Al Lombard is Dead!

Ferrariman

That is so sad - I liked him in Law & Order, the movie "Out of Sight" (amongst others!) plus he was my favourite guest star in Vice. RIP Dennis - you seemed to be a genuine guy & you will be sorely missed

Damn I liked him:cry:Al Lombard by favorite villain in MV,and now he is gone.that is very sad to my.RIP D.Farina I will miss you a lot:cry:

god damn it, I'm gonna miss him.poor guy, what a way to go with a blood clott in a lung, RIP Farina/Avey/Lombard. sit down and shut up you bald headed prick lol damn it, he should have done more snatch like films.also he played one of the thugs in thief, right at the end that James Cann guns down at the end. but well atleast he had a full and fun career though, RIP Mr. Farina, you've earned it, also he had a hell of a fun part in a Chuck Norris film back in the 1980's that was playing a few days ago, naturally playing a cop lol

I heard he was a really nice guy from people who were fortunate enough to have met him, never seen him play a role where he didn't bring authenticity to it and I can say when I saw his name in the credits on the back of the box or on IMDb before watching a movie I knew I was going to find something to like in it.R.I.P., you will definitely be missed.

This is terrible. I was very saddened to hear this. I couldn't quite believe it. At 69 he had good innings but he could've lived longer. Very sad. Michael Mann will probably be very upset as they were pals and he gave Dennis his start as an actor when he cast him as a mob henchman in Thief, and they worked together again many times over the years.This is a very sad day for Vicers as Al Lombard was one of the greatest Vice villains and this was down to Dennis' performance. He gave the character so much depth and dimension and made the cold blooded gangster a much more complex character. I'm watching Lombard and World of Trouble as a tribute.He was a superb and charismatic actor with real screen presence. I was a big fan of his. He could always be counted on to steal a scene. He was terrific as Jack Crawford in Manhunter and he was fantastic as Vegas mobster Jimmy Serrano in Midnight Run (a classic movie). They are two of my favourite roles of his.So long Dennis. Your fans will miss you. Rest in peace. Good night, sweet prince.

Sad, sad news.Rest in Peace.I'll give a Lombard episode a watch this weekend in his memory.Will be wearing a Miami Vice t-shirt to work tomorrow as a small tribute.

He will be missed...I just made his "Vermicelli & Meatballs" from Season One recently, will have to cook it again in his honor...

That was sad news to find out today.A terrific actor and he played Lombard so well.Watched him in law and order and crime story too.

He didn't even get a banner announcing his passing on IMDb but they gave a banner for that smackhead from Glee. WTF? That's a disgrace

So sad :cry: Lately, he was doing the commercials for Xfinity Comcast. He looked so healthy. You never know :cry:We were lucky to see Dennis in Lake Tahoe at a golf tournament back in the early 90's.He was so nice to have his picture taken with us when we told him we were fans of MV and his character Lombard :thumbsup:Eingefügtes Bild

My favorite gangster in Miami Vice........Lombard, gone so suddenly! :cry:Not only was he a favorite for us fans but Sonny & Rico seemed to enjoy his company as they guarded him and learned how to make great spaghetti sauce. It appears he was liked by everyone he worked with. May he rest in peace, with God!

I was also very saddened and shocked to hear about Dennis Farina's passing. I have always liked Dennis Farina & have always loved his character of Albert Lombard. He was the very BEST at what he did and it showed in the dedication to ANY role that he played. LOMBARD has always been & will always be my FAVORITE Miami Vice episode.R.I.P. Dennis Farina!! You will NEVER be forgotten!!

I saw this earlier today...so very sad :cry: and I was somewhat shocked :eek: as I didn't even know he was ill or in the hospital.I was also surprised to learn he was not all that much older than DJ and PMT...as he was only 69--Don Johnson is 63 and Philip Michael Thomas is 64. I figured Farina to be at least in his upper 70's by now.He was a superb actor in many things, though he will always be my favorite villain (though not so villainous) from "MV" and he will be sorely missed! May he rest in peace with God! :cry: