Episode 36 One Way Ticket

miamijimf

44 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Wow, how did you get in there?  That place is very exclusive.

Looking at Matt’s Instagram, his whole life is pretty exclusive. :cheers:

• Like 1

vor 22 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

OK Matt, your next mission is to dig out a brick paver from Anchorage Way and take it home as a souvenir.   :)

And when that‘s done restage the teaser scene on the driveway of Leafy Way -frame by frame :p

Funny guys:cheers:, @airtommy I actually went there in 2011 (photo I posted on this thread) but In 2013 I was refused entry. This year I spent a bit of time there as I was helping a Real estate colleague based in Florida who was selling a unit there. So I had a good few days of visiting the Building. In the early 1980s the Towerside/ Quayside Towers along with the Jockey Club (Made for Each Other, Prodigal Son, World of Trouble)  were the places to be - these days not quite so much it seems.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Some nice ‘Rum Cay’ aka Virginia Key blu ray release screencaps from late September 1985.  From off Arthur Lamb Jnr Rd this stretch of beach was seen also in Season 1s “No Exit” aka Three Eyed Turtle.:cheers::xmas:

5646D810-F35D-4762-955E-8E6D21D95BC6.jpeg

FF813D1D-0B77-42AC-A5B6-560AE74A9B40.jpeg

15EE1F1B-7175-4C1A-A3CE-D46949BBB602.jpeg

• Like 2

These I took in July this year at Towergate Terrace where the teaser of One Way Ticket was filmed - I shared a previous photo in the Like a Hurricane thread. This is the exact place the wedding took place.

In the 4th photo this is where Jan Hammer was standing in front of the smaller bar area with the fireplace behind him.:xmas:

3611BA00-DA6E-4784-90B8-138777561C8B.jpeg

FFFE2386-73F6-4A28-95B3-D3E3FA16FA4E.jpeg

249E993E-EB4A-4018-8F2E-8B570F5ED1CC.jpeg

189B8FE6-70E3-4CFD-9173-BC60DA9A1A31.jpeg

4906AE80-10AA-428A-AC2C-3AEF9738A110.png

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

Unkown location: Faber´s horse ranch

Clues: no neighbors visible, just green around, lots of space, no commercial horse track but practice tracks and stables. The palm alley is along the driveway, Big stables with more than needed (no run down minimal premises). Nice white building structure.

P.S. there is a false Crockett (Bobby Foxworth as double) in the arrest scene, this might indicate the location is far off to bring him there as there are no other scenes with C&T. Tubbs ist most likely doubled as well by Ernie Robinson in this one.

I searched from South Miami to Palm Beach. No find yet.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.02.30.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.03.46.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.04.04.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.04.41.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.04.57.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.05.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.05.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.06.23.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.06.34.png

When you look for horse farms in Fla you normally think of Ocala but Royal Palm trees are rare that far north.  There are several such farms in S. Fla.  Here's one with the right type of trees.  Not saying this is it but searching Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe County, and Palm Beach horse farms may be fruitful if that hasn't already been done.  There are a few in those counties.  https://www.landandfarm.com/property/Paradise_Horse_Farm-1448616/

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

vor 47 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

When you look for horse farms in Fla you normally think of Ocala but Royal Palm trees are rare that far north.  There are several such farms in S. Fla.  Here's one with the right type of trees.  Not saying this is it but searching Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe County, and Palm Beach horse farms may be fruitful if that hasn't already been done.  There are a few in those counties.  https://www.landandfarm.com/property/Paradise_Horse_Farm-1448616/

Thanks, Jim! Interesting lead, but that´s not it (small farm that has already been abandoned due to Google Earth). Interesting that with all the farms I have checked the one you pointed out I did not find and that was the only one with Royal palm trees. I´ll continue searching, but slowly I come to the conclusion that this horse farm is gone ...

• Like 1

Working on the RIB house right now but as I look at these screen captures I saw something that leads me to a certain area. Seems a bit far fetched but I will follow the lead next after another RIB house search. Anyone check out Wellington yet?

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb C Glide:

Working on the RIB house right now but as I look at these screen captures I saw something that leads me to a certain area. Seems a bit far fetched but I will follow the lead next after another RIB house search. Anyone check out Wellington yet?

Yes I checked Wellington yesterday as the white fancy stables are rare and led me there. But I have not been able to find any match. Risk that this farm is gone is getting higher.

• Like 1

I think our best chance is to watch historic aerials or find a horse buff in SFL who can recognize that location even if it’s gone.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Again tried to find one of the three missing locations in this episode (all other episodes in season 2 are fully checked out in terms of all locations found):

1. the horse farm - Rick Bravo remembers that it was "in Miami", but even on historic aerials I cannot find any such big distinctive area. Beyond Stirling Road, the 86 historic aerial does not work. Thus hard to check anything further up north with the blurry 80 aerial. Also I cannot believe that Lauderdale Executive Airport was the only FL location in this episode - they could have filmed that in Opa Locka or Miami Executive as well if they wanted, so I assume there was something else in FL, e.g the horse farm (not found anything yet even on historic aerials) or the gallery.

2. the gallery: I had a significant revelation today. The gallery was located at a two-way fast traffic street with a green hedge dividing both directional lanes and a very green overhang in the background . Both features combined is a very significant street feature that excludes 90% of all streets, even big ones like Biscayne Bvd as there is no green island in between and a green background with overhang trees at the same time. A first check of Miami and Fort Lauderdale at known gallery stretches on historic aerials yielded nothing, but it is a breakthrough. Together with the door pattern (if still existent) we could find it. If the gallery is gone, it will be very hard still. Unless some crew members can remember where it was....

3. the hotel room with the relaying trick telephone. Looks like any South Beach hotel at the time, but the room number 7501 is very high. Usually a seventh floor room would be numbered 3-digit (eg 701), not 4-digit. Big hotel? Not all of them have 7 floors, at least in SoBe. Could be one close to other locations in this episode as this short scene does not justify huge travel. Maybe conveniently filmed at the Alexander Hotel? At least it had 7 floors and lots of rooms.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-03 um 15.26.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-03 um 15.35.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-03 um 15.39.19.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

From 4101 Pine Tree Drive, Miami Beach (the Chevra Shas of Tower 41)   with some nice alternative views we see in this fall 1985 episode.  Primarily the 41st St bridge and Indian Creek Dr.:cheers:

747F1FA6-F273-4479-889B-23F17A2D0E02.jpeg

335FB4AC-5F7E-4CC4-9251-0A5A58F53B0A.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

While we´re still hunting the last 3 unknown locations of this episode (these are the last unknown locations in whole season 2), I thought I post here a memory collection of one of the best locations visually ever: Tommy´s garage, which was in fact a Fina gas station south of the Omni and is long gone. Some pictures are close-ups not taken from the episode.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-07 um 13.57.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-07 um 13.59.42.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-13 um 00.31.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-13 um 00.31.57.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-13 um 00.32.18.png

• Like 2

vor 25 Minuten schrieb C Glide:

Since they filmed in Ft Lauderdale for 1 scene then Las Olas Blvd. would be the most likely spot for the studio.

Checked that already but no find. There is/was no green island in the middle of the road with bushes on the other side.

• Like 1

I will check it out as there always was in the restaurant/gallery section. SE 10th Terrace to SE 6th Ave. Was always restaurants, nightclubs, and art galleries on this strip. Hollywood Blvd in the area Smokey and The Bandit filmed fits the bill as well.

• Like 2

vor 8 Minuten schrieb C Glide:

Just spent an hour flying around 1986 Miami but no luck on the stable.

Welcome to the club. We already checked everything but north of Miami only blurry 1980 aerials work.

I spent time on it when I originally added the episode to my site but have to balance time on searches with progress to the next episode.  I have spent countless hundreds of hours over the last 20 years doing these searches. But it pays off with all the great finds.

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb C Glide:

I spent time on it when I originally added the episode to my site but have to balance time on searches with progress to the next episode.  I have spent countless hundreds of hours over the last 20 years doing these searches. But it pays off with all the great finds.

I know. You won’t believe how much time I spent the last 6 months but we found 50 locations in this timeframe due to an unprecedented systematic effort and improved methods. The last 20 locations left are naturally the toughest nuts with the horse farm and the Ballard house being the biggest mysteries.

The horse farm with stables should be an easy find due to its size and unique shape, but it is nowhere. Even worse the chance is high that it was far up north as many other horse farms and there is no 86 aerial there and the 80 aerial is blurry and might have been too early if it was build later.

As we have optimized our search methods and spent so much time on it while you were gone I just wanted to avoid that you invest more time on the same area that we have checked multiple times since last year.

Cool. I am going to watch it yet again and see if I can find anything new to narrow the search though I doubt it. Clearly a large commercial operation, not a private residence. Metal frame and sheeting buildings on the outside for shade and protection and then the stables built inside with lots of air circulation. I don't recall ever seeing stables exactly like this elsewhere. At least two exercise wheels that would easily be seen from above, along with the ring and palm tree lined drive next to it. Looks like they had set up for different types of training including jumping. Surprised such a big operation would go out of business. Rick claims it was in Miami huh?