Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

No it's not Arturo's...

I saw this car over a year ago. Not sure if it's the same vendor but the description is almost per-batum.

If I remember correctly this is a big block auto

Edited by Stinger390X

Both nice cars but I really need the tan/black Daytona seats

No it's not Arturo's...

I saw this car over a year ago. Not sure if it's the same vendor but the description is almost per-batum.

If I remember correctly this is a big block auto

I  e- mailed  the seller but I got this complete scam message returned to me.

"Hello,

Due to the high volume of internet scams, i will send the car to your home address COD ( CASH ON DELIVERY ).

The reason I selling the car at this price is because i have to pay a lot of money for registration here in Portugal.

The car is here in my garage in Portugal.

I can send the car to your home, transport will take approximately 19 days.

As soon you receive my car you will be able to transfer your name in the title to your local DMV.

I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it.

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND WE WILL TALK ALL DETAILS.

Thanks"

WTF ?????

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I can't believe that scam is still around?

A couple of years ago I was sitting around reading a truck trader magazine and saw a Ford dually, 4 years old and in good shape. It was in Scarboro which is a short drive away and only $5500 bucks to boot. I called the guy and said I would be there in a half hour with the cash and he said the truck was in PA and would have to be delivered. I asked him why he said the truck in the ad was in Scarboro? He gave me the same bussh!t about paying for delivery and I would be reimbursed for the rest?

I can't believe people are still falling for these scams!!!!!!!

I looked at my notes and that exact car was for sale in the U.S three years ago with the identical writeup. It was a big block automatic and he cried about how much he spent on the interior upholstery. Such a shame that a car that nice is being used in a scam.

Edited by Stinger390X

Yeh your correct!

So what's all the to-do about COD and shipping stuff? I met Arturo personally and he's not all bad.....

I don't believe he would do this internet scam thing as it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to obvious?????

I was not aware that Arturo had a Rowley in his possession? He had a couple of McBurnies and one no name with bad gaps and flares.

Edited by Stinger390X

the old flytrap, see something beautiful in the classifieds, and get pulled into something that's too good to be true where the money disapears without due checks and processes, hell I wonder if they use this to launder drug money.

and there is nothing more evil than playing with someones hopes and dreams, as I had a nasty thing happen with some stupid GM sponsored giveaway that was designed to pull people in to me recently, with some oh you have won a choice of a car or 15 Grand large thing.

showed up and it was some thing where you went to a website to see if you could will a million, as the number for the wining the car thing was different from mine, even though it said it was supposedly the same, and it had a scratch ticket with it, no dice either time with winning and they had a consulation prize, some seven dollar thing you could select if you didnt win anything to keep you sweet

and even after sending the damn thing to my home adress they wanted the damn adress again, so it was some mailing list bullcrap that was separate from the GM database

hell you wonder why my venom was suddenly high at GM when I discovered they deleted that key X brace from the corvette for the C2 and C3 thats caused all the frame problems with the wields coming undone in the car thread, that's why, what a way to remind me of how much better VW has treated me GM.

as I thought maybe you were finally gonna make up for how many damn times I had to take that olds 01' in for repair on payday back around 06 to 07, NOPE!

the same car they admited to designing to fall apart at 80K miles in 2005 in the business investors daily FYI, thing fell apart at 30 K not 80 lol an olds intrigue, hell the 96 Ciera wagon that replaced it actually held together quite nicely though lol

just couldnt get the parts sadly and they really gimped me on basic repairs and missed key ones at the same time too, I think the car went in 3 times before I switched it for a VW.

Inspection, water pump failure, and then a cracked rear drum brake, all of which should have been picked up during inspection I reckon.

and I seriously wanted mr peacock to walk in and give them the british finger for what they did with that giveaway thing.

Edited by Kavinsky

Yeah, they n

Never saw this car on the market. Need some more pictures. But it looks really well made.

Did JN sold his car?

Yeah, they need more interior pictures of that yellow car.    I've E mailed Volo twice, as well as sending them a text, asking if JN's car for sure was sold.   But they still have not responded to me....which frankly I feel is a bit strange.

international shippings abit of a pain in the ass, so there's probably alot of paperwork and groaning flying around volo right now concernting the car I would wadger.

as its going to have to go through the port of New York on the East Coast From GA, then to some place in England, and pass inspection and the MOT's, not to mention shipping inssurance, its not just somebody delivering a car to someones house.

you could actually contact JN directly and see if you can get an answer from him.

and as to why I know its going to england, the only international buyer who would be keen on a complete car at this moment is the guy who was going to build one that Sonny Pissed off, to the point where he left.

and he mentioned England and getting the car ready for their more than a few times.

Edited by Kavinsky

Frankly I do not like that yellow car at all!

Wrong wheels, no flares (I know the original Daytona didn't have them either, but I like the flares on McBurnie's)

The only upside is a newer engine so it might pass emissions testing????????????????? Who knows?

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe JN's car had the original vette dash????

I would have thought it would have "Smith" Gauges like many of the others I have looked at!

I'm not a fan of the two big circles......................

I've come across a nice looking replica that has the authentic Ferrari Daytona looking gauges.  It also has 'side vents' to the immediate right of those gauges (similar to the  pictures below) vs the Corvette looking gauges/dash

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201205/ferrari-365-gts-4-da-15_1600x0w.jpg

http://atspeedimages.com/image.php/28f590f4-f15a-11dc-d9a9-0019e3f8e432/branded/ferrari_daytona_dashboard.jpg

Honestly I never knew of the difference.   What are the pros and cons of each?  Is one preferred over the other?

Well the wiring is stock on the corvette one so you already know what everything does, as Sonny Burnett on his mcburine has had abit of trouble figuring out what everything does and is linked to with his mcburnie dash

the little green and red lightbulbs there in particular, the ones that look like they belong on the bridge of the 1960's enterprise

plus the way the dash was formed took the square profile of the insturment cluster and wrapped it roundly in leather, and redid the gauges, the logo and the speedo in particular but still used the same basework of the corvette insturments for the camera cars.

its just that GM used circles for the insturments including the ones in the center console, but didnt bother rounding the unit for the speedo and tach, which was something the replicas did do.

Just the original gauges have a value of thousends of Dollars. Do you have more pictures of this car Mvice8489?

The car has not officially been listed for sale so, out of respect for the owner, I shouldn't post pictures yet at this point. 

When you say 'original gauges' do u mean Ferrari or McBurnie ones? 

The gauges are VDO.    What are those exactly??

VDO is a private company that makes aftermarket gauges of all kinds. They are mostly for Marine as I do a lot of modifications on customers boats at the marina and order them often as replacements in consoles on boats. They are of exceptional quality and are also very decorative as they come in different anodized settings however they are very expensive.

The automotive use of VDO is quite common as they are very dependable speedometers and tachometers for automotive use and quite accurate as well. many aftermarket uses such as the Daytona use them as they have a good reputation and look cool!

I think they look much better than the two big circles that are common on the Vette dashboards. VDO separates the oil pressure and water temperature from the centre of the speedo gauge from the factory. Having all the gauges separate is much better for viewing than depending on "idiot lights" for the oil and coolant.

Hope that answers your question.

Stinger-

That perfectly answers my question.  Thank you very much!

The car has the Daytona style wheels similar to these:

http://www.diecast-utopia.com/images/ferrari-daytona-big-2.jpg

I much prefer the Borrani looking wheels as those are obviously what Crockett had on his car.  Where can I get those?

Supposedly the size is  225/60R15   8 inch rim

Thanks again