A new Miami Vice?

Guest neworder

I think they should leave Miami Vice alone. Jerry Bruckheimer would destroy Vice, CSI sucks and is unrealistic (forensic examiners don't carry guns, wear tight black clothes in the Florida sun and shoot suspects). Con Air is a acting disaster, Pirates of the Caribean is an overly long film with boring aristocrats and lots of screaming. If Mann doesn't do it, it WILL suck. Oh and Thief is a great film, I also suggest Heat and Manhunter.

Edited by agent 47
Made it readable.

I think The Insider is Michael Mann's best movie. Superb work by Pacino, Russell Crowe, Christopher Plummer and it's an outstanding movie. I think it's the best film Mann will ever make. None of the films he's made since can compare to it.Manhunter is Silence of the Lambs meets Miami Vice. There's a ton of Vice actors in it and the soundtrack, production design, locations are all very Vice.Obviously not right for such a dark and gothic source material. It does have some very good points though. Brian Cox was the definitive Hannibal 'Lecktor' and William Petersen was also great as Will Graham.