Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

I think the car is a CR's car and that car has the tank behind the seats. This car has a fuel injected LS motor so it needs a high pressure tank. I believe the old tank was removed and a smaller,prob 8 gal,tank was put in the rear of the car. U see some evidence in the pic of the interior of the trunk. It has a hump in the middle. 

The builder must have wanted to use a rear valence to make the rear of the car look more modern. I can't believe the valance was fabricated just to use that fuel cell. 

The main problem I saw in the pics was the upper windshield frame. You can see a portion of it where it is showing under the fiberglass surrounding the windshield. It looks to me as surface rust. If there is surface rust there then the frame is rusted out. If u zoom in on the pic you will see what I mean. If there is surface rust located on this area then the flat channel is completely rusted out

This is a very common problem with C3 windshields. The way that the CR car fiberglass fits is a major contributor to an already bad issue 

IMG_5475.JPG

18 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

It's been so long I forgot what a C3 fuel capacity is, but if memory serves me I think it was 15-18 gallons. I remember when I had my vette it took about 8 bucks to fill it at 32cents a gallon (sorry young folks to reminisce but YES...gas used to be under a buck at one time)

I wonder how much of the trunk floor was taken up by this fuel cell? If he had used an OEM tank he would have lots of trunkspace for suitcases, golf clubs, dead bodies etc!

Sounds about right on the fuel capacity though I have never driven mine to empty.  Trunk-space? lol...there is barely enough trunk space in mine to fit a very slim, small suitcase and maybe a slim carry on bag...there is really very little vertical space in the trunk. So I always laughed when Crockett was threatening to put Noogie in the trunk in Cool Runnin' because there is no way anyone could fit in my trunk.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

i can't remember, how the tailpipes are on the black Daytona. Maybe they want to cover the tailpipes, if they are as horrific like this ones

Daytona_20.jpg

Edited by Pritt

Yes that is horrible!

The mufflers are supposed to be under the body farther forward ahead of the rear end and the pipes should have a slight 15-20 uplift , not straight out the back! The resonators should only be small expansion chambers not huge mufflers like that!

Not sure if I like the stance of that car either. His front tires are undersized making it look like its constantly rolling downhill

As for the other car I agree with Bigsarg that the LS needs high pressure inlet and return lines as some of those fuel rails need 60-80psi to feed fuel to the injectors thus a regular old school tank will not work with modern technology under the hood. It's not like the old days with carburetors and fuel pumps that only ran at 16psi.

Edited by Stinger390X

Yes, the mufflers are horrible.

This car was offered to me in that time i was searching for a Daytona replica back in the days. It was the cheapest offer i got. No wonder.... :D

I found a actual  picture of this Daytona in the www. The new owner spend some money in a alternative muffler solution.

Well, it's a little bit better, but really just a little bit. The car was for sale again last year for about 31'500 $. Nice prices in good old Europe...

27090337ny.jpg

On 2/17/2017 at 2:28 AM, Pritt said:

Yes, the mufflers are horrible.

This car was offered to me in that time i was searching for a Daytona replica back in the days. It was the cheapest offer i got. No wonder.... :D

I found a actual  picture of this Daytona in the www. The new owner spend some money in a alternative muffler solution.

Well, it's a little bit better, but really just a little bit. The car was for sale again last year for about 31'500 $. Nice prices in good old Europe...

27090337ny.jpg

That's one trippy license plate cover...

So you say this guy has had the car all these years and he still runs those "pedestrian" rims?

It just takes so much away from the car and makes it look like a walmart special with those rims??? Even Centrelines or Cragars would be better if not original Tru-Spokes!

That would definitely be the very first thing I would change!

That's the Flat 12 guy I posted about in "The Last McBurnie?" thread. From the Car Chasers show?

Edited by Dadrian

Car looks pretty good. Exhaust is correct, good dash, almost the correct wheels and even the upholstery is nice.

I HATE THE COLOUR! 

That can easily be changed...

Little pricy for me because I am a cheap gypsy.................................

Edited by Stinger390X

6 hours ago, Pritt said:

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

That's the Flat 12 guy I posted about in "The Last McBurnie?" thread. From the Car Chasers show?

Yep it looks like this is that car. 

Yep ....same guy.  Not a bad looking car.

LOVE the pipes.  Finally somebody gets the angle correct!  Why don't more guys do it that was??

The seats are pretty cool.

Not a fan of the spoke wheels (seem small?) and the two vents above the radio area.

REALLY do not like the fact that the gas goes in the car thru the trunk!  I can only imagine how bad the trunks carpet smells of gasoline as some has most likely dripped out of the hose during each filling :(

Those wheels are bolt on spokes rims. You can see the five bolt pattern on the hub. That is why they seem "SMALL" as you put it. They are not tru-spokes with "Knock-off" spinners, but they look close. I didn't count the spokes, but they are very low in number compared to a genuine tru-spoke type knockoff wheel!

I was also wondering about the filling of fuel. If your careful and not spill any on the carpet I suppose it would be ok?

Yes far fewer spokes than the Zenith knock-off wheels used in the Show cars and on mine, And doesn't appear to have the spinners which remove to expose the donut that is used to mount the wheel. Zeniths aren't made anymore but I believe Dayton has some that are comparable.

P1000867_zps47c020b1.jpg

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Good info guys.  So, what does this car end up actually selling for??    $20K ??   Doesn't say anything in the ad about paperwork on the cars maintenance history.   Always a killer IMO

22 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

Good info guys.  So, what does this car end up actually selling for??    $20K ??   Doesn't say anything in the ad about paperwork on the cars maintenance history.   Always a killer IMO

Who knows??? 91 people are watching it and not one bid yet? The price of gas is going up again and it is 20% higher than the same time last year. Inflation is up and you can bet car prices are going to drop in the next six months ...dramatically. Summer is coming and you know the damn oil companies are going to punish us!

Some days I want to put electric motors in my boat...................................................................................................

Here is a nice black one for 29k... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Ferrari-Other-/232247141599?forcerrptr=true&hash=item36130224df&item=232247141599

Same thing...40 people watching and no one is bidding? Seems to me no one is buying right now as many of these are being re-listed over and over again.

Edited by Stinger390X