy? I have the soundtrack but couldn't find. I like all the synth overtures like Host Personality and Split Personality, you really picked out a niche album there. The Reds went on my top '80s compilation album. And The Fixx is my favorite band. "Birds of a feather," man. Finally, Kavinsky, I didn't know what that was until I looked it up, now I do!