MY NEWEST CROCKETT BLAZERS

COOPER&BURNETT

I think the lavender shirt with the new jacket looks the best. It might be the cut of the shirt that makes me say that though' date=' because I actually like the bluish-grey too. Although that shirts look is a bit more mafia or russian. That's a guys opinion though. Maybe a woman's opinion would be of more help.[/quote']I agree with what you have said. Honestly, the lavender shirt is such a great color, I'm saddened that it doesn't look as great in these photos as it does in real life. It is such a great color. As a guy, I honestly like wearing lavender, lylac, and pastel pink as much as I like wearing different shades of blue. None of my buddies like wearing pink or lavender, but believe me.......the ladies like guys that wear colors (unless your in the hood or something). Women like seeing guys wear something other than white and black.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Pandina

• Richie Rich

• JSCrockett

Eingefügtes BildLight lavendar

I should re take this photo to show you the color of the shirt. It's such a great color. The photo makes it look more white than lavender. The bottom of the shirt in the photo shows more of the lavender color.

Hi Cooper&Burnett,If you want to really get that Vice look going on I'd go for the lavender shirt. But, if you feel a bit subconscious about the blazer, I'd go for the bluish-gray shirt. It really looks classy that way and people would think, 'wow, this guy really combines his colors well.'Coming from a guy with a very big Vice heart but a keen eye for fashion as well :-)

Hi Cooper&Burnett' date='If you want to really get that Vice look going on I'd go for the lavender shirt. But, if you feel a bit subconscious about the blazer, I'd go for the bluish-gray shirt. It really looks classy that way and people would think, 'wow, this guy really combines his colors well.'Coming from a guy with a very big Vice heart but a keen eye for fashion as well :-)[/quote']Hi! Welcome!You like men's fashion too??Then you will LOVE these two threads!http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1798-COOP-s-SPRING-CATALOG!!!!-(ME-WEARING-MY-VICE-CLOTHES!)http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?905-MIAMI-VICE-CROCKETT-BLAZERS-amp-VICE-CLOTHES-PHOTOSDon't miss my SCRAPBOOK SECTION!-COOP

Yeah, will def check those out as well! By the way, this was one of my fav Crockett outfits. Have you ever managed to track down the blazer or something similar? It stands out so much, I love it.DexEingefügtes Bild

Actually' date=' I kinda really like TUBBS jacket! :thumbsup:[/quote'] That's exactly what I was thinking. The horizontal stripes standing out over the less visible vertical ones looks great.As for Crockett's outfit, that jacket reminds me of a waiters jacket. I don't remember that scene though. The shirt is pretty stylin'. The show had a way of making the gray's look blue/teal.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The horizontal stripes standing out over the less visible vertical ones looks great.As for Crockett's outfit' date=' that jacket reminds me of a waiters jacket. I don't remember that scene though. The shirt is pretty stylin'. The show had a way of making the gray's look blue/teal.[/quote']Some people on this site have called Crockett's outfit "the sailor outfit". I personally don't like the combination of the jacket and shirt together. The scene was from LITTLE PRINCE.I really want Tubbs clothes! Awesome jacket!! :thumbsup:

Some people on this site have called Crockett's outfit "the sailor outfit". I personally don't like the combination of the jacket and shirt together. The scene was from LITTLE PRINCE.I really want Tubbs clothes! Awesome jacket!! :thumbsup:

Eingefügtes BildTubbs' jacket pattern looks different in this shot from the previous photo.

I liked the outfit also from Little Prince that Don was in.I like that episode and outfit was different.Tubbs did look fine also:happy:

Eingefügtes Bild

.... and at that time I forced my husband at our wedding 1987 to wear such a short Spencer like Crockett, because this outfit was so "cool" to me .....:):):)Even the stripes had to be! What an omen ..., we are still happily married! :happy: ... only now..., he fits into no more ;) !

I actually have to a short and normal length jacket with similar stripes and colors. I also have a similar shirt. I will try to post it in my thread when I start wearing my Crockett clothes. Still too cold :(

Wow, cool! As for the other comments on the outfit, I too always thought it looked like a waiter's jacket. But then again, Crockett is wearing it, so it makes it extra stylish.. I dunno. Tubbs' jacket is very nice as well! Have always loved the double-breasted blazers. Very hard to find nowadays.

• 1 month later...

Guys....would YOU wear the striped jacket in public if you owned it?Just curious?Eingefügtes Bild

Sure that is wearable.Given the relatively dark jacket I'd match it with white trousers. An alternate would be to pick up on the yellow stripes in the jacket and wear the palest lemon coloured linen trousers you can find.I'd pick up on the light blue colour in the vertical stripe that comes from under the lapel and touches the jacket pocket for the top. I'd select as close to that colour as I could in a tank top to wear under the jacket.For shoes I'd go with the lilac boat shoes (al la "Heart of Darkness" or "The Great McCarthy").You tend to wear clothes that are too big for you in your photos, don't be afraid to wear your tops and trousers well fitted.

I would but you´d be watched in germany for that.And no girl friend I knew or know would go with me in that for sure I fear.

I would but you´d be watched in germany for that.And no girl friend I knew or know would go with me in that for sure I fear.

Sounds like Germany needs to come out of the cave!

You tend to wear clothes that are too big for you in your photos' date=' don't be afraid to wear your tops and trousers well fitted.[/quote'] Nope. They are all my size, 42r. Perhaps it's just the casual styling of the makers clothes. These style of linen clothes are not made like a suit jacket. They are intentionally made to be a bit more roomy, and less confined. It's casual. Sometimes, they have padding in the shoulders, which many jackets in the 80s had, which can add to the effect.My suits, on the other hand, are tailor made, and perfectly fitted.-COOP

Nope. They are all my size' date=' 42r. Perhaps it's just the casual styling of the makers clothes. These style of linen clothes are not made like a suit jacket. They are intentionally made to be a bit more roomy, and less confined. It's casual. Sometimes, they have padding in the shoulders, which many jackets in the 80s had, which can add to the effect.My suits, on the other hand, are tailor made, and perfectly fitted.-COOP[/quote']Coop, sorry I should have been more specific in my comment, it's mostly the tops I'm commenting on, ie the T shirts or tanks, etc, not the jackets.Especially with a "boxy" or "roomy" style like those 80s jackets you need a really well fitted top underneath IMO. If you take a look at DJs outfits the tank/T/top is almost always very fitted.I was interested in your thoughts on my colour comments in reply to your question?

Coop' date=' sorry I should have been more specific in my comment, it's mostly the tops I'm commenting on, ie the T shirts or tanks, etc, not the jackets.Especially with a "boxy" or "roomy" style like those 80s jackets you need a really well fitted top underneath IMO. If you take a look at DJs outfits the tank/T/top is almost always very fitted.I was interested in your thoughts on my colour comments in reply to your question?[/quote']I think your color choices are fine. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing lemon colored pants though, but it would work.I understand what you are saying about shirts being fitted. I see what you are seeing in the photos. However, again, the shirts are not too big. What you are seeing is me pulling the shirts up a bit from the pants to make it more comfortable to move around the waist. It's not like how DJ wore shirts to look sharp for TV, but in the real world, if I don't give the shirts a little slack, sitting down in a car, or moving around at all is not comfortable if there isn't a little "wiggle room". It doesn't look great in photos, your right. I'm just used to giving a little more room, but the shirts are pretty much fitted, and are not too big. I'm just trying to make it feel more comfortable in the real world. If I tucked shirts in for photos, you'd see they are my size. Good eye.-COOP

• 6 months later...

Heh, half of Miami started dressing that way when the show was on as I recall. Thin white pants and thin pink shirts were everywhere. I went to boot camp in February wearing that stuff 'cause it was almost all I owned anymore and that was in Great Lakes Il. Froze my butt off too.

Heh' date=' half of Miami started dressing that way when the show was on as I recall. Thin white pants and thin pink shirts were everywhere. I went to boot camp in February wearing that stuff 'cause it was almost all I owned anymore and that was in Great Lakes Il. Froze my butt off too.[/quote']Many people across the nation wore the style. I still do. It's so old, it's new. Young people have no idea what MIAMI VICE is, and think my style of dress is innovative, and cool.This thread is way cool, but I have other threads that show the actual blazers used in the show that I personally own.I have several blazers that I really need to post here to show off, as one of them is just totally bad ass! It is VERY Miami Vice!It's been a while, I need to post my newest jackets.

those blazers looks realy nice' date='I need to buy one for my husband:clap:[/quote']You should see the ones I'm getting ready to post on here. One in particular is waaay cool, and VERY MIAMI VICE like!Keroline, don't forget to check out this thread that has the actual clothes used in the show from my personal collection.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?905-MIAMI-VICE-CROCKETT-BLAZERS-amp-VICE-CLOTHES-PHOTOSAND, me wearing them....http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1798-COOP-s-SPRING-CATALOG!!!!-(ME-WEARING-MY-VICE-CLOTHES!)