The airwolf thread

COOPER&BURNETT

Hawke's house was at Lake Hemet, Ca. Think the exact location was 33°40'11.93"N 116°41'38.55"W.And in Monument Valley where they did hide the lady, were Thunderbird Mesa and/or Rain God Mesa, maybe The Lair. I forgot which one it was. Near Merrick Butte was also the drive-in theater of Back to the future III. :DThe Firm and also SAPD (Demolition man) is at 34°09'21.16"N 118°49'08.06"WI still don't know where Jetcopters Building 1 is exactly: Van Nuys Airport 16644 Roscoe Blvd. Bldg #1, Van Nuys, CA 91406. Found it right now: 34°12'54.92"N 118°29'15.44"WGlad my friend and I weren't the only ones thought it was shot in Alaska. lolSome years ago I read the story about Airwolf bought by the German Red Cross and what happened then. So sad. =(I never thought about Jean Bruce Scott was sexy. Okay I was a child but I loved Heather Thomas in The Fall Guy more. =)Airwolf Soundstage: 34°8'33.57"N 118°21'20.47"W

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• cageyJG

• Tom Peps

• Sonny-Burnett

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also loved and still love Airwolf. :)As a child my best friend and I thought it was located in Alaska. I don't know why exactly?! Maybe because in some episodes were snow and they were always that fast in Russia. lolHe had small ERTL models of the helicopters and Santini's Jeep' date=' so we were playing with them. We also had KITT and some Ferraris oh and the fall guy truck. ;)I once heard some want to rebuild the heli or it is already happen. Would be great seeing the lady in a museum then.So glad because of the internet and google earth, I found some filming locations of Airwolf. Hawk's wooden house, Airwolf's home, the firm and I found a place where you can see and old Bell 205 Ranger used in Airwolf. :DBtw. Blue Thunder is also gone. The heli stood at Walt Disney World and was abandoned. So the studio decided to scrap him. =([/quote']I'm a bit confused. Hawke's cabin was on a studio stage. It wasn't real. The lake was real BIG BEAR LAKE in California, but the cabin wasn't real.Living in Calfornia, there is a place called, "magic mountain", (It may be run by six flags) it has roller coasters and rides and stuff. One thing they have is a very distinctive tower that stands very tall, and can be seen from many miles away. When I bought my big screen TV, I watched one of my episodes when they were supposed to be in Africa, and, yep, you guessed it, way in the background, behind a mountain,...you can see the Magic Mountain tower! It wouldn't mean anything to those not from California, but if you live here in the L.A. area, you know it! I wonder how they let that slip. My guess is, it's too small to see on the small TV's in 1983-84.

I never knew it had such a tragic end-thats terrible.For some reason i never watched it as a kid and it has never been on re runs here-i DO have a memory of watching an ep in my kitchen as a kid and it had an old guy as the co pilot???i cant remember his actual name and dont want to google it(its like an ocd i need to remember it myself lol)-i have seen him in escape from new york movie in my mind???Maybe i should put it on my"to get list" of boxsets?.........along with BLUE THUNDER ON BLU RAY!!lol

It's not on reruns anywhere. They didn't film enough seasons to syndicate it. JAN MICHAEL VINCENT's drug, and booze problems created problems on the set in later seasons, and it was a troubled production in the later years, and CBS finally pulled the plug.It's on DVD, and wonderful to see again!

great. Ernest Borgnine! Jean Bruce Scott was pretty sexy. I always thought Archangel was awesome, even as a kid. http://makalakapisei.blogspot.com/2009/07/life-imitates-art-or-vice-versa.html And String is on Facebook, or at least he was a few months ago. He went off the radar for years - you can Google more on the cast pretty easily.

The cabin (a studio set) was supposed to be at BIG BEAR LAKE in Southern California, in fact, the lake IS actually BIG BEAR LAKE! Every interview asking where it was located, every actor, and crew who shot the footage has all independently said it was BIG BEAR LAKE.http://www.bigbearinfo.com/index.phpThe location for SANTINI AIR, was supposed to be, and actually WAS filmed at VAN NUYS airport in Southern California.The reason we see Airwolf in Alaska, and Russia is because Airwolf would cross from Alaska into Russia (only 58 miles) on missions.The VALLEY OF THE GODS (the snow covered mountains) where AIRWOLF is hidden in the cave shaft, is supposed to be in UTAH. More than likely, it was shot in Monument valley in Arizona.

Here's a great cover version of the AIRWOLF THEME (And great photos too!)Buy the closest to the original on a 4 track CD like I did, It's not possible to tell the difference between the original and these covers, They are AMAZING! Here's a sneak peek of the music. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it!!

• 2 months later...

There WAS a replica "Lady" built by the same guy who makes the replica helmets and flight suits. Don't ask me his name, cuz I can't recall right now. If someone mentions him, I'll know it. But anyway, the replica lady was built by this guy for the Helicopter Museum in Kentucky or Tennessee if I recall correctly. The place was only open for a short time, and the Lady hung from the rafters of the place. You could not get inside of it, but the exterior was a full blown knock off of what we seen on screen. I don't recall what happened to it, or if it even exists anymore. On a side note, the guy who built the mini stuff for Airwolf and probably did some stuff for Vice as well was a guy named Jack Sessums. Look him up sometime on Google. He has since passed on from cancer, but a friend of mine has a mini KITT that had screen time in season 2 Knight Rider. He had this DVD from Sessums and Slagle that showed all the stuff they do. Apparently it was their promo video that they sent out to studios and movie studios to pimp themselves. He had another video of them using the mini stuff from back then too. Pretty cool stuff! There apparently are some of these minis floating around, mainly KITTs. I do know that my friend WILL NOT let me post the video, so please don't ask. Only a handful of people have ever seen it. He got it when he got his mini KITT, and was told to NOT let anyone copy it. So I am one of a privileged few who got to see the DVD of Jack Sessums doing stuff for Airwolf, the Dukes, Knight Rider, A-Team, just about any show from the 80's. I know there was some mini stuff done on Vice, but I couldn't tell you if that was around the time this video was made or not.Ripper

I was just looking through the nice pics of the Lady, which I haven't seen anywhere else by the way, and noticed that the pic of the one keypad could have been doubled for Knight Rider props as well. It KITT's lower console in season two, you see a keypad that is actually a salvaged register keypad! LOL! The one you see in the one pic looks almost identical to it, and there is another keypad right beside it that looks like the Coding Spacemap in KITT's season 1 and pilot lower console. Pretty cool stuff! I have never seen these Airwolf pictures of the Lady's interior. Awesome stuff!On a side note, JMV apparently is living in Louisiana or Mississippi somewhere. He's a broke down busted form of his former self. The guy can barely speak. I guess the one wreck he got into really messed the guy up physically and mentally. Borgnine, who voiced Mermaidman on Spongebob, has just recently passed away. He was in much better shape than JMV. I remember seeing an interview with him a few years ago and thought he was going to outlive JMV even though he had 20 or 30 years on JMV.Ripper

Nice pics Coop! That's quite a Helicopter!I never saw the series however I did manage to find the original Movie "Blue Thunder" on dvd a few weeks ago. Just watched it again a couple of nights ago and what a great movie!I remember I went to the theatre to see it on the big screen when it came out.Was the series kind of like the Night Rider of the skies??? :)Chase bad guys and change wrongs to rights?

Was a great show that I think ran on Saturday nights back from '84-'87. Interesting in that it came out in the pre-season discussions as that there were going to be two super helicopter shows, Airwolf and Blue Thunder , the latter being a follow-on series from the 1983 movie by the same name. BT only lasted a few episodes as it couldn't compete with Airwolf, and had Dick Butkus and Dana Carvey as two of its stars.Airwolf had a great score and its main character Stringfellow Hawke played by JMV and Dominic played by Ernest Borgnine, as well as a shady leader named Archangel dressed all in white, played by Alex Cord. Think the plot was that Hawke stole Airwolf from the government and hid it in some desert hideway, and decided to use it for special missions. Was a bit campy at times but always fun to watch the helicopter scenes. Except for Season 4 with all new characters and it was just BAD. And thanks for reminding me now that I bought the DVDs some years back and haven't watched them yet. :)

This is the page where I was looking for the locations. It says Lake Hemet:http://airwolfthemes.com/media/MattyB_AirwolfTrip3.pdfScroll down and look at the mountains in the background. They look like the ones in Airwolf' date=' where they built the set. :D[/quote']WOW these location shots bring back memories.

On my next vacation, in the states, I want to search for the Back to the future locations and maybe some other movie and tv shows locations. :DBtw, Big Bear Lake......The Fall Guy's cabin was/is there. Does someone know the exact location of it? Can't find it in the www.And with Google Earth it is impossible to locate. lol

• Administrators

I too liked Airwolf and have seasons 1-3 on DVD. Refused to buy season 4 as it was a total revamp of the series.Also, Jan's career went into the toilet due to alcoholism. He ended up getting into a car accident with his girlfriend and the paramedics had to shove a breathing hose down his throat. In doing that, they permanently damaged his vocal cords which is why he speaks with such a raspy voice since then.Such a shame. He could've gone a lot further in show biz if it wasn't for his addiction to alcoholism.

I too liked Airwolf and have seasons 1-3 on DVD. Refused to buy season 4 as it was a total revamp of the series.Also' date=' Jan's career went into the toilet due to alcoholism. He ended up getting into a car accident with his girlfriend and the paramedics had to shove a breathing hose down his throat. In doing that, they permanently damaged his vocal cords which is why he speaks with such a raspy voice since then.Such a shame. He could've gone a lot further in show biz if it wasn't for his addiction to alcoholism.[/quote']Yes I heard about that too?!?!?!Too bad as he was a pretty good actor as I liked him in a movie I have called "Damnation Alley" a sci-fi thriller set in the future when the earths axis tilts and screws up the world.His career was just starting and he had the "pretty-boy" looks of a star in the making. He was doing a lot of those "hero" roles at that time.

I'M A TURBO LOVERDid I not post this before?! WTH was I thinking! Prepare yourself to witness one of the best tribute videos of all time. I said, "OF ALL TIME!"

Not many know this' date=' but my second favorite TV series is AIRWOLF. I don't really collect it like MIAMI VICE, but I like the series.This thread is for anything AIRWOLF.[/quote']All right Coop, this thread was fairly rad, so what was your THIRD favorite TV series?Dallas? :)