What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Very MV-ish track from Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music from 1980 :dance2::radio: 

Love this Matt! Bryan Ferry and Peter Gabriel both locked in on MV music recipe with the Yamaha CP70 piano and string patches from analog poly synths. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Love this Matt! Bryan Ferry and Peter Gabriel both locked in on MV music recipe with the Yamaha CP70 piano and string patches from analog poly synths. 

Thankyou for your kind comment Dadrian !

Its so Vice like :radio:

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

But this was 4 years before MV Dadrian ?! :):done::D

I wonder if Gabriel had some agreement with Vice producers that many of his tracks would be used in 1986. He had 4 songs featured in 11 episodes in early Season 3. :)

Edited by Matt5

You listen to music from the 80s, then you listen to "music" from today. More specifically rap type "music" if you will. Now wonder. What happened!?

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

But this was 4 years before MV Dadrian ?! :):done::D

Right. I only meant those two sounds are a staple of PG's 80s sound ("Red Rain" for example), and also BF (as in "Boys and Girls"). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Assasinge said:

You listen to music from the 80s, then you listen to "music" from today. More specifically rap type "music" if you will. Now wonder. What happened!?

As in all genres, there is some good rap and bad rap. Also, as in all genres, the bad rap is generally the most commercialized. 

This is especially true for jazz IMO. I think many ppl hate jazz because they're never exposed to the good stuff--just the crust that generally makes it to the general public. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Right. I only meant those two sounds are a staple of PG's 80s sound ("Red Rain" for example), and also BF (as in "Boys and Girls"). 

Yes got it - I always felt Ferry just expanded on Roxys sound - particularly if you listen to 1982s Avalon which was a Roxy release . He didn't have the stompers so much but more slower numbers 

Edited by Matt5

Very MV-ish song from Ferry's "Bete Noire" late 1987 album - this was a single "New Town" from 1988:radio::dance: Classed as sophisti-pop I read - certainly the case for British born Ferry :D

Edited by Matt5

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes got it - I always felt Ferry just expanded on Roxys sound - particularly if you listen to 1982s Avalon which was a Roxy release . He didn't have the stompers so much but more slower numbers 

One of my all-time favorite albums! Doesn't get any better than "More Than This"!

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Very MV-ish song from Ferry's "Bete Noire" late 1987 album - this was a single "New Town" from 1988:radio::dance: Classed as sophisti-pop I read - certainly the case for British born Ferry :D

Love this one, too! :) 

17 hours ago, Dadrian said:

As in all genres, there is some good rap and bad rap. Also, as in all genres, the bad rap is generally the most commercialized. 

This is especially true for jazz IMO. I think many ppl hate jazz because they're never exposed to the good stuff--just the crust that generally makes it to the general public. 

While I don't exactly listen to any sort of rap at all, I know what you're saying. All the "bad" stuff is stuff that's put out in the radio today, and I have to go digging deep in the music world for music I like listening to today. For example, I listen to Selena Gomez or Sabrina Carpenter, Lorde etc. not to mention I hardly ever hear them on the radio. Where I live, at least. But that's just for my modern taste. Then I have an 80s playlist, consisting of almost 100+ songs (several heard in MV of course haha) and I have a Beatles playlist consisting of all their albums. So, it's just really a matter of looking for the good stuff, if you will. Or music that you like. All those modern artists I named above I found manually on youtube. 

• Like 1

Platinum hit in the U.S. and the UK in 1977. Keyboarder and songwriter Rod Temperton would go on to write for Michael Jackson, e.g. songs on his album "Off The Wall", and he actually also wrote the song "Thriller".

12 hours ago, Assasinge said:

I just bough the whole Jan Hammer Miami Vice album on itunes. Absolutely amazing...and awesome for late night drives I must say!

Cool ! You mean the Complete Collection from 2002?!

:hippie:

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Cool ! You mean the Complete Collection from 2002?!

:hippie:

Well the whole album that's on itunes. So I guess it's from 2002? 

2 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Well the whole album that's on itunes. So I guess it's from 2002? 

Yes that's the one ! Enjoy :hippie: