• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• cageyJG

• Tom Peps

• Sonny-Burnett

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember catching a few eps as a kid-had a funky tune i think-but hey i still reckon Roy Schieder and Blue Thunder could take it in a battle lol!

I remember catching a few eps as a kid-had a funky tune i think-but hey i still reckon Roy Schieder and Blue Thunder could take it in a battle lol!

Dude, you trollin. LOL. I remember getting in those arguments! The only thing Blue Thunder was good for was spying on naked chicks in apartment buildings. Coop, did you take some of these photos personally?Most buttons in my car are turbos. GIVE ME TURBOS, COOP!

Ha Ha!yes u may be right about blue thunders only good feature-BUT WHAT A FEATURE LOL!!And you are right about coop-where are you getting these detailed cockpit snaps etc?You have got it parked in a helipad at your house right???

Not a chance. Airwolf would have shot it down with a hellfire missle 10 miles away. I'd be too simple for Airwolf.

Dude' date=' you trollin. LOL. I remember getting in those arguments! The only thing Blue Thunder was good for was spying on naked chicks in apartment buildings. Coop, did you take some of these photos personally?Most buttons in my car are turbos. GIVE ME TURBOS, COOP![/quote']I was never lucky enough to see "The Lady" in Person. These photos were taken in L.A. at VAN NUYS airport (Where "SANTINI AIR" was supposed to be. Actually, the place that actually did maintain, and handle the Helicopters for the series was "JET COPTERS INC". The hangers of "Santini Air" were actually the real Jet Copters Inc with the Santini Air signs covering the jet copters logo on the hangers!cageyJG, ..."Why can't we hover like regular helicopter people?" -DOM

Ha Ha!yes u may be right about blue thunders only good feature-BUT WHAT A FEATURE LOL!!And you are right about coop-where are you getting these detailed cockpit snaps etc?You have got it parked in a helipad at your house right???

I wish I had the Helicopter. As Morgana pointed out from the websites she found, Airwolf had one final mercy mission.....Angel of Mercy...On the afternoon of Saturday, June 6th, 1992, D-HHSD was flying a little girl suffering from heavy burns on a mercy mission from Berlin to the Cologne University Burns Unit in Köln. After safely delivering the girl, the helicopter and its crew of three was returning to Berlin when they encountered unexpected weather. With the visibility reduced to nearly 100 feet due to fog amidst a brewing thunderstorm, the copter's 42 year old pilot must have struggled to navigate the wooded German mountainsides.Unfortunately, at 2:30 in the afternoon, at a speed of nearly 100 miles an hour, the helicopter impacted near a rock quarry near Halbeswig. Its rotor blades clipped the tops of several tree, and then struck the mountainside. A nearby farmer heard, during his work, a big bang, and alerted emergency services. But, given the weather conditions, it took about an hour before the rescuers could find the wreck site. When they arrived, they found the helicopter was broken in half in the middle, the engine destroyed, and the 3 occupants, including a 38 year old doctor and his 31 year old assistant, all had been killed in the impact.The forested area around the crash site was locked down for nearly 7 hours. The fire department had to close several roads near the site because not enough police. The police Dortmund and the Federal Air Transport Authority Braunschweig started their investigation on late afternoon, which continued into the following day. Afterwards, the crash site was released the helicopter's owners, who salvaged the wreck. However, due to the impassable terrain, some parts of the helicopter could only be snug out by air.I've know this for years, ...and it doesn't become less sad.

I also loved and still love Airwolf. :)As a child my best friend and I thought it was located in Alaska. I don't know why exactly?! Maybe because in some episodes were snow and they were always that fast in Russia. lolHe had small ERTL models of the helicopters and Santini's Jeep, so we were playing with them. We also had KITT and some Ferraris oh and the fall guy truck. ;)I once heard some want to rebuild the heli or it is already happen. Would be great seeing the lady in a museum then.So glad because of the internet and google earth, I found some filming locations of Airwolf. Hawk's wooden house, Airwolf's home, the firm and I found a place where you can see and old Bell 205 Ranger used in Airwolf. :DBtw. Blue Thunder is also gone. The heli stood at Walt Disney World and was abandoned. So the studio decided to scrap him. =(

I wish I had the Helicopter. As Morgana pointed out from the websites she found' date=' Airwolf had one final mercy mission.....Angel of Mercy...On the afternoon of Saturday, June 6th, 1992, D-HHSD was flying a little girl suffering from heavy burns on a mercy mission from Berlin to the Cologne University Burns Unit in Köln. After safely delivering the girl, the helicopter and its crew of three was returning to Berlin when they encountered unexpected weather. With the visibility reduced to nearly 100 feet due to fog amidst a brewing thunderstorm, the copter's 42 year old pilot must have struggled to navigate the wooded German mountainsides.Unfortunately, at 2:30 in the afternoon, at a speed of nearly 100 miles an hour, the helicopter impacted near a rock quarry near Halbeswig. Its rotor blades clipped the tops of several tree, and then struck the mountainside. A nearby farmer heard, during his work, a big bang, and alerted emergency services. But, given the weather conditions, it took about an hour before the rescuers could find the wreck site. When they arrived, they found the helicopter was broken in half in the middle, the engine destroyed, and the 3 occupants, including a 38 year old doctor and his 31 year old assistant, all had been killed in the impact.The forested area around the crash site was locked down for nearly 7 hours. The fire department had to close several roads near the site because not enough police. The police Dortmund and the Federal Air Transport Authority Braunschweig started their investigation on late afternoon, which continued into the following day. Afterwards, the crash site was released the helicopter's owners, who salvaged the wreck. However, due to the impassable terrain, some parts of the helicopter could only be snug out by air.I've know this for years, ...and it doesn't become less sad.[/quote']I never knew it had such a tragic end-thats terrible.For some reason i never watched it as a kid and it has never been on re runs here-i DO have a memory of watching an ep in my kitchen as a kid and it had an old guy as the co pilot???i cant remember his actual name and dont want to google it(its like an ocd i need to remember it myself lol)-i have seen him in escape from new york movie in my mind???Maybe i should put it on my"to get list" of boxsets?.........along with BLUE THUNDER ON BLU RAY!!lol

I came across a filming locations site once while looking for the volcano, Tom. The guy did some pretty extensive research, he was pretty passionate. Yeah, I'd like to know where the cabin was in real life AND fictionally. For the show, I had been given the impression the cabin was in Nor Cal, what, 500 miles north of the Valley of the Gods? But until I grew up more, I thought it was in Alaska too, with all that alpine scenery and just being a hop from Russia. On the rescue helicopter story, that is the very definition of tragic, the crew and the lady going down while trying to do something good for that child.The cast was pretty good. Wait, I mean great. Ernest Borgnine! Jean Bruce Scott was pretty sexy. I always thought Archangel was awesome, even as a kid. http://makalakapisei.blogspot.com/2009/07/life-imitates-art-or-vice-versa.html And String is on Facebook, or at least he was a few months ago. He went off the radar for years - you can Google more on the cast pretty easily.