Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

I believe we've seen that one here a couple of time recently (if I'm not mistaken). It's the "something funky with the hood" Daytona :) 

Still a beautiful car! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Dadrian

I see what you mean by "something funky with the hood" Daytona. I've seen a lot of these cars that neeb the hood shimmed. It's not that hard and you use the c3 shims. But none the less you see it a lot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not the first time, this Daytona is on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-365-GTS-4-Daytona-Spyder-Replica-2-door-convertible-/262650936843?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d27373e0b:g:9YQAAOSwmfhX5VSF&item=262650936843

This is a very nice, well made example. I'm not 100% sure, if it's a Roberts car. But i know Mvice8489, wrong color.

Sadley that car has been for sale for over three years now on and off.........

I found a wrecked one in medium blue with real juicy rims!!!They have to go!

I'm afraid to make a bid as the corner signal light is 3 grand and it needs massive glasswork on the front end including the left front fender and re-align the hood. It is definitely repairable but the parts will kill me if I buy it. As I said the rims just have to go and shame on the owner for putting rims like that on such a classic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Ferrari-365-Daytona-Spyder-Kit-car-replica-damaged-wrecked-rebuildable-68-/282202521524?forcerrptr=true&item=282202521524&rmvsb=true

• Like 1

One day Three D Printers will be able to make the Daytona Body and other parts at a price you can afford. Did anyone get that last part?:D

36 minutes ago, Gary1911A1 said:

... a price you can afford. Did anyone get that last part?:D

An a half a tank a gas! :) 

On 10/9/2016 at 1:35 AM, Stinger390X said:

I found a wrecked one in medium blue with real juicy rims!!!They have to go!

I'm afraid to make a bid as the corner signal light is 3 grand and it needs massive glasswork on the front end including the left front fender and re-align the hood. It is definitely repairable but the parts will kill me if I buy it. As I said the rims just have to go and shame on the owner for putting rims like that on such a classic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Ferrari-365-Daytona-Spyder-Kit-car-replica-damaged-wrecked-rebuildable-68-/282202521524?forcerrptr=true&item=282202521524&rmvsb=true

Ya. With the grill, bumpers, lenses and the all the glass work. New paint and rims. It has no top. Oh and interior redone too. You'll be in it for far more than it's worth. Sadly to say, but the car is good for a parts car. If your good with fiberglass and do all the work yourself, your still in over your head. 

I sure hate to see it wrecked. 

On 7/31/2016 at 6:50 AM, Daytona74 said:

We've got gas station chains here that claim that their top of the line fuel is RON 102... but even that is only five euro cents (six cents U.S.) more expensive than RON 95. I use RON 102 for my daily driver, which has a turbo charged VW engine and I think I notice a difference, albeit marginal.

The real culprit is that they tax the heck out of it here... fuel tax is around three dollars per gallon. Yes, you read that right. 

According to wikipedia, U.S. fuel tax is around 48 U.S. cents per gallon. 

The upside is that our high fuel tax has historically always meant that engines of European cars were by and large more efficient. But it also means that when you run many older U.S. cars here, you pay a fortune on gas.

it might be possible to cut down on the fuel costs by using a modern GM engine, like on this one, which came from a Van of all things

and GM sticks them in alot of things, and vice versa, like this LS4 motor, which came in the cheapest of GM cars you can think of.

and alot of trucks, like the blue bus school busses back in the day used 454 Chevy's and the like, like this is using a 440 out of all things, a motorhome

so it could be possible to find a cheap gas efficient in a small car V8 out of them that would offer alot of power with good gas mileage given your willing to put in the leg work to find something like that, granted I dont know how common something like this is over there, like maybe look for a few wrecked new mustangs or something?

also the C4 corvette had a 4 + 3 system with some of its cars, 4 speeds with a 3 speed overdrive that you actuate manually on the top three gears, thing is though, the faster you go, no matter how fuel efficent it is, your going to use alot of gas,.

so the key would be to find something that runs off of the lowest grade gas you can get and gives you good power because of it, and because we dont get those higher gases, your lowest, is our highest.

also just incase you worried about making car mods and the like, generally in england and california you want to look for a 75 and down conversion, as for some reason that seems to be the magic number with alot of these places,

like the laws for that was made 25 years ago, and they dont realize its time to up it another 25.

as sadly I know of a guy, a retirey who bought a daytona replica, a 76, moved to cali, san diego and was told that he was going to have to put the old engine or one like it back in despite it being a fuel injected motor out of an 84 that was probably better in every single way than the 76 motor, all because it was one year over the exemption time period of 1975.

and as a result of that, after getting his dream car and moving there, he was forced to sell it as he couldnt afford to do that to it.

and that entire place is rigged up that way, as it reads like every horror story I've ever heard from there from being in my two favorite hobbies really.

so that could be a good thing to look out for really, that way you can do whatever the hell you want to it, and wont have the same situation that poor guy was in, as I'm gonna take that story to my grave after seeing and reading that, ill tell you that much.

as what did that guy ever do to them? he didnt deserve that,

Edited by Kavinsky

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:44 PM, Mvice8489 said:

The reserve on this car is $25K.   I find it a little suspicious, though, that the bid jumped  from $20,200 all the way to $25,008 in one fell swoop. Why not raise the bid a thousand dollars at a time?  And it was the same bidder that moved it from $20,200 to $25,008.   I quite frankly think the whole Ebay auction thing is "rigged" and I just don't trust the fake bids.  

My gut says this car will "sell" for over reserve .....but that the car will be back on the market shortly thereafter due to "the new buyer failing to pay" or some other BS reason like that.

Looks like my prediction was correct.  It's back on the market for $24,600.   "Supposedly" it sold 2 months ago on EBAY for $30K+.  Yeah, right!!  The seller seemed to be very sparing with any of the car's paperwork and history.  Hence I walked away 

http://www.bestcarfinder.com/sale-by-owner/turney-mo/ferrari-54489163.html?utm_source=Trovit&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Premium

I have very little faith in Ebay and Amazon and all things internet now.

Got burned badly on Amazon and because they are such a huge company there is little I can do to fight them so I will NEVER use it again under any circumstances.

As for Ebay I have also been burned on a couple of purchases so if I cannot see the car ahead of time or take it for a test drive and a hoist inspection, then I will not even consider buying it or any vehicle for that matter. If I can't put it on a hoist and take off the tires and inspect the brakelines etc etc etc, then the owner is hiding something..

On 10/20/2016 at 1:04 AM, Stinger390X said:

I have very little faith in Ebay and Amazon and all things internet now.

Got burned badly on Amazon and because they are such a huge company there is little I can do to fight them so I will NEVER use it again under any circumstances.

As for Ebay I have also been burned on a couple of purchases so if I cannot see the car ahead of time or take it for a test drive and a hoist inspection, then I will not even consider buying it or any vehicle for that matter. If I can't put it on a hoist and take off the tires and inspect the brakelines etc etc etc, then the owner is hiding something..

Yeah my rule of thumb when dealing with ebay is no less than a 100% and if its lower check it to see if its just a few bad customers that regardless of that, they acted respectful towards, as that tells you so much more about the people that your dealing with than you would ever believe.

as that is the best test of character really, to see how well they kept their cool, kinda like that scene from burn notice from awhile back with the kidnapped kid and the dad really, where when the chips were down he became a completely different person.

although granted I deal with usually sub 200 dollar purchases on there, anything above I prefer to do face to face. and I think the only time I ever touched amazon was to get those tom falconer history of the corvette books to see what I was up against, as literally the only thing I ever trusted them with was the books.

although I must admit this caught my eye the other day lol although blame having this in the background for that one lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o9ZyqBuFkI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Gran-Sport-/282222046958?forcerrptr=true&hash=item41b5beaeee:g:PzcAAOSwZJBYA0zo&item=282222046958

and...... its sold lol but the guy seems to have his place together and he could be worth looking into really.

Edited by Kavinsky

What the hell does "FREE LOCAL PICKUP" mean?

I personally would not walk nor run for a Buick, but I guess he charges you if you want to pick it up and your out of town?

Why do people need to prove their stupid on EBay?

I was driving through Texas last week and on the Interstate there was a sign that said "Free Rest Area One Mile"

As apposed to what????? Pay toilets?          made me laugh...............

Edited by Stinger390X

Well I travel all 48 lower states and have been on every interstate and it says "Rest Area one mile" or whatever. What else is it other than FREE?

I guess Texas has to drive that point home for some reason?

Same thing with that ad for the Buick. So if I pick up the car and I live in the neighbourhood he WON"T charge me?

Beware of scammer!

I follow the listings on many sites for Daytona sales very closely.  While checking today I noticed a black ragtop with square lights-no plexiglass, and gold centred "Turbine" rims. The car was listed for 8800 and after further checking found a second ad for the exact same car and lousy picture!

The first ad was for a guy in Dayton OH then the second ad for the exact same car was in Naples Fl.   However he has a French email address as it is listed as .fr????

Be careful for you guys looking for a Daytona.  I almost bought one a couple years ago and the guy wanted me to send him 7 grand above the asking price upfront for shipping and he would refund the extra. I told him I would like to pick it up in person as I have a dealer plate, and would drive it home. He abruptly hung up on me.

• Like 2

"I follow the listings on many sites for Daytona sales very closely"

Stinger-  What specific sites do you search?  I search many sites and have not come across that scam ad

What is the deal with this yellow Daytona? It sold a month ago for $19500 and now it has been relisted a few times. The new owner listed it the first time for $23500. He relisted again. And, now The seller keeps changing the buy it now price. His price went up to over $100k this morning. Now it like $68k, was $34k at one point and then another price.   This sounds like a scam. His discretion has it driving better than a Ferrari. Really sounds fishy. I had to delete it from my watch list cause I get an email every time he changes the price. If it's not a scam, is someone going to want to deal with the seller after his history with the add? 

Edited by Bigsarg