What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

He doesn't look like Lt. Castillo in this video. ;)

P.S. - I'm not too sure of the meaning of this video. ?(

The computer people are extracting the memories from Ferrer and Olmos (lower class) to the upper class people. 

2 hours ago, Tony D. said:

He doesn't look like Lt. Castillo in this video. ;)

P.S. - I'm not too sure of the meaning of this video. ?(

Miguel Ferrer was a close friend of some of Toto's band members and also a close friend of EJO, so this might be how this video came together.

For me, the story of the video is not really related to the lyrics of the song, other than being connected to memory and remembering. Looks like the story is set in the future and poor people can sell their positive memories and feelings to rich people who do not seem to have any social life whatsoever due to their lifestyle. The two different worlds are are symbolized by the color schemes, the floor where the rich guys get their experiences is lit in a very cold, blue light, while the basement with the poor people is done in warm earth tones. The guy played by Miguel Ferrer however seems to be not in need to sell his memories, I think he wants to deliberately get rid of it and forget the woman who broke his heart. His memories are then 'uploaded' to the memory of the rich man. Maybe they wanted to create a connection to the movie 'Strange Days', which was released the same year.

The Church had two songs featured in MV within a few episodes of each other ! This was featured in Season 5s "Heart of Night":)

Don Johnson's "No Way Out" from Freefall by Tim Truman :fireworks::done: Nice little montage here from the duo's arrival in 'Costa Morada'

2 hours ago, MTVcops said:

I have this CD! :) 

Funny you should post this--just last night I was listening the VERY FIRST song I made with the equipment I would go on to do the MV covers with. It is this song! My cover is comically unbearable to listen to. 

LOVE this song (and the whole album!), though!

If memory serves me correctly, Doublé ("doo-BLAY") was a European jazz group called "Ping-Pong" who tried a pop project in 1987. This song did very well in the little "sophisti-pop" thing that was happening around that time. 

I'm not making that genre up, by the way.:) 

Check it out! Some of us know it very well. :p

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophisti-pop

Here are four INCREDIBLE songs that just so happen to be about hookers/strippers:

Bonus:

Did you know "Private Dancer" was written by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits? You do now! :) 

• Like 1