What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

14 minutes ago, summer84 said:

We have a CD of Gypsy Kings greatest hits and I was actually surprised to hear their music be used on Miami Vice. This genre wasn't really played on the show. 

Yes true and they are good

But hell this was Season 5 every genre was being played on the show at this point - anything goes ! ha ha :hippie::):p

Edited by Matt5

17 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Yes true and they are good

But hell this was Season 5 every genre was being played on the show at this point - anything goes ! ha ha :hippie::):p

I know what you mean. :):p Like music by the Swingle Singers (don't understand the choice of that), Glenn Miller Orchestra and Alan Parsons Project with the song "Paseo De Gracia." They didn't really play much Latin songs on the show.   

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

I know what you mean. :):p Like music by the Swingle Singers (don't understand the choice of that), Glenn Miller Orchestra and Alan Parsons Project with the song "Paseo De Gracia." They didn't really play much Latin songs on the show.   

Some of the Season 1 songs really caught the heat of the show and surroundings like the reggae tracks in "Cool Runnin'" for example

By Season 4 the producers seemed to be favouring more lesser known alternative/ indie rock rather than some of the mainstream used in the first three seasons. However ratings were falling by this time and more than likely budgets so that could have also been a factor !:hippie:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, James said:

If Miami Vice went onto season 6 in 1990?

I think MV by 1989-1990 Season would have gone edgier a bit more rockier keeping on par with Season 5..

13 minutes ago, summer84 said:

:radio:

Great ! Feels like this should have been in Miami Vice .

Of course Gloria's husband , Emilio Estefan, had a very good song featured in the 2006 big screen Michael Mann "Miami Vice" movie :hippie:

15 minutes ago, summer84 said:

:radio:

Hadn't heard this one before. Thanks! :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Matt5 said:

Of course Gloria's husband , Emilio Estefan, had a very good song featured in the 2006 big screen Michael Mann "Miami Vice" movie :hippie:

Hadn't heard this before, either. Thanks, again! :) 

@Matt5 Which scene in the movie?

@Dadrian There were two dance sequences featuring Crockett and Isabella - the first one was from Havana, Cuba.

The second one was filmed in a club in Montevideo, Uruguay this featured Emilio Estefan's new song "Pennies in my Pocket" it was featured extensively in the scene and was also released on the soundtrack in the Summer of 2006.

Both Gloria and Emilio Estefan attended a couple of premieres for the movie also I remember perhaps even one European premiere also :hippie:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Great ! Feels like this should have been in Miami Vice .

Yeah the song was released in 1984. I think the producers could have played some Miami Sound Machine/Gloria Estefan song's in some of the club scenes in Miami Vice in the first season. And even have a live performance. Too bad their music wasn't featured on the show...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

I like, how they finally made Crockett dance in the Miami Vice movie, he always had an excuse in the series having a bad knee or something. :)

• Like 2

• Administrators
9 hours ago, summer84 said:

I like, how they finally made Crockett dance in the Miami Vice movie, he always had an excuse in the series having a bad knee or something. :)

"I've got a trick knee, whenever someone asks me to dance it goes out on me."  

I've actually stolen this line and I use it whenever somebody asks me to dance. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, summer84 said:

I don't consider the movie to be even close to... Miami Vice, so to me the real Sonny Crockett ( Don Johnson ) still has a bad knee & doesn't dance!  :p

Has anyone assembled a playlist on Apple Music of all the MV songs/music?  

I'm doing it the hard way, one by one, curious if there was an easier way to assemble.  I have a spreadsheet with all the MV music.

Thanks