Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

Gee ...wish I could have been there!

I didn't hear about this until tonight!

Hope you had a good time and was there lots to see there? I've never been to Volo. Is it a dealership or a museum, or a bit of both?

I wish I could have met Swi'

Gee ...wish I could have been there!

I didn't hear about this until tonight!

Hope you had a good time and was there lots to see there? I've never been to Volo. Is it a dealership or a museum, or a bit of both?

I wish I could have met Swi'

It is a bit of both.   Check out their website

http://volocars.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I think this car has been a while in the internet. I don't know if the ad is still actual.

The seats are the most beautiful on this car. I don't like the little pop ups.

Wrong wheels, wrong dash, wrong headlights, but looks good other than that.

It can always be painted..........................black of course!

Edited by Stinger390X

Or Wrapped, although after learning just how much paint needs to breathe I really wonder how long term that solution is.

Edited by Kavinsky

I wouldn't wrap any vehicle that did not have factory paint.

I worked at a shop years ago and we had a downdraft bake booth where you could cook the paint at 170 degrees. This is the closest thing to a factory finish but all aftermarket paint needs to breath like you said.

The new base-clears dry by 2 different processes, The base by evaporation, and the clear by polymerization.

I used to tell customers not to wax the car for at least 3-6 months as this causes solvent creeping instead of evaporation. This "creeping" causes adhesion problems and paint will blister.

If a car with relatively fresh paint is covered with advertising or whatever, when it comes time to remove it, the paint will come off with the glue. It might even peel prematurely at the car wash, I saw it happen to a RedBull Mini just a couple of weeks ago. The guy asked me to do an estimate on his car but I sent him down the street. I don't want nothing to do with that headache!

Edited by Stinger390X

hmm which makes me wonder what is that going to do to Jay's Mcclaren then, he had the thing coated with a plastic coating apparently to protect it.

hell the only reason I know of this breathing thing is I just had the bumper on my car redone and the guy told me about this and not to double car cover the thing like a friend of his did with a 53' Corvette, yes a 53

had an older paint job on it, put double covers on it over the winter and the paint blistered on it, like OH thats gotta hurt! a 53 No less, one of the C1's that I really like. as from 57 to 60 they just seemed less pure and more Juke Box like to me.

unless their using a new kind of paint I'm not familiar with, although I'd be scared to see just how his Orange one is gonna look when that stuff comes off.

hell I gotta wonder if maybe its some sort of synthetic kind of leather like coating, a plastic skin of some sort, like you used to see in the 1990's where someone would put a leather nose cover over the front of their car.

and I only just remembered that as I saw it coming back on the highway the other day, like jesus I havent seen someone doing that in what? damn near 20 years? like it was a fad that died out almost.

Edited by Kavinsky

It's all the same car:

http://www.superchevy.com/features/1410-1972-chevrolet-corvette-ferrari-3654-gts-daytona-spyder-replica/

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/132405/index.html

The owner is: Vince Perazzo, Mahwah, NJ

Why the building year is different - i don't know??? But it has to be the same car.

Edited by Pritt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-daytona/252153572463?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33866%26meid%3Dede3714a31884e25a2b43cac13d883c5%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D252153572463

Why not. It's a Rowley GTC. The fender flares look like they are cut back (or reduce???) That gives the car a narrower look, closer to the original.

Wrong color i know.

Edited by Pritt

Thanks for the lead Pritt.    But u are correct in the fact that it unfortunately is the wrong color.  I also need wire wheels and seats like the MV car (tan/black). 

I guess I should have just bought JN's car  :(

Yeah, buy JNs car. The price is reduced now! The guys in the corvetteforum have no idea... (UBSguy ;) )

Well, the car isn' t cheap, but the price is acceptable. It's the only one with all the options you are searching for.

If you don't buy this car, you have to wait another few years until a car like this is on the market.

Don't forget to make the rust check. Chassis and the birdcage. To check the birdcage take off the kickpanels and take a look in there.

I think he might find that abit hurtful actually, given he had a new engine put in along with an alumiumn radiator, so I'd be surprised if there was anything afoot, after all in his job he does deal with Charletons and drug dealers daily.

I spoke to Volo last Friday and according to their sales guy JN's car had an accepted offer (overseas buyer) pending a successful PPI.  Told him to call me if the deal fell thru.  Haven't heard from him since so I assume it closed.

BTW, I am off to Miami today with a couple buddies!  Heading up to Lauderdale for the boat show

Had a great 4 day weekend in Miami with a couple of buddies and got to cruise Biscayne Bay in their boat. 

Also drove to the marina where Crockett kept his sailboat and got a lot of great pictures.  Got pictures of Sonny's boat slip area with the Freedom Tower in the background.  That is the tower that Crockett's boss, Lt Lou Rodriguez, got shot from in the episode 'The Hit List'.  I'd post them but haven't figured out how to do that stuff yet. 

Also noticed many other local sites that briefly made it onto the show.   Never enough time, though.

Now back to reality

Boy am I jealous!

I wish I could have gone to the boat show!!!!!!!!!

Glad you had a good time. If you want to post pics, an easy way is upload them to a site called "Photobucket" and then you can just link to the "url" of your chosen pic after you click on "add photo" on this site. It's just a matter of cut and paste.

The photobucket place is a good spot to hang all your pics that you want to post as you can group them etc on the site off your own hardrive.

Hope that helps. If you need help give me a shout.

Thanks Stinger.  Yeah, it was a fun trip!  

By the way, I see Volo still shows JN's car on their website.  Given the fact the car supposedly sold 2 weeks ago today, I'm assuming that they just haven't removed it from their web listings yet

http://volocars.com/vehicles/11294/1973-ferrari-daytona-miami-vice-replica

So please keep looking for a Daytona for me!

Can't believe JN's car had the original vette dash????

I would have thought it would have "Smith" Gauges like many of the others I have looked at!

I'm not a fan of the two big circles......................

Honestly I'm the reverse, I prefer that look to the others, as the camera car had a modified dash where it encompassed that and wrapped the area around it in leather to cover up the boxyness of the unit.

but it still was the same unit. just that someone worked their magic to make it look far closer to a C1 corvette rather than a C3.