Miami Restaurants & Bars

airtommy

28 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

great news people. after the bigfish blow, that raises my morale up a little bit :)

If you go, just be aware that you are in a very bad part of town, and that at least one person may ask you for money, food, or God knows what else. One man even got arrested as I ordered a colada one afternoon, but we were right back the next day—the coffee was that good.  :hot:

F7C9703D-543E-4913-A334-0CD4C66A1E94.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, airtommy said:

5600.png.bbb3b7f7d40865d1eafb1666a2d6cb74.png

The car showroom we see in the opening montage was at 5600 Biscayne Blvd.  It is now Andiamo Pizza.  They've been there for nearly 20 years, so the food must be good.

http://andiamopizzamiami.com/

https://goo.gl/maps/MEpDMBhKJTR2

You can get this shot pretty much the same as you could in 1984 minus the Rolls’s ! :cheers:

On 1/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, miamijimf said:

Great Jim. When you go in this place they are very aware of the Miami Vice history and where Don sat exactly in “Freefall” (of course we know that! :))

• Like 2

If you're in South Beach and want a snack in between meals, the true Vice fan heads to the Dunkin Donuts at 1606 Alton Road to get coffee & doughnuts (with sprinkles!) and then walks over to Lincoln Road Mall to enjoy them on a bench.

:)

Hit_List21.png

donut.png.965cba5d59ef6d6d3caeede537083eac.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Updates:

• I had listed Howie Wong's restaurant at 8001 Biscayne as "exterior only" but of course they filmed 3 scenes inside.  It was a pizza place recently but it is currently closed.
  • Gol Italian is now Capri New Style

• 3 months later...
On 5/21/2016 at 12:48 PM, miamijimf said:

From Heart of Darkness   La Carreta Restaurant, you see the exterior only, 3632 SW 8th Street, Miami.  Still there and good Cuban and US food.  There is another one on Bird Road in the SW Section.

How is La Carreta?  In some old notes of mine I had marked this restaurant in case I need to eat a quick bite near the airport.  I looked at the menu and it's pretty cheap by Miami standards.  Is it reasonable quality?

10 minutes ago, airtommy said:

How is La Carreta?  In some old notes of mine I had marked this restaurant in case I need to eat a quick bite near the airport.  I looked at the menu and it's pretty cheap by Miami standards.  Is it reasonable quality?

Excellent food, service etc, I was at the La Carreta last Jan.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 11:50 PM, airtommy said:

If you're in South Beach and want a snack in between meals, the true Vice fan heads to the Dunkin Donuts at 1606 Alton Road to get coffee & doughnuts (with sprinkles!) and then walks over to Lincoln Road Mall to enjoy them on a bench.

:)

Hit_List21.png

donut.png.965cba5d59ef6d6d3caeede537083eac.png

Good advertising for Dunkin Donuts!! Especially the picture of the half eaten one with sprinkles lying next to the gun!! :)

On 7/23/2019 at 4:32 AM, mjcmmv said:

Good advertising for Dunkin Donuts!! Especially the picture of the half eaten one with sprinkles lying next to the gun!! :)

You can still get that donut today.:cheers:

2 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

You can still get that donut today.:cheers:

LOL! 

Trying to find names of Miami restaurants back in the 90's that were on the water and near the Miami marina. I looked at the thread for "Miami Travel", but didn't find what I was looking for. Any suggestions? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjcmmv said:

LOL! 

Trying to find names of Miami restaurants back in the 90's that were on the water and near the Miami marina. I looked at the thread for "Miami Travel", but didn't find what I was looking for. Any suggestions? 

If you're dedicated and want stuff for a particular era, try ABE Books and look for travel guides published in the year you're researching. You might find some dirt-cheap, and those things can be hard to beat if you're trying recreate a specific year or period.

I just found 9 from the period between 1990 and 1992, and a couple look like they'd be pretty solid sources.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

If you're dedicated and want stuff for a particular era, try ABE Books and look for travel guides published in the year you're researching. You might find some dirt-cheap, and those things can be hard to beat if you're trying recreate a specific year or period.

I just found 9 from the period between 1990 and 1992, and a couple look like they'd be pretty solid sources.

Thank you! That's a big help!! 

17 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

LOL! 

I’m not sure of any really. There weren’t many at Miamarina.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

LOL! 

if you find some please share. a restaurant on the Miami river is something unvaluable

• Like 1

"Golden Triangle" made extensive use of Ma Kao Restaurant at 8001 Biscayne Blvd.  

vlcsnap-2019-12-17-21h55m40s301.png.7cd8ed49155e3f145c3601c26fe6e407.png

A new Italian restaurant has opened there called Sottosale.

https://www.sottosalemiami.com/

I ate there and it was unbelievably good.  I can't wait to go back.  Chef Ivo Mazzon built a great reputation previously at Joey's in Wynwood.  You can see Joey's listed here as one of the best pizzas in Miami:

https://miami.eater.com/maps/miami-best-pizza-guide-map

Notice that DanJ's favorite spot Steve's is #1.  But look at what is #2:  Andiamo

https://andiamopizzamiami.com/

Andiamo is located in the building we see in the opening montage as a Rolls Royce dealership.

vlcsnap-2019-12-17-16h41m35s015.png.d4d2b6448c68508915de0734f167787d.png

P1010510.thumb.JPG.71283308b4311a60eb926827725cbf11.JPG

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, airtommy said:

"Golden Triangle" made extensive use of Ma Kao Restaurant at 8001 Biscayne Blvd.  

vlcsnap-2019-12-17-21h55m40s301.png.7cd8ed49155e3f145c3601c26fe6e407.png

A new Italian restaurant has opened there called Sottosale.

https://www.sottosalemiami.com/

I ate there and it was unbelievably good.  I can't wait to go back.  Chef Izo Mazzon built a great reputation previously at Joey's in Wynwood.  You can see Joey's listed here as one of the best pizzas in Miami:

https://miami.eater.com/maps/miami-best-pizza-guide-map

Notice that DanJ's favorite spot Steve's is #1.  But look at what is #2:  Andiamo

https://andiamopizzamiami.com/

Andiamo is located in the building we see in the opening montage as a Rolls Royce dealership.

vlcsnap-2019-12-17-16h41m35s015.png.d4d2b6448c68508915de0734f167787d.png

P1010510.thumb.JPG.71283308b4311a60eb926827725cbf11.JPG

Yum. Post of the week for me, along with the WLVE location find. You’re having a great 2020 for MV so far, Tommy! :clap:

11 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Yum. Post of the week for me, along with the WLVE location find. You’re having a great 2020 for MV so far, Tommy! :clap:

Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Great pictures 

@airtommy Don’t forget to get into Anchorage Way please.:cheers::)

Edited by Matt5

In "The Big Thaw", Izzy gets stuck in a traffic jam while towing the frozen body.  This was filmed on 121st St at Biscayne Blvd looking eastward.  Steve's Pizza is seen in the top right:

stevespizza.png.80c8de81447920da2164cbadcffae493.png

1083312373_stevespizza(2).png.ccb6511cd358a5d8649aeb6a6fca1dc8.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

In "The Big Thaw", Izzy gets stuck in a traffic jam while towing the frozen body.  This was filmed on 121st St at Biscayne Blvd looking eastward.  Steve's Pizza is seen in the top right:

stevespizza.png.80c8de81447920da2164cbadcffae493.png

1083312373_stevespizza(2).png.ccb6511cd358a5d8649aeb6a6fca1dc8.png

Great airtommy and still there today.