Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

That EBAY listing was the BIGGEST SCAM I've seen in 20+ years of watching car markets.    He "fake bids" the car up to $89,600 and yet it still did not hit his reserve price? Yeah right :)

And he jumped his "bids" up in $20,000 increments!  I mean come on.   The whole point of this EABY listing was to run it up to some fake high BS price (knowing that he'll never actually find a sucker to buy it at that price).  He'll then relist it somewhere else at a high price and his "validation" for then asking such a high price is 'because it was bid to $89K' on EBAY

Just because I list my 9 year old daughters used bicycle on EBAY and "bid" it up to $65,000 (myself)...... doesn't make it worth $65K !!

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:11 PM, Mvice8489 said:

Here is another Daytona for sale.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5858620746.html

Haven't we seen this one before??

looks like he dropped his price to $35K (from an absurd price of $43k last month).  He needs to drop it another $10k and then it gets interesting.  Sure wish it had AC and did NOT have pop up headlights :(

On 11/25/2016 at 3:34 PM, Stinger390X said:

I know what you mean. I have been looking for over ten years now and keep seeing the same junk being sold and re-sold. I have been keeping track of every Daytona I have ever seen on a puter program of mine and now have 141 on the list. 90% of it is junk or wrong parts like hideaway lights or bad colour combo's or such things. Only about 2-3% are genuine replicas and even less in good shape!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced for a used Vette!

Stinger, Do you have pics of these 2 cars and sold prices? Like to get a better ideal on this car. Thxs 

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:26 PM, Bigsarg said:

Stinger, Do you have pics of these 2 cars and sold prices? Like to get a better ideal on this car. Thxs 

I'd like to see that information also

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:26 AM, Bigsarg said:

I do NOT have the "sold" info but I collect all pics in my files. I do have pics of that black car and like I said before they look similar to the old ones and the new ones. Everything seems to be identical such as headlight covers, marker light locations on the rear quarter panels etc.

Like I said before...a black car is a black car?

Shame about that scam auction on ebay! I'm surprised it went as high as 89k!!!!!!

Sorry for the previous post.   I tried from me cell phone and it didn't work :)

Anyway, Stinger390, I thought you had a large database of these cars.  Do u see this specific car in that database?  

The seller says he bought it on EBAY from a guy in California.  Would've been very early 2013  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, Dadrian said:

Yes!   Not sure why link didn't work for me.  You like that car?  Thinking of offering them $95K and see if they bite

The car loks great. Interior is perfect made. If the engine runs well, this car will be a gun bullet.

Like i wrote some times ago, i dont like this extension near the tailpipe. On picture 4 you can see, that there is something wrong with the door/window/door rubber/doorpanel

If you check this car, take a guy with you, who know exactly the C3 Corvettes. Rust on the birdcage, the windshieldframe or the chassis is known

on a 40 years old Corvette. The price with all the things are done, is OK i think.

Mvice, are you interested?

Edited by Pritt

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Pritt said:

This Volo Daytona is a nice one. Very similar to the MV-Daytona

http://www.volocars.com/vehicles/13773/1986-ferrari-daytona-spyder

NIce ....it does have a lot of similar characteristics to the show cars, most notably the Vette gauge cluster and dash configuration. It looks to be in very good condition as well.

If you notice in the front end nose view, the tires appear to protrude from the wheel wells so a tire downsize might be a consideration. And the headlights seem a bit shifted in their housings...maybe a simple fix. Nonetheless, there are lots of things to like in this car.

This car has been for sale for a few months now.  The top is tan and is in awful shape.  Not a big fan of the interior either.  Not a fan of this car at all.  It's a $18K- $20K car at best

3 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

This guy has dropped his price.....again

Now $29,500

Great looking car.  Just not a fan of that rear valance :(

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5951751932.html

I have that car listed at 43k over a year and a half ago. Same car, same ad...same dealership and photo. Looks like no one is buying?

I went to look at that car but unfortunately I was in Miami late Saturday night and dealer was not open on sunday back then. Spent sunday at the Seminole TS over at hwy 27 and had a good steak dinner at least.