What happened to Elvis?

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

animals in that era weren't considered with the same consideration as today. in most countries inlcuding mine they were most considered like objects. this is the sad truth. so i don't know how things were in the US, but there are chances that Elvis (and maybe his brothers. because AFAIK nothing says there was only 1 Elvis) had been exploited, to death, then just 'changed'. i just wish it happened differently

Edited by jpm1

• 2 weeks later...
Am 18.10.2012 um 09:27 schrieb Kavinsky:
Zitat
He took over in Season 3 and was responsible for all those "ripped from the headline" plots. Arguably' date=' Dick Wolf took all the fun out of Miami Vice. He had too much Law and Order on his mind with episodes like Contempt of Court, and he also OK'd the god awful Missing Hours. :sick:[/quote']well sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt in S3, Take Irish Eyes and then stones war after it. ones a hard to watch episode with a stupid love plot and its only really notable because of the destruction of a model of the daytona and that its the one and only time the testarossa wasn't in its dull white color with matt spoilers, along with a cool arms dealer, Custom 1911 and pals in that regard and Crockett's cool new look.the others a solid great episode with the Villain who got away at the end from S2 with a laughable car chase once they get out of the car park, I mean your telling me he couldn't have gotten on the highway and just ditched them late at night by shifting into 3rd with that baby?and Irish Eyes was supposed to be the second episode of the season after El Viejo and boy does it show as El Viejo feels really kinda crummy and so - so. one of the weakest episodes of S3 next to Irish Eyes and hell the scene with the daytona being shot at was another ripped from the headlines kinda deal too.hell the only reason to watch those episodes are for the last scenes of the daytona and the TR how it should have been left even if it ment no more night scenes (hell they used cars that didnt show up in S3 and S4 so what was the real deal behind the color change?!) and the cool use of Tubbs caddy, along with Crockett's great new look that they squandered towards the end of S3.

I don't know if Kavinsky still writes in the forum but can anyone enlighten me what he meant with plots "ripped from the heeadlines"?

1 hour ago, Den Taylor said:

I don't know if Kavinsky still writes in the forum but can anyone enlighten me what he meant with plots "ripped from the heeadlines"?

"Ripped from the headlines" means that they took stories that were in the newspapers, articles, news, stuff like that. They used those as plots and main ideas for the episodes.

Ah thanks, codemaster. So basically some episodes had true backgrounds. Any specific examples from Season 3? Kinda sad if a lot of that dark stuff in Season 3 was inspired by real events.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

According to a lost fanfic episode of Miami Vice called “Daddy’s Little Devil”, there’s a close-call incident involving Elvis almost harming an eight-year-old little girl who snuck onto Sonny’s boat in order to find food (she’d been living on the streets for almost a week by that point, so was pretty desperate by then). And Castillo eventually gets word of the incident (via Daddy angrily calling Sonny up because of her “house-sized gator” nightmares), and grows deeply concerned about a departmental/PR nightmare.  So Sonny is forced to surrender Elvis to the Miami Zoo.  At least he doesn’t have to worry about Elvis being put down and ending up a luggage carrier or leather accessories.

Incidentally, this episode also lets everyone know what happens to Newton Windsor Blade (played by Gene Simmons).  Spoiler alert:  for once, it’s actually a HAPPY ending!

• Like 3