What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

One of the greatest songs of all time!!

There! :) 

Deleted your previous posts. It's like it never happened. ;)

vor 13 Stunden schrieb ArtieRollins:

I wish she would continue her vampy/rock-chick image a bit further in the late 90s but on the other hand, the retro-disco/dance sound in the early 00s payed off very well in the end.

Well either way, she had come a long way since her Stock/Aitken/Waterman days in the 80s and early 90s. "Confide in Me" was really the first time that she broke free from that goody two shoes image and flaunted her assets. She was dating Michael Hutchence at the time, and he famously said in an interview back then that his favorite pastime was "corrupting Kylie". :)

Anybody remember this song?

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Anybody remember this song?

Absolutely. One of best music videos/songs of the 90s, and one that surprisingly become a big hit (in Norway around 1995-96), from a great album also by the way. 

4913187_orig_zpsdlor40au.jpg

I also noticed that she has been in several movies, but somehow I seem to have missed out on this "gem" from 1994 and judging by her appearance as Cammy in Street Fighter (1994). I must see this, even if it may be one of the worst flicks ever made. Kylie in that suit, well I am sold. 

Her little sister Dannii also scored a hit around the end of 2001/winter 2002 with this one:

yeah, Kylie Minogue was definitely in great shape back then...

Just have a look at her Agent Provocateur lingerie commercial on youtube (could be construed as somewhat NSFW, so no direct link here ;)).

This is also not a bad song by her... a little camp for its own good, but not a bad song... :) I think it features the actual Village People on backing vocals...

Edited by Daytona74

I also very much enjoyed listening to this song by Kylie Minogue from her 2010 album "Aphrodite," which was the last one by her, I added to my playlist.                                                                

I've ripped some of my dad's music onto my computer years ago, and this is one of the songs. It's the one that is on my mind at the moment.

I saw UB40 live in 1991 on their Labour of Love II Tour. And the crowd just exploded when they started playing this song... :thumbsup:

There was a group of vaguely Jamaican looking rastafarians standing next to me at some point, actually smoking joints in full view of everybody... not that it wasn't apt for the occasion, but it just blew my mind that security didn't spot them...

UB40 were touring with Kate Yanai, btw... who was promoting her then brand new song from the Bacardi commercials :)

Edited by Daytona74

One of those really beautiful and tender songs by late 90s R.E.M. that should probably be played more often on radio, but at the same time, I am glad it isn't .

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:19 PM, summer84 said:

I also very much enjoyed listening to this song by Kylie Minogue from her 2010 album "Aphrodite," which was the last one by her, I added to my playlist.                                                                

The song stinks and the video should be censored !

50 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

The song stinks and the video should be censored !

Of course that's your opinion Tony D. Either way, I like the song and can't really see anything that should be censored on there. :)

Here is a nice song. :cool: :)

Edited by summer84

• Administrators
1 hour ago, summer84 said:

Of course that's your opinion Tony D. Either way, I like the song and can't really see anything that should be censored on there. :)

Here is a nice song. :cool: :)

I thought he loved Miami. That traitor! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

oh, are we doing classical music now?

Here's something that's been used in a couple of Hollywood movies, if it sounds vaguely familiar to you:

I know that melody, but can't recall in which movie?

7 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I know that melody, but can't recall in which movie?

My ears might play a trick on me, but the first few seconds do remind me of the beautiful prologue/intro to Beauty and the Beast (1991)

• Like 1

More classic music used to absolute perfection

From the cult classic/splatter-horror film The Toxic Avenger (1984) 

Night on Bald Mountain starts around 2:17 in the video, which might be Tromas finest hour and surely one of the funniest b-movies/parodies on the whole super-hero/slasher genre that is ever made:

The use of In the Hall of the Mountain King in the Black Swan episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm is also preeeetty, preeeetty, pretty good!