MY NEWEST CROCKETT BLAZERS

COOPER&BURNETT

P.S. - You're only wearing the old jeans to demo those other jackets' date=' I hope? They need the right pants for the MV look.[/quote']The worn jeans are part of an outfit that we refer to as "The Bad Timing Outfit".Perfect for riding your Harley, and hanging out in old bars listening to Hank Williams. Dress pants just would not look right. Jeans fit in this situation.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildGood for a trip down ...Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Pandina

• Richie Rich

• JSCrockett

i actually prefer the jeans with the jacket. As much as i love the white pants, they're not terribly practical in the UK lol

What model motorcycle here? Harley Daividson here I know, but what model? I use the web site imcdb.com where you can find all vehicles which have been used for filming. But that site is only three seasons the Miami Vice TV show.

i actually prefer the jeans with the jacket. As much as i love the white pants' date=' they're not terribly practical in the UK lol[/quote'] Exactly. It also shows that you have some style. Wearing an oversized hooded sweatshirt only shows that you follow the crowd. The blazer sets you apart for style sense and coolness.

Exactly. It also shows that you have some style. Wearing an oversized hooded sweatshirt only shows that you follow the crowd. The blazer sets you apart for style sense and coolness.

It shows that you have A LOT of style! :clap:

It shows that you have A LOT of style! :clap:

Right - just look at Coop's pictures and you have your answer. Before '07 I did not realize that this style looked mature and a little more upscale and professional. I had to see pictures like these to realize that this was the type of style I wanted for myself. I went out and got "upgraded", even though I am still looking for that first Armani or Versace to add. I do have a Hugo Boss blazer now, which was a Vice supplier, seen on Crockett. We all change. Thanks and a tip of the hat to this site, and the members, and you too, Coop.

Right - just look at Coop's pictures and you have your answer. Before '07 I did not realize that this style looked mature and a little more upscale and professional. I had to see pictures like these to realize that this was the type of style I wanted for myself. I went out and got "upgraded"' date=' even though I am still looking for that first Armani or Versace to add. I do have a Hugo Boss blazer now, which was a Vice supplier, seen on Crockett. We all change. Thanks and a tip of the hat to this site, and the members, and you too, Coop.[/quote']Your welcome Richie and Pandina! Your good friends. :tasse_prost:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

"Comparison shot" :The Smuggler's Blues jacket is somewhere between a French Blue, and turquoise in color, which is why it is so difficult to find. I have seen turquoise jackets in thrift stores, but the color was just too gaudy and goofy looking to be wearable. I have never seen this color in a store, be it thrift, retail, you name it. I've found a jacket that duplicates yours, Coop. That is a color that looks great with jeans, blue or black dress pants, or even the outfit from SB. That henley from Belk was a great find (*pats self on back*) since it is a match. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

The shirt find was a real winner! Great job RICHIE!! :clap:I couldn't agree more Richie with never having found that color of blazer anywhere. It exists. I've tried so hard thru contacts to get one of the screen worn versions to no avail.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my "ALMOST" The Prodigal Son blazer.Why "almost"? Well, it's very, very close to the one Sonny wore in CLUB DELERIOUS in NEW YORK.So close, that it is virtually the same jacket. Let me explain.This jacket was made by the very same maker that made the MIAMI VICE version. It's the exact same color, exact same maker, exact same shoulder pads, exact same 100% silk fabric, exact same cream lining ....but there are some differences which I will explain.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

This is a modern jacket, based on the 1986 version.The reason this was made slightly different with different modifications, is because it was a variant, in order for it to be sold at BLOOMINGDALE'S, and to be distinguished from the original.This version has a button hole in the lapel, and a chest pocket. The VICE version didn't have these.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

There are buttons on the sleeves, but even though the VICE version didn't have any buttons on the sleeves, I'm fairly certain that there were originally, but they were removed when they shortened the length of the sleeves for Don, because his suit was about two times too large for him, so they shortened the sleeves, and hemmed the trousers. The original would have had a slight slash opening near the wrist where the buttons are, but are not seen on the VICE version due to the several inches taken off the arms. This version has buttons on the sleeves. They are also black and silver buttons, where the original VICE jacket had a one button front closure, and sleeve buttons that were all the same color as the jacket.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

The other slight difference is the little flap vent in the back of the jacket, that the original VICE version didn't have.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Other than those differences, it is the same jacket as worn in THE PRODIGAL SON.Eingefügtes Bild

The 100% silk is the very finest silk I have felt. It's light, very smooth, and feels fantastic to the touch. Very silky! Eingefügtes Bild

Not sure if the lighting is well enough, as I don't have proffessional lighting, but the color is the exact color as seen in the show, I just have trouble lighting it.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Not sure if the lighting is well enough' date=' as I don't have professional lighting, but the color is the exact color as seen in the show ...[/quote']You got it, Coop.You just need to add the super-gigantic he-man shoulder pads, and you are ready for NYC in the summertime.

Very nice Coop.:thumbsup: I bet DJ wore them a size or two larger for the same reason I do. The shoulder holster takes up room under the blazers.

I absolutely love this one!!!:oThe colour is so beautifull. And it almost looks as good on you as on DJ ;)

Your too kind, but clothes look sooo good on DON, I can't compare.The color is wonderful in person. It shows off real good in PRODIGAL SON when they are outside, and the NY cops arrive, and frisk them. It fits very well!Thanks for the kind comment!

You got it' date=' Coop.You just need to add the super-gigantic he-man shoulder pads, and you are ready for NYC in the summertime.[/quote']The shoulder pads are there (built into the fabric), but just not as pronounced when it actually fits on the shoulders, like mine, but it shows off quite a bit when it's off your shoulders because it's too big. :)They did that on purpose. The larger size clothes would not have been a mistake. Your awesome pal!

Very nice Coop.:thumbsup: I bet DJ wore them a size or two larger for the same reason I do. The shoulder holster takes up room under the blazers.

It may be part of the reason Gary.Another could be for TV clothing stylistic reasons. This suit looked much bigger than other clothes he wore. He has worn jackets that have been a bit too big, but in that case, the cuffs, not the sleeves, were rolled up about four inches. With the PRODIGAL SON jacket, the sleeves were actually altered, as were the length of the pants.If I carried a gun, I'd most likely like the feel of a bigger jacket too Gary!

• Administrators

I will admit in some scenes DJ seemed to be "a bit wide" and wearing a larger than normal jacket. We know that he was wearing a gun underneath but I wonder if others picked up on this. ?(It is a question for folks who choose to go armed with a shoulder holster. :radar: