My wife, RIP

CharlieGlide

My beautiful wife has lost her long battle with cancer. You all didn't know her, but she was a very memorable woman. Strong, funny, usually happy, always forthright, and able to light up a room just by walking in it. I will always be grateful to her for so much. She not only tolerated my Miami Vice obsession, but encouraged it, ordering me Miami Vice-related gifts online.She had a terrible battle the last several months and once I would get her settled for the night, I would sit by myself in the living room and watch an episode of Miami Vice. Sometimes I'd only get through about 15 minutes, other nights I would watch two episodes. But just as some people drink or whatever to get through something, I would watch Miami Vice. It makes sense to only a select few how a tv show could help get me through this experience, but that's exactly what Vice has done. When I most needed it, the show allowed me to 'check out' for a bit.And this is why I am planning a trip to Miami. My wife would've appreciated it and understood it. She will be watching my trip from heaven.

My beautiful wife has lost her long battle with cancer. You all didn't know her' date=' but she was a very memorable woman. Strong, funny, usually happy, always forthright, and able to light up a room just by walking in it. I will always be grateful to her for so much. She not only tolerated my Miami Vice obsession, but encouraged it, ordering me Miami Vice-related gifts online.She had a terrible battle the last several months and once I would get her settled for the night, I would sit by myself in the living room and watch an episode of Miami Vice. Sometimes I'd only get through about 15 minutes, other nights I would watch two episodes. But just as some people drink or whatever to get through something, I would watch Miami Vice. It makes sense to only a select few how a tv show could help get me through this experience, but that's exactly what Vice has done. When I most needed it, the show allowed me to 'check out' for a bit.And this is why I am planning a trip to Miami. My wife would've appreciated it and understood it. She will be watching my trip from heaven.[/quote']CharlieGlide, I'm heartbroken after learning about your wife. This was a total shock for me when I turned on the computer this morning. I'm speechless.I certainly understand what you mean by watching Miami Vice when things are tough. I've done the same thing. I guess we do it, as it brings us back to a happier time, when things were safe, and we were young and trouble free. You can escape, even for a little while, to free the mind, and not think about daily problems. I've done it. It may sound odd to those who don't understand, but I really have done this, and in turn, feel more emotion during the shows drama.I can't imagine what your feeling. I'm pretty stunned by the news. I want to do something to honor her today. Either make a toast in her honor, spend a moment of silence thinking of her, or both. I will do something, even if it's by myself, because I feel a need to do it.I am thinking of her, and you, and I will all day today. You were very lucky to have her all these years, but the real honor was she wanted to be with you just as much. She will always be in love with you.-coop

Yeash, sorry to hear about your loss man. Just remember that loved ones and friends are never really gone as long as you remember them.that's the way I look at and the way I treated the deaths of family members over my life, namely with My grandmother and my Uncle Klaus who were key in my development as a child on my family trips to germany.

• Administrators

So sorry for your loss buddy. It's amazing sometimes what gets us through when times are tough. I'm sure you have a lot of great memories together and it's good that she was a part of your interest in Vice. Hang in there and know that we're all here for you.

I was deeply saddened to hear this unhappy news. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult times. I wish you all the power and strength you need to stay this difficult chapter of life.

I am very touched!No... you are right. I have not known your wife but...you have written here about her in the days she always have had to go to the clinic andwhat a hard fight it is. That was enough to let me think about your wife always if I have seen your signature pic here with us.CharlieGlide you have written with your words here a wonderful true love declaration to your wife.A wonderful love and marriage has been with you both.And yes - YOUR WIFE will be watching YOUR Miami trip from heaven. I AM SURE ABOUT THAT !May I give you a hug.... ?

My condolences for you, pal. My mom and my dad died years ago with cancer or some collateral effects of this disease. I know how you are feeling now. : _ _ (

I feel so sorry for you, CharlieGlide. I got goose bumps when I read what you had written about your wife. She must have been a great person and I´m sure that she´ll guard you from heaven.Please feel hugged from me.

My deepest condoleance with your loss.Your story moved me. I have been through the same having lost my husband to cancer.I was speechless by the loving way you spoke about you wife.Just remember that she is gone from this world but her love for you and your love for her will stay for ever! That love will get you through the difficult times.I hope your trip to Miami gives you some peace about everything.If you want to talk to someone whom has been through the same you are welcome to pm me!

I'm sorry for your loss, man.Your right, our loved ones are watching us from heaven and we'll hope that we will someday be reunited with them.Best wishes and stay strong.

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife's passing CharlieGlide.My condolences.I was off the forum for a long time, dealing with many issues ongoing (including money and relatives' health issues), and was urged to see how friends were going after the bad news on Hurricane Sandy. But now I realize the obvious, that is, how tragic circumstances can and do happen regardless of other tragic circumstances.I'm very sorry, CG. I wish you a way to find peace in this sad moment.