COOPER&BURNETT'S "VICE HOME" PHOTOS

COOPER&BURNETT

I wish I could decorate my house like that, But with two kids and a husband whom just isn't in to the MV style like I am it is a bit hard.But when I dream of winning the lotery (which will be never in real life with the luck we have) I dream of room looking like the one in the pictures of your home and of the pictures of the link below from a dutch decoration tv show. In the picture show you can see how they transformed a room into a MV room. ( if you want me to translate something just ask)http://www.rtl.nl/%28/huistuinkeuken/eigenhuisentuin/huis/%29/huistuinkeuken/eigenhuisentuin/components/2009-2010/huis/09_april/articles/32_clubkelder.xml

Those were some great pictures! I'd like to have that look too. I'm not a proffessional, and did it all myself. I have more ideas that I look forward to doing. I love the use of lights.

Those were some great pictures! I'd like to have that look too. I'm not a proffessional' date=' and did it all myself. I have more ideas that I look forward to doing. I love the use of lights.[/quote']I think you did a terrific job at your house!I personally would love to do more with led lightning but the the good ones are very expensive overhere.

I'm still thinking what to do next. I still want more lights, more plants, and perhaps some kind of big modern art statue.

I liked the picture, 2morgen. I would love to have a room that's got so many plants that it becomes dark, like a jungle, then, hidden from view, there's a wicker chair and small stand for a book, pipe and tobacco. Maybe something that makes the sound of running water... However, my whole reason for writing this was to ask if you have one of those ginormous portable phones.

I liked the picture' date=' 2morgen. I would love to have a room that's got so many plants that it becomes dark, like a jungle, then, hidden from view, there's a wicker chair and small stand for a book, pipe and tobacco. Maybe something that makes the sound of running water... However, my whole reason for writing this was to ask if you have one of those ginormous portable phones.[/quote']Your idea of a room sounds great too!! Somewhere you can hide from the stress off today's world.But to answer your question; No I do not own such a portable phone. But I maybe mistaken here but are you not refering to a picture of C&B?

Quote : Originally Posted by cageyJG I liked the picture, 2morgen. I would love to have a room that's got so many plants that it becomes dark, like a jungle, then, hidden from view, there's a wicker chair and small stand for a book, pipe and tobacco. Maybe something that makes the sound of running water...........______________________________________________________________________________________________________________Hey Cagey JG........you can always put a few palm plants in the bathroom & put a smaller flapper in the toilet tank .... ;):D

Hmm... economy of space and the place where I do my best thinking. I like it. That's also where I was going to put up all my glass blocks (like Castillo's office). Now since I'm planning on moving, project's gotta be on hold.

Hmm... economy of space and the place where I do my best thinking. I like it. That's also where I was going to put up all my glass blocks (like Castillo's office). Now since I'm planning on moving' date=' project's gotta be on hold.[/quote'] I do my best thinking & reading there too....it would be cost effective also.....Noogie (our Noogie) installed a glass block wall in his bath. Might be worth a shot!

Great job on the lighting, Coop. I like how it makes it unnecessary to paint walls that are white. You just leave them with the "base white" shade, and then after dark, you light 'em up, and enjoy the color. Nice :thumbsup:.

Great job on the lighting' date=' Coop. I like how it makes it unnecessary to paint walls that are white. You just leave them with the "base white" shade, and then after dark, you light 'em up, and enjoy the color. Nice :thumbsup:.[/quote']That's right! I learned it from..........MIAMI VICE!

That's right! I learned it from..........MIAMI VICE!

That's a neat way to change your color scheme without all the mess of re-painting! :thumbsup::clap:

That's a neat way to change your color scheme without all the mess of re-painting! :thumbsup::clap:

Yep! VICE taught me that!I have about 6 colors that I can change anyway I like. Sometimes, the color works in the day, if the drapes are drawn.

Great job with the lights Coop! :clap:They really add even more Vice flavour to the place.I like this

Eingefügtes Bild

makes me want to walk down the stairs shouting "Who is this guy?" :)And I also like that in your home you included a bit of the X-Files too! :glossy:

Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks!I plan on adding more strategicly placed lights in the future.

LED runs ? Ive seen some really nice controllers for randomizing some of the patterns....Fogged glass panes work very well for that effect....the color change is so slow that you're about 3 swigs into a Lowenbrau before you notice the bar you just placed your bottle on is now GREEN...not YELLOW....and so on...

LED runs ? Ive seen some really nice controllers for randomizing some of the patterns....Fogged glass panes work very well for that effect....the color change is so slow that you're about 3 swigs into a Lowenbrau before you notice the bar you just placed your bottle on is now GREEN...not YELLOW....and so on...

I have those already.I have some new ideas. :baby::cheers:

I have nearly 30 cases of Decora Glass Block (8x8x4's), and some sets that are 12x12x4 for a future project...accent wall / bar etc.....About a year ago, Home Depot was closing them out for in-store sale (now sold via special order only at HD) and picked them up for under $2 per blockI've hand-built a few test wall stacks and did the indirect LED light wash effect....very cool.....

I have nearly 30 cases of Decora Glass Block (8x8x4's)' date=' and some sets that are 12x12x4 for a future project...accent wall / bar etc.....About a year ago, Home Depot was closing them out for in-store sale (now sold via special order only at HD) and picked them up for under $2 per blockI've hand-built a few test wall stacks and did the indirect LED light wash effect....very cool.....[/quote']Show us pictures!I will do that someday. Would have liked to pay as little as you did!Set 'em back up, and send pictures!