What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators

I've loved this song (and movie) for my whole life, since I was about 3 years old. Born with a good taste in music. :) 

Black Box was a late 80s/early 90s Eurodance project.

Despite the music video, the lyrics were actually sung by Martha Wash of the famous Weather Girls.

Martha Wash lent her distinctive voice to various different acts throughout the early 90s, among them also C+C Music Factory with songs like "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)".

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, summer84 said:

80's Italo disco duo. Remixed song. Also known as the "Scratch Version." :radio::dance2:

Happy , fun track - thanks for posting :hippie:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Happy , fun track - thanks for posting :hippie:

Thanks! :) Those kind of songs to me capture the spirit of the 80's the most. :fireworks:  Along with the colorful music video. Nothing like todays music, sounding all depressing.  

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Thanks! :) Those kind of songs to me capture the spirit of the 80's the most. :fireworks:  Along with the colorful music video. Nothing like todays music, sounding all depressing.  

Ahaha - I'd say it sure captured the 80s for sure !

:hippie:

There was a time when Italo Disco produced some of the finest European pop music of the entire 80s.

(the section between 4:22 and 4:50 was my cell phone ringtone for a number of years because it's just so quintessentially 80s synth... :thumbsup:)

Also, while decidedly not one of my favorite Italo Disco songs, does the following song's intro sound like Miami Vice or not... :cool:

(this track came out in mid-1986 if memory serves... with Miami Vice having hit TV screens in Italy in late 1985, it's entirely possible that it was directly inspired by MV and Jan Hammer...)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Assasinge:

Here's an awesome soundtrack from Loverboy: 

Hot contender for music that wasn't used in Miami Vice, but darn well should have been. :thumbsup:

Would have been perfect especially during season 1... cue any old night driving scene in the Daytona through Miami Beach's neon lights, interspersed with some kind of flashbacks... :)

EDIT: Just downloaded this track... this'll go into my "honorary Miami Vice folder" in my car where I keep music like this... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Gente de Zona is a Cuban band which combines reggaeton with traditional Cuban influences and which is enjoying rapidly increasing popularity throughout the Spanish speaking world.

They also shot portions of this video around Miami :thumbsup:

Edited by Daytona74

On 30/07/2017 at 10:35 PM, Daytona74 said:

There was a time when Italo Disco produced some of the finest European pop music of the entire 80s.

I did create an Italo Disco thread but I was the only one who posted in it and felt not one was listening.  :(

Italian Electro from 2001 on a Canadian record label. I love the little shift at 3:39.

This track is off the 1990 album "Romantic?". Their stated goal at the time was to go back to their own roots and do an album like in the old days of New Romantic synthpop. But by 1990, music had moved on and the album's sound was perceived as hopelessly outdated, so it flopped. The album was also thought to be too sterile sounding, due to excessive use of machinery like the Fairlight Series III.

This still isn't a bad song though, IMO. It probably would have been more successful if it had come out in 1983, but still... ;)

Edited by Daytona74