Crockett in jeans???

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

I guess the OCB offices and the Testarossa just had some really good air conditioning for Crockett to dress that way. :)

three radiators for improved cooling on it, one on either side and one in the front for the air conditioning vs the one for the cars forerunner the Berlineta Boxer 365/512

three radiators for improved cooling on it' date=' one on either side and one in the front for the air conditioning vs the one for the cars forerunner the Berlineta Boxer 365/512[/quote']For the Daytona, he probably never used the A/C since Sonny always had the top down.

I guess the OCB offices and the Testarossa just had some really good air conditioning for Crockett to dress that way. :)

I don't know how comfortable the Testarossa was with or without AC, but I can tell you the scenes done in the studio, such as the ones shot on OCB office set, were COLDDDDDD. Film studios are kept seemingly near freezing especially during filming. I did a TV show a while back at one of the studios at Universal in Orlando. The entire studio was cold as heck. Even with the hot lighting turned on you were still cold in front of the camera.

I don't know how comfortable the Testarossa was with or without AC' date=' but I can tell you the scenes done in the studio, such as the ones shot on OCB office set, were COLDDDDDD. Film studios are kept seemingly near freezing especially during filming. I did a TV show a while back at one of the studios at Universal in Orlando. The entire studio was cold as heck. Even with the hot lighting turned on you were still cold in front of the camera.[/quote']probably on purpose given that the studio lighting is 9 times out of 10 without that is hot enough to melt plastic and ruin makeup by making the actor sweat.gotta wonder then for the Definitely Miami episode did they just turn the AC off and let everyone heat up from the lights?

Guest MetroVice

When you live in the more southern parts of Florida you learn NOT to wear long long sleeve clothing or jeans. I lived in Tampa in the late 80s early 90s and it was pretty much 100 degrees with 100% humidity throughout the entire year. When you head further south it gets much hotter than Tampa. I was just a little kid back then and I don't even remember owning anything other than shorts. Any kind of long pants (trousers for those of you in other countries) was insane and felt like a death sentence. lol

You got that right. Except for formal events, I haven't worn a pair of long pants/trousers in YEARS. In fact, I don't even wear jeans anymore because it's just too hot for me as I've gotten older. I only own shorts because even in the coldest part of winter it might hit the 50's after a front moves through. The next day it's back into the 80's though. You probably wouldn't want to swim at the beach here in Miami but it's still hot in the winter here.I can also attest for wearing all cotton clothes in the summer here. Back in the 70's and even the 80's people were still wearing rayon, something I only did in the 60's and 70's. By the 80's even I knew cotton was in, and in Miami you would get strange looks if people actually wore some of the stuff they wore in Vice. I remember one episode where Stan was wearing a western type overcoat ON THE BEACH, and some of the crap they wore in other episodes would have attracted loads of attention for sure. With the exception of my days as a bodyguard down here I always wore shorts and everything was always cotton.If I saw someone wearing half the stuff they wore in Vice down here I would assume they were either heavily armed or a loony nutjob. Nobody in their right mind actually wears that stuff down here, but then again Vice was just a TV show. However, LOTS of guys adopted the Crockett look after Vice came out. Still see it here and there even today.

Well, a trip to Miami for me clothing wise would suck 'cause all I wear is T-shirts and jeans and boots, so I'd have to wear a T-shirt and shorts and flip-flops lol

Well' date=' a trip to Miami for me clothing wise would suck 'cause all I wear is T-shirts and jeans and boots, so I'd have to wear a T-shirt and shorts and flip-flops lol[/quote']You could still wear those, but you'd quickly acquire lighter clothing if you were in Miami for very long. :cool:

If I'm going to Miami, I need 3 things:1. Crockett's clothes2. Jan Hammer CD3. A black 1972 Ferrari Daytona

could just cruse south beach, looking for one in a yard like what happened with the production of the show. Car 4 probably in its markadian garments, was found that way by someone on the production crew when they were looking for either a Jaguar E type or a 911.