Al Lombard is Dead!

Ferrariman

He didn't even get a banner announcing his passing on IMDb but they gave a banner for that smackhead from Glee. WTF? That's a disgrace

I guess good taste and good sense is a foreign concept in this day and age, especially given that was a self inflicted death of just a 20 year old with one big show under his belt, vs someone who's done alot of great things like Mr. Farina.and not only that but he actually served the public as a cop back in his day during a very nasty and dangerous time for cops.hmph just like that guy Sonny talked to about him in Lombard, he was a real standup guy in real life.

I loved him as Mike Torello on Crime Story.Also on L&O in later seasons, think he also tookover Unsolved Mysteries after Robert Stack died.R.I.P.

I heard the news on NBC News last evening.I was sad to hear about it,he was very good in Miami Vice and among other things.Tonight I watched "One Eyed Jack" and "Lombard" back-to-back in his honor.RIP Dennis Farina.You will not be forgotten by us fans here!

I guess good taste and good sense is a foreign concept in this day and age' date=' especially given that was a self inflicted death of just a 20 year old with one big show under his belt, vs someone who's done alot of great things like Mr. Farina.and not only that but he actually served the public as a cop back in his day during a very nasty and dangerous time for cops.hmph just like that guy Sonny talked to about him in Lombard, he was a real standup guy in real life.[/quote']Not only did he serve as a cop for real during a possibly nasty and dangerous time for cops...If I remember correctly he served in Chicago no-less, and survived! :eek: That's practically the founding city for "dirty"/corrupt cops, gangsters, crime, etc... But, Dennis Farina rose above that and became a true and respected actor and person! :clap:

RIP Dennis.Brilliant actor in all roles I have seen him.Never new he was areal cop until an article I read a while ago in Cigar Aficionado.Has been a sad few weeks with James Gandolfini, the British comedian/actor Mel Smith and now Dennis.

He didn't even get a banner announcing his passing on IMDb but they gave a banner for that smackhead from Glee. WTF? That's a disgrace

Well said Tommy. That is a disgrace.

Not only did he serve as a cop for real during a possibly nasty and dangerous time for cops...If I remember correctly he served in Chicago no-less' date=' and survived! :eek: That's practically the founding city for "dirty"/corrupt cops, gangsters, crime, etc... But, Dennis Farina rose above that and became a true and respected actor and person! :clap:[/quote']Actually from what lifeguard was telling me alot famous or well known people came to there, some good, some bad and they really didnt originate from there, just came there for a point or two, so it was more like a waypoint for people, some good, some bad than a center of crime.but its had its ups and downs like anywhere else, honestly though after what Lifeguard has been telling me I think Boston is far worse than Chicago ever was, especially given what I know about the Whitey Buldger case and the books I've read about it.one called enforcer comes to mind about Whiteys rival that he was ratting on in the 1980'sbut still I dont mean that in such a way to diminish his accomplishments, I'm just kinda shocked to learn I had it wrong and backwards in that regard.

The Glee actor's death is obviously tragic and terrible and may he rest in peace too, but it was a preventable and unnecessary death caused by heroin use. He should've realised the fragility of life.Dennis Farina served the public as a cop then had a great acting career. He deserved recognition and should have had a banner too. I think Dennis is now arresting John Santucci in the next life.

I used to watch Crime Story with my pop. R.I.P.' date=' Mr. Farina.[/quote']I loved the first season of Crime Story. Sadly I thought the show kinda lost its way in the second season. But Farina was consistently great.

Really sorry about his passing. Don't know anything about his personal life but I know he was an excellent actor. :cry:

The Glee actor's death is obviously tragic and terrible and may he rest in peace too' date=' but it was a preventable and unnecessary death caused by heroin use. He should've realised the fragility of life.Dennis Farina served the public as a cop then had a great acting career. He deserved recognition and should have had a banner too. I think Dennis is now arresting John Santucci in the next life.[/quote']Indeed.

Last night I was watching Fox News and saw it in the crawl on the bottom of the screen. I thought it was a typo, so I watched to see if it came up again. It did. R.I.P. Lombard :cry:

Very sadAs was said before, he had been looking so great lately with the xfinity ads and all. Played "Lombard's Trial" on my way home from work a couple of times. Vice wouldn't be the great show it is if it hadn't been for his contributions. I applaud his life:clap:,:thumbsup:, and will miss him:cry:.

The news of his death came as a very sad and a very big shock, I had always enjoyed watching movies he was in, Snatch is a movie I really liked him in and of course he played Al Lombard just amazingly and is one of the best villains of Vice.R.I.P. Dennis.

• 2 weeks later...