Rare '80s music

BlueAir

29 minutes ago, Marc said:

Germany, 1986

Oops here’s the song he posted. I accidentally forgot to quote, and that ALWAYS starts a new page. :)  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1984, Tony Carey Project who did a cult album called Explorer two years earlier. when i found this album I was really hoping for one stand out amazing track but they're all equally the same. hard choosing a favourite but maybe this one.

11 minutes ago, Marc said:

2:40 am escapism 

10pm here. Loving this!

I hear Jan Hammer’s LinnDrum and DX7 Jazz Guitar there. 

All the best to you, My Friend. :tasse_prost:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This is a fun, quirky little song from 1981. They kind of remind me of Missing Persons without the extravagant style. This music video transports me back to when MTV first went on the air (even though I wasn't born yet). What a time to be alive it must've been!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Want to give this thread a bump in revival. Here's some rare and lesser known releases of popular bands and artists.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In 1982, American-based 7-UP got in touch with a UK agency to get a 30 second tune made by someone who was "happening" at the time to advertise their drink. So the agency contacted Gary and offered a £10,000 deal so he recorded 3 pieces of music with lyrics supplied by them. When the recordings were sent to the Americans they had not heard any music like this, and they were expecting something in a punk style as that had just arrived over there so these recordings were never used.

didn't know this existed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The only thing I know for sure is it was never used in a “Vice” episode.  Definitely sounds like 80’s music though.

3 hours ago, Marc said:

trying to find out on what this is, tried googling the lyrics and Shazam and no results.

This is great! Although I know it’s not: it kinda sounds like George Michael producing a Tears for Fears record. :) 

Where did you find it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

This is great! Although I know it’s not: it kinda sounds like George Michael producing a Tears for Fears record. :) 

Where did you find it?

some Austrian guy on Soundcloud I've been checking out played it, waiting on him to reply.

• Like 1