Miami Restaurants & Bars

airtommy

Yes it is, fortunately it's in the SoBe protected zone.  Kudos to Barbara Capitman and the MDPL.  Without them there would be high rises all along Ocean Drive and SoBe.

Fire Station Number Four, 1000 S. Miami Ave, Miami, was in Better Living Through Chemistry and To Have and To Hold.  It is now a first class restaurant called (believe it or not) Delores, but you Can Call Me Lolita.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

On September 17, 2016 at 2:54 PM, miamijimf said:

Fire Station Number Four, 1000 S. Miami Ave, Miami, was in Better Living Through Chemistry and To Have and To Hold.  It is now a first class restaurant called (believe it or not) Delores, but you Can Call Me Lolita.

Good one!  I'm not going to mention "To Have and To Hold" until it is confirmed.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually had a cuban sandwich on Espanola way in Miami Beach called Havana 1957,  Just by where Tubbs, Crockett and Trini had that lunch meeting in the pilot!    I couldn't believe I was That close!

Here's a picture of What I had..

FB_IMG_1501438785281.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jenny said:

I actually had a cuban sandwich on Espanola way in Miami Beach called Havana 1957,  Just by where Tubbs, Crockett and Trini had that lunch meeting in the pilot!    I couldn't believe I was That close!

FB_IMG_1501438785281.jpg

Fantastic - they also serve a great Cuban at La Sandwicherie off Washington - now swamped by the Walgreens there - did you manage to eat there also Jenny?:hippie:

4 minutes ago, jenny said:

Ummm, I don't know.     Washington and What?   It was last year when I went.    

Washington and 14th its located:hippie:

• 7 months later...
On 7/30/2017 at 2:20 PM, jenny said:

FB_IMG_1501438785281.jpg

I’ll be hitting this place for sure when I’m down there in May. Thanx for posting that pic. Now that’s all I want lol.

Edited by ZAQ 178
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 9:21 PM, ZAQ 178 said:

I’ll be hitting this place for sure when I’m down there in May. Thanx for posting that pic. Now that’s all I want lol.

I know!    I should make me one this Sunday! They are easy to make!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 2:11 AM, jenny said:

I know!    I should make me one this Sunday! They are easy to make!

Sounds cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I want this Cuban sandwich again. I cannot find anyplace that serves good Cuban food in NH and no place around serves Cafe Cubano/Cuban coffee near me. Just plain crap. Guess I’ll have to move to Miami, but a yacht, alligator and live the dream lol.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Damn, I want this Cuban sandwich again. I cannot find anyplace that serves good Cuban food in NH and no place around serves Cafe Cubano/Cuban coffee near me. Just plain crap. Guess I’ll have to move to Miami, but a yacht, alligator and live the dream lol.

Or learn to make it all yourself through trial and error. I’ve almost got the coffee down. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Alright Dadrian, what coffee do you use and how do you make It? I could learn to do this! Any tips would be appreciated! However, it’s not quite as cool as ordering one while in Miami!

3 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Alright Dadrian, what coffee do you use and how do you make It? I could learn to do this! Any tips would be appreciated! However, it’s not quite as cool as ordering one while in Miami!

No, definitely not as cool! :) 

Just do a YouTube search on “how to make Colada coffee” or “How to make Cuban coffee”.

There are many different ways, but the Bustelo brand is the best to me.

Edited by Dadrian
  • Thanks 1

Is this what you buy Dadrian? I just bought the coffee maker (the one you put on the burner) so I’m gonna do this! I did as you suggested and watched how to make Cuban coffee on YouTube. Seems easy enough.

B32F8CA2-7B81-43E5-840E-B0809F48456C.png

4 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Is this what you buy Dadrian? I just bought the coffee maker (the one you put on the burner) so I’m gonna do this! I did as you suggested and watched how to make Cuban coffee on YouTube. Seems easy enough.

B32F8CA2-7B81-43E5-840E-B0809F48456C.png

That’s the brand, but unless you plan on using a lot every day, buy a smaller jar to ensure freshness is maintained. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Thanks pal!:thumbsup:

ZAQ178 you should, if possible, post some more restaurant / food photos here on this thread from your recent vacation to Miami Beach and South Florida or did you post them all?

Edited by Matt5

Lol, Matt, I just realized going through my photos that I didn’t take any photos of food except that Cubano. I took plenty of pics of the drinks we had at bars though :cheers:

This photo btw was my first time having Cuban coffee. We were at Moreno’s on Collins. It was a memorable moment for me for sure.

6977572F-2CF9-4A79-A4CA-FCC55046F3EF.jpeg

F9046EA0-3A73-4F0F-B272-7F46937E6EB6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Lol, Matt, I just realized going through my photos that I didn’t take any photos of food except that Cubano. I took plenty of pics of the drinks we had at bars though :cheers:

This photo btw was my first time having Cuban coffee. We were at Moreno’s on Collins. It was a memorable moment for me for sure.

6977572F-2CF9-4A79-A4CA-FCC55046F3EF.jpeg

F9046EA0-3A73-4F0F-B272-7F46937E6EB6.jpeg

Great man - really good to see! I look forward to checking out (Izzy) Moreno’s myself for sure!:hippie:

• Like 1