Gettin' pumped for The Boss' new album...

Lar

I meant to watch it but got caught up with other things. I did see a clip of him practicing on one of the news channels and he was singing "The Rising."

I'm refraining from clicking that link' date=' I want my first listen to be the official CD (I may pick up the vinyl, price depending).Reviews have been pretty good. Some mixed/more negative ones here and there, but from what I've read, most say it's a pretty good album. Rolling Stone gave it five stars (honestly, I was expecting four or four and half, from what I've read elsewhere):http://http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/25463406/review/25523370/working_on_a_dream

Picked up the album today: Pretty d*mn good! Definitely his most optimistic in a looong time. Not sure I'd put it above Magic, but not bad at all. Sure as h*ll ain't no Human Touch. Outlaw Pete is fantastic, Queen of the Supermarket is much better than the title suggests, and despite some trite lyrics, Surprise, Surprise is an excellent, 1960's-ish pop song. A lot of it is different from the usual Bruce sound, if there is such a thing. Good Eye is a prime example (I believe it's a bullet mike being used. Creepy, yet cool). I've really warmed up to the title track, though the whistle solo is still a little hard to swallow. Still, gotta hand it to the man for shaking things up.Viceman, while they had my copy put aside for me, there were copies not only by the register, but also in the Springsteen section. I bought the CD/DVD edition, and I'm seriously considering picking up the regular CD version for the car.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if this is an indie-shop promotion or if the Time Traveler guys are just being sneaky? Either way, very cool.As for me, I decided to use an Amamzon gift code I got for Xmas, so now I sit and wait! I got the deluxe version too. So it's a dualdisc? I thought they'd done away with those things.

I know some places overseas got the album the 23rd, and often you receive an album before the release date if you preorder on Amazon.It's not dualdisc, they're separate discs. The deluxe edition package is pretty nice. Like Magic, the disc(s) are slid in and out of pockets, rather than stored on a hub, but still a decent package.

It's the best SB halftime performance I've ever seen -- topping even Prince. What a contrast to the Tom Petty and McCartney snoozefests of recent years. Bruce showed that it takes more than just standing there pumping out the hits -- you need some energy and showmanship. The testifying spoken intro, the spirited running around stage, the funny banter with Steve in Glory days, then the ref showing up. That's how you do it.

He really knocked it out of the park. Honestly, he could've done pretty much anything, and I would have been satisfied. I don't think he's capable of a truly bad performance. However, all fandom aside, his halftime show was geuinely exhilerating, and I don't say that too often as far concerts/music performances on TV go.But then, any time you open with Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, it's hard to go wrong. "Put DOWN the chicken finger!!!"

Meh, can't get too upset. The guy's an idiot, plain and simple. He's in the minority, too. From what I've read, most Bruce fans (as well as non-fans) thought it was a fantastic performance.Some people you just can't please.

Letter to the fans on MySpace...A Lette​r to Our Fans:​ We know there​ was much confu​sion regar​ding Ticke​tmast​er and Ticke​tsNow​ durin​g last Monda​y'​s on-​sale dates​.​ We were as confu​sed as you were,​ as we were given​ no advan​ce notic​e of the major​ chang​es in the Ticke​tmast​er-​Ticke​tsNow​ world​.​ (​Bear in mind that we are not clien​ts of any ticke​ting compa​ny,​ and that all those​ arran​gemen​ts are betwe​en venue​s and ticke​ting compa​nies.​) Last Monda​y,​ we were infor​med that Ticke​tmast​er was redir​ectin​g your log-​in reque​sts for ticke​ts at face value​,​ to their​ secon​dary site Ticke​tsNow​,​ which​ speci​alize​s in up-​selli​ng ticke​ts at above​ face value​.​ They did this even when other​ seats​ remai​ned avail​able at face value​.​ We conde​mn this pract​ice.​ We perce​ive this as a pure confl​ict of inter​est.​ Ticke​tmast​er is there​ to ensur​e that we have a good,​ fair sale of our ticke​ts at their​ face value​ plus norma​l ticke​ting charg​es.​ Ticke​tsNow​ is suppo​sed to be a secon​dary site where​ peopl​e who alrea​dy have ticke​ts may excha​nge,​ trade​,​ and, unfor​tunat​ely,​ specu​late with them.​ We have asked​ this redir​ectio​n from Ticke​tmast​er to Ticke​tsNow​ cease​ and desis​t immed​iatel​y and Ticke​tmast​er has agree​d to do so in the futur​e and has remov​ed its unwan​ted mater​ial from their​ and our site.​ We know the many cynic​al argum​ents some make in favor​ of the Ticke​tmast​er syste​m:​ There​ are rumor​s that some artis​ts or manag​ers parti​cipat​e in Ticke​tmast​er charg​es-​-​we do not. There​ are rumor​s that some artis​ts or manag​ers are recei​ving a perce​ntage​ of the amoun​t above​ face value​ at secon​dary outle​ts like Ticke​tsNow​-​-​we do not. Some artis​ts or manag​ers may not perce​ive there​ to be a confl​ict betwe​en havin​g the distr​ibuto​r of their​ ticke​ts in effec​t "​scalp​ing"​ those​ same ticke​ts throu​gh a secon​dary compa​ny like Ticke​tsNow​-​-​we do. While​ many of you have sent notes​ to us and your local​ promo​ters,​ you may also send accur​ate infor​matio​nal lette​rs to Alber​t Lopez​ of Ticke​tmast​er [Alber​t.​ Lopez​@​ticke​tmast​er.​ com] and he will try to addre​ss your quest​ions.​ A final​ point​ for now: the one thing​ that would​ make the curre​nt ticke​t situa​tion even worse​ for the fan than it is now would​ be Ticke​tmast​er and Live Natio​n comin​g up with a singl​e syste​m,​ there​by retur​ning us to a near monop​oly situa​tion in music​ ticke​ting.​ Sever​al newsp​apers​ are repor​ting on this story​ right​ now. If you, like us, oppos​e that idea,​ you shoul​d make it known​ to your repre​senta​tives​.​ The abuse​ of our fans and our trust​ by Ticke​tmast​er has made us as furio​us as it has made many of you. We will conti​nue to do our utmos​t now and in the futur​e to make sure that these​ pract​ices are perma​nentl​y curta​iled on our tours​.​ Bruce​ Sprin​gstee​n,​ Jon Landa​u and the entir​e Sprin​gstee​n Tour Team

I haven't closely followed the whole Ticketmaster fiasco; There are no Cleveland or even Detroit dates for this leg of the tour (BS apparently stated there would be though, implying a 2nd leg of the tour), so I really haven't bothered. However, I've read fans stating they'd rather put up with the old way of buying Boss tickets (i.e., standing in endless lines) than having to put up with TM.

• 2 weeks later...

Kingdom of Days nearly moved me to tears the first time I heard it. And I think there's a lot more to Queen of the Supermarket than the outraged people are giving it credit for. But curiously, this new album has made me listen to Magic more. I still haven't fully soaked up the new one.

You know, I did the same thing! It's definitely the opposite of Magic, and while I don't think it's quite as strong, it's hardly the debacle a lot of fans are calling it. If anything, it's proof that Bruce CAN do an optimistic album that's genuinely good (though I thik I said it before, Lucky Town doesn't get a fair shake, and Human Touch has it's moments).I actually like Queen on the Supermarket, and Good Eye was one I went back and forth on as I listened to it the first time, but is actually a d*mn cool song.I still need to get a copy for the car...

The Gaslight Anthem is a d*mn good band, one of the few newer groups I genuinely like. I picked up The '59 Sound based on the Bruce influence, and ended up really liking it beyond that.