Worst Episode Ever?

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

I just finished watching Hell Hath No Fury and I'm going to add that as one of the top 3 worst episodes ever made. Man, the episode sucks. Its a very badly written, directed, produced and acted episode. The guest stars, besides the hit man Hatch are poor actors. The episode is a real piece of crap.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Wieisdiegast said:

I seriously disliked "Everybody's in showbiz," it was a torture to finish this episode

Oh I agree, there is something about the locations I don't like, they give off a depressing vibe and Mikey is unbearable.

Its a shame because they brought back recurring characters from Nobody lives Forever, Smugglers Blues, No Exit and Home Invaders.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

Even though people like it-Made For Each Other. I keep wanting C&T back the whole time, even bad C&T. It just serves no purpose to me. I already know those two are best friends. I don't need a whole idiotic episode on it. And Izzy and Noogie are not, so the parallel doesn't fit. If you stayed home Friday night in '85 for that one I feel sorry for you. The unholy trilogy of Cows of October, Big Thaw, and Missing Hours easily follow suit. Leap of Faith of course, but many here argue that isn't even Vice.

11 hours ago, Bren10 said:

Even though people like it-Made For Each Other. I keep wanting C&T back the whole time, even bad C&T. It just serves no purpose to me.

Some good Jan Hammer music though! :thumbsup:

edit: I meant that’s what makes the episode enjoyable for me @Bren 10

Edited by Dadrian
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

I can't stand The Great McCarthy. Flat bad guy, chase scene that goes WAY too long, just can't do it.

I understand why you felt this way, but there are some classic scenes in this episode. The pool game competition for one; the boat race-which I know, some folks hate; Castillo's confrontation with Louis McCarthy after the race; Crockett and Gina on the St. Vitus.

Guess I liked parts of this episode. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I understand why you felt this way, but there are some classic scenes in this episode. The pool game competition for one; the boat race-which I know, some folks hate; Castillo's confrontation with Louis McCarthy after the race; Crockett and Gina on the St. Vitus.

Guess I liked parts of this episode. 

You can pull classic scenes from just about any episode, though. Including the ones most people dislike. But for me this one just exemplifies the "style over substance" side of Vice. It's one of the few episodes I just can't finish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

You can pull classic scenes from just about any episode, though. Including the ones most people dislike. But for me this one just exemplifies the "style over substance" side of Vice. It's one of the few episodes I just can't finish.

You’re right you can pull classic scenes from every MV episode - even when C&T talk to Lou de Long at the theatre in “Missing Hours” starring James Brown.

Edited by Matt5

11 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

I can't stand The Great McCarthy. Flat bad guy, chase scene that goes WAY too long, just can't do it.

I think William Gray Espy was going for the realistic approach to the character instead of over playing it, sort of a laid back and sophisticated villain, quite like Sosa in Scarface. There is  no doubt his acting is sound, he just doesn't come across as the usual flamboyant, colourful boss we see sometimes, and I think the reason for that is he doesn't need to be, he wasn't there to impress or use anybody for his own personal gain. He had his own smuggling network and that was it, the reason he refuses Sonny entry in the race to begin with.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I get that you like the episode. I find it flat and dull. 

It definitely has the cringiest ending. :) 

• Administrators

"Leap of Faith"   I know this episode was supposed to be the launching point for a spinoff series.  Thank God it didn't happen.

• Like 1

I didn't like the whole Caitlin saga. Cops and marriage don't fit, especially in a cool TV show.

There is a reason why he got divorced from Caroline in the first place.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2015 at 6:02 AM, vikingbikerREB said:

I just finished watching Hell Hath No Fury and I'm going to add that as one of the top 3 worst episodes ever made. Man, the episode sucks. Its a very badly written, directed, produced and acted episode. The guest stars, besides the hit man Hatch are poor actors. The episode is a real piece of crap.

This. I really love this show, but the quality of this episode was unacceptable.

The music sounded like it belonged in some cheap made for TV horror movie, not a Miami Vice episode.

I think "Cows of October" is the low of the lowest. It just got to the point where the show ridiculed itself. But there are other episodes in this category as well.  

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

I think "Cows of October" is the low of the lowest. It just got to the point where the show ridiculed itself. But there are other episodes in this category as well.  

I disliked this episode, too. But for me, Missing Hours was the absolute worst. It didn't belong on a show like Miami Vice. The premise was ridiculous and whole story made the actors look foolish. Of course, it was great to see James Brown, but that was it's only saving grace!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I disliked this episode, too. But for me, Missing Hours was the absolute worst. It didn't belong on a show like Miami Vice. The premise was ridiculous and whole story made the actors look foolish. Of course, it was great to see James Brown, but that was it's only saving grace!

It definitely didn't belong in MV with the UFO theme! I recall reading, that Olivia didn't rehearse the script, as she thought the producers were joking. She was the one, who got Michael Mann to hire James Brown on the show. Maybe the episode would've been more acceptable, if it had turned out, that it was just a dream Trudy had. It's a shame, because some other sides of Trudy were shown here, when she is singing for instance and I liked those parts of it. And the song by James Brown, "I feel good." I guess, there were some scenes I did like. I know, that Vice sometimes picked untraditional themes with Voodoo and Poetry in S2 and even though "Tale of a Goat" had some supernatural vibe to it, this was just taking it too far. At least the episode is good for a laugh. :) And seeing some of Trudy. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

And that's one of the biggest flaws with Vice in my view. By the time they FINALLY got around to really exploring characters like Trudy and Switek, it was too late. Trudy singing should have happened much sooner, and the whole breakdown of Switek in Season 5 should have happened after Larry's murder. They waited too long...

• Like 3

I feel they didn't care much about these characters. I mean considering JD and MT made their own background stories about Switek and Zito. And not using them much in the show. Their main focus was DJ. And then PMT. The rest were pushed aside. 

Edited by summer84