MV: The Animated Series

Viceman Cometh

How's that for an idea? The perfect solution for getting us new Vice stories, done in the style of the original series.I'd set it between S2 and S3 so the classic pastels and Daytona could be featured. I'd animate it in a style somewhere between the Justice League/Batman style and Japanese anime for darkness and texture (as well as the realities of cost control). Better still, I bet all the original players except DJ and EJO would lend their voices. And the "return" of Larry Zito!Here are two story ideas I've had:"Still the Shill" -- the return of our favorite cockney conniver."Ghosts" -- The apparent return of Evan Freed AND Artie Lawson. At the end, it's all Crockett's dream! (Shades of Shadow in the Dark).All right, Hollywood, get on it! Some cable network gimme a six-episode order!

What an original idea!Although, I can't see DON lending his voice, a good impersonator would have no problem.I'd like better looking action figures too. I have the one's that came out already, but I'd prefer better. I'm just glad I have some at all.What about a current market quality MIAMI VICE video game for gamers. That would be cool to be in control of the action also!

Guest neworder

Cant see how you all think this is cool idea, its ridiculous. Sorry no offence Viceman Cometh.And animated TV show would get rid of a crucial part of Vice, Miami's scenery. You cant recreate it properly enough, it would look rubbish.Maybe this only appeals to the older vice fans out there, im 19 for example and trust me if they released an animated series i wouldn't be to all my friends 'hey guys come and watch this' because id be ridiculed because animation is old skool and rubbish and associated with disney tosh. Animation is associated with childrens films IMO.

Sorry, you're wrong (IMO). Animation comes in varying degrees of styles and quality (just like any other art form).Look at recent films like "Wall-E" and "Waltz With Bashir", both receiving critical and commercial success. And lookat the work of the Japanese filmmakers/animators Hayao Miyazaki, Mamoru Oshii, and Katsuhiro Ôtomo; they've all made really interesting animated films. Not to mention the artist at Pixar, they are really pushing the art ofanimation.

Have the people that developed Grand Theft Auto:Vice City do it! Think of Vice City, with PS3 graphics, except with Crockett and Tubbs!

Edited by agent 47
Space bar is your friend.

• 2 years later...

Well...nothing against the japanese styles but i hate watch for instance X-men or even Batman Year One with japanese style. I think its get so dull or not very genuine...I get bored! I prefer that Batman the animated series style (that first one made from Warner).

The idea sounds great!:thumbsup: I think that many German fans would like to watch this animated series, too. But I agree with Mr. Calderone. Nothing against series in Japanese style, but the figures all look the same there. I also would prefer if it were made by Warner or Pixa.

• 1 month later...
Guest MetroVice

I break sweat just looking at these pictures of everybody always wearing jackets or some kind of coat in Miami. Even in the winter it's hot down here. In fact, Christmas day 2011 we were at the beach here in Miami and it was 87 degrees. Wearing that stuff in the SUMMER is ten times as bad :pAs for an animated series, something about it just doesn't grab me. But that's ME. It may in fact be a hit with the majority though.

LOL I had this idea a while ago.Would be cool if they call the same guys that did Batman TAS and Michael Mann as well.Genndy Tartakovsky would be a good choice too! He did Samurai Jack and it was an amazing series with nice scenery. His drawing, 80's music and that Miami neon/summer feeling would be great!Episode ideas:Elvis has left the building!- A "fun" episode. Sonny's Alligator, Elvis, is taken by mobsters in exchange of money or that Vice drop a case on them.To live and dine in Miami- A deal is taken place on a huge dinner in the mansion of a milionaire drug lord. All the OCB is there in a huge operation to catch him. Features the voice of Ron Perlman and Family Guy's creator Seth Macfarlane.

Hahahahahaha! :clap::clap: That's awesome! Too bad they didn't have a brick phone accessory. I would definitely watch the animated series if it were like this.

I agree with the brick phone comment.:thumbsup: This was just a quick test run (15 minutes) of the program to see what it could do (most of the time was spend in the creation of the Crockett cartoon character and texts). But I like it and will definitely use it to make some fun 'fan creations' with it.Stay tuned!;)

• 1 year later...