My wife, RIP

CharlieGlide

Truly heartfelt condolence Charlie.You can sense the strong bond you had-that will never be brokenMuch love to your wife and you-from paul.

Dear All: I am overwhelmed by your kind words and support. It means so much to me when I have a quiet moment to myself. They can be hard to read but these posts are really nice.I actually logged in here to tell a story about last night, but I definitely needed to say thank you to all...I went out to dinner last night with my wife's parents. We picked an Italian restaurant located on the harbor. It was a nice enough dinner...what do you say? You can't really pick up and carry on like nothing happened, but neither of us wanted to dwell in sorrow. As I sat at our table, I looked out on the nearby dock. Some really nice boats there. One of them had a table lamp inside, giving off a warm glow to the cabin. Clearly, the person lived onboard, and it made me think of you know who.'That's the life right there,' I thought. How nice to just have the water and solitude. This same restaurant has a really good, sort of old school piano bar. It would remind you of the bar at the end of 'Heart of Darkness' where we learn Artie has hung himself. It's woody, dark and has a nautical theme. There's some middle-aged gold diggers chasing after older, retired millionaires and then there's a cluster of life-long marine types...boat captains, dockhands, etc. The all mix together without pretense and it's sort of nice in it's own way.As I sat there toward the end our meal, the piano player could be heard, singing along to the piano. I hadn't really paid attention to him all night. But this song was 'Wonderful Tonight,' by Clapton. I wasn't sad when I heard it, in fact, in made me happy. The boat with the light on, the darkened harbor, and the song...for a moment, it all came together, like my wife was reaching out to me to let me know it was okay.

I dont know what to say, man but I can offer some advice to make sure you remember her as time goes by. Make sure you keep all of the photos of her that you can and keep one in your wallet.as photos help bring back memories like you wouldnt believe, along with scents.

The boat with the light on' date=' the darkened harbor, and the song...for a moment, it all came together, like my wife was reaching out to me to let me know it was okay.[/quote']Thank you for telling us how your evening yesterday went on.You've choosen a good way to visit a restaurant together instead of diving in sorrows alone at home.Yes, it was a very special evening. Even I as outsider feel what you have described.What is really weird to me in a way is your sentence I have quoted above.Why?As I have had to bear my last hard lost of a beloved soul I awoke at the first morning alone and after weeks of rainy weather with clouds and stormthe sun was finally rising up and was shining so very much and hot it was unbelievable.A bit later I sat down in my car and turned the radio on. It was playing a German song called *A BEAUTIFUL DAY*. This song is very common in Germany but definitely not in radio. It is a song only for very special celebrations like weddings, baptisms, births or similar.With all that what happend in this short time at the first morning alone I have felt exactly the same like you.I have felt like my beloved soul would reach out to me to tell me: Only to let you: All is good! NOW I can feel well again...

I have just read this news and feel so sad. However; I realize that as normal as it is to feel sad it is better to focus on the blessings of her company, partnership, sharing and love that blessed your life for so long. I cannot pretend to place myself in your place but you have my thoughts and prays and never forget the great blessing you had and continue to have that many people never have. She will be with you always and you are loved.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can empathise as I too lost someone close to me in eight short months. She went quietly with little pain.I only wish that in my lifetime someone will finally find a cure for this disease and stop the endless heartaches of the future.Keep strong my friend and remember there are better days ahead...

My respects again to you, CharlieGlide.And thank you very much for sharing the meaningful experience you had at dinner.Thank you, also, Blupearl for sharing this incredible moment in such a sad situation.This gives us all a lot to think about, I guess.It's funny how most of the time we all seek meaning in life. But sometimes, it's meaning that seeks us. Hopefully, when that happens, we'll have eyes and ears to perceive it, as you both had.Thank you

I'm very sorry to hear about the death of your wife, CharlieGlide. I'm reading your posts with tears in my eyes because she sounds just like my wonderful wife. She always tells me to get something that I like from Miami Vice, even though she is not a fan like me. What you described about your wife , touched me deeply. Fortunately, my wife is in good health, but I can imagine the sorrow you are feeling. Just last night she told me to order a replica Rolex watch, since I wanted one for years. That's how she is and I believe your wife was.God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers. :cry:

My deepest condolences to you, Charlie. I lost one of my parents to cancer this year. The time spent waiting and keeping vigil for months and months is both a way of hoping they'll pull through, and a way of saying goodbye. I'm glad Vice has helped you to cope, as it's done for all of us so many times.

Oh man...what can I say CharlieGlide...I am afraid my english isn't good enough to speak properly to you right now and to tell you everything I want... but I will try.My day wasn't the best, I was in a bad mood, I turned on my PC, then I wanted to take a look to my friends in the Miami Vice World.I scrolled through the theads...I was bored...and then, man I felt like my heart stoped for a while when I read your post. I feld ashamed that I thought my day wasn't going right.I had tears in my eyes and thought about my girl and how it would feel to loose her...I am shocked.You must go through the hardest time a person can get in.When you find someone you love, the right person for you...you wish to carry on for the rest of your lives together.But god must have had other plans for your loving wife.From your words, she must have been a beautiful and warm person!My wishes are strengh to you and your family.My thoughts and prayers are with you Charlie.

Again, thank you all for thinking of me. I am genuinely touched by my little Miami Vice community. It took a few nights, but my brother and I watched Prodigal Son over the last few nights. What solstice it provided.If you have someone close to you, make sure you take a minute to show them an extra appreciation tonight/this weekend. It will mean something to you later, no matter how small it is. Thank you, everyone.

Again' date=' thank you all for thinking of me. I am genuinely touched by my little Miami Vice community. It took a few nights, but my brother and I watched Prodigal Son over the last few nights. What solstice it provided.If you have someone close to you, make sure you take a minute to show them an extra appreciation tonight/this weekend. It will mean something to you later, no matter how small it is. Thank you, everyone.[/quote']sorry for your loss Charlie... i have lost many people close to me and i cant image loosing your life partner, but please take it from me... keep your head up, live you life to the fullest for her.. make her proud.please take care Charlie...

Again' date=' thank you all for thinking of me. I am genuinely touched by my little Miami Vice community. It took a few nights, but my brother and I watched Prodigal Son over the last few nights. What solstice it provided.If you have someone close to you, make sure you take a minute to show them an extra appreciation tonight/this weekend. It will mean something to you later, no matter how small it is. Thank you, everyone.[/quote']I've just seen your post CG. So sorry to hear. To lose ones soulmate is devastating. But as you say I'm sure she will be with you on your trip & every step of your life from now on. You will never forget, memories are forever.much love x

My heart goes out to you pal. I guess we all know something of that awful thing called cancer, but it never loses its sting when someone close to you (especially your wife) passes away. I just saw the thread and will say a prayer for you to remain strong. I think your wife is looking down on you smiling this very minute. She sounded like a very special lady, and I think she is happy that you are going to Miami. God bless.