What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

I keep discovering more great songs by Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. The first song I heard by the band was "Gypsy." :radio:

Didn't know  "In 1998, selected members of Fleetwood Mac were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and received the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music."

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

I keep discovering more great songs by Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. The first song I heard by the band was "Gypsy." :radio:

Didn't know  "In 1998, selected members of Fleetwood Mac were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and received the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music."

I've always loved this one, too. Beautiful song, great lyrics, great vocal by Christine, and AMAZING guitar parts by Rick Vito. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I've always loved this one, too. Beautiful song, great lyrics, great vocal by Christine, and AMAZING guitar parts by Rick Vito. :thumbsup:

Nice guitar parts , but why can't we see him play the whole thing instead of 2 notes, then the snow for 20 sec., then 2 more notes. I like to see the musicians play.

14 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Nice guitar parts , but why can't we see him play the whole thing instead of 2 notes, then the snow for 20 sec., then 2 more notes. I like to see the musicians play.

Me, too, Tony, but often times directors have other ideas for music videos. It seems I rarely get to see the parts I want to in videos (or live music). 

Here's a video of someone playing those guitar parts. It's basically correct, but not exactly. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Just heard the song and yes it's really beautiful. :thumbsup:  I guess, I don't pay much attention to whether, I can see the instruments being played, cause usually that's not what music videos focus is on, although it is great to see. I don't know why and have said it before, but I really love the creativity in music videos and feel that's lacking nowadays. I miss how they used to create them.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Me, too, Tony, but often times directors have other ideas for music videos. It seems I rarely get to see the parts I want to in videos (or live music). 

Here's a video of someone playing those guitar parts. It's basically correct, but not exactly. 

Thanks, Dadrian! :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, summer84 said:

This is a nice song :hippie:

17 hours ago, Tony D. said:

It's a great piece of guitar work Tony I agree :hippie:

Long before world music and ethno pop were a "thing", Ofra Haza dominated the German charts - and those of a good number of other European countries - in the summer of 1988 with this remarkable track:

I think I remember reading back then that this track was done almost entirely on a Fairlight.

Ofra Haza later sang very noticeable backing vocals on a re-recording of the Sisters of Mercy track "Temple of Love" in 1992.

Edited by Daytona74

This is the first song from the same album as their only hit ("Captain of Her Heart"). This whole album sounds like some MV party scene music.

100 points to anyone who can name the melody the trombonist quotes in his solo!

Edited by Dadrian

30 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

This is the first song from the same album as their only hit ("Captain of Her Heart"). This whole album sounds like some MV party scene music.

Trombone is playing "Caravan"

59 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Trombone is playing "Caravan"

Tony, I had a feeling you would get that! :) :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Nice Dadrian ! Thankyou for posting :hippie:

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, Dadrian said:

Tony, I had a feeling you would get that! :) :thumbsup:

"Can you name that tune in 3 notes?"........"Caravan" was our big number with my first band in the early 60's. We played the melody, then walked off the stage while our drummer, Richie, played a 3 minute solo. The crowd usually gathered around the band stand & cheered him on.  Then we returned & ended the song. He loved Gene Krupa & especially Buddy Rich!  :radio:

Richie was with all my bands until I moved to Florida in 1997.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

"Can you name that tune in 3 notes?"........"Caravan" was our big number with my first band in the early 60's. We played the melody, then walked off the stage while our drummer, Richie, played a 3 minute solo. The crowd usually gathered around the band stand & cheered him on.  Then we returned & ended the song. He loved Gene Krupa & especially Buddy Rich!  :radio:

Richie was with all my bands until I moved to Florida in 1997.

Great story, Tony. Thanks for sharing. I love all that stuff, too. 

Atrocity are a German heavy metal band. For their album "Werk 80", they recorded cover versions of songs such as "Rage Hard" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood or "Wild Boys" by Duran Duan. Well, and this song. Sounds like they've even kept the Fairlight ARR1, buried under all the guitar riffs... :)

Edited by Daytona74