What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

54 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Every time I hear this song, I think of Tubbs singing it. Great song! :thumbsup:

Did he sing it on MV?

Think that was lip-syncing to Somebody's Watching Me in Brother's Keeper, no?

I just recall the hot dancer in that scene. :hot:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Think that was lip-syncing to Somebody's Watching Me in Brother's Keeper, no?

I just recall the hot dancer in that scene. :hot:

I must check that episode out......but I still equate Tubbs with Lionel Richie's voice. :radio:

10 hours ago, James said:

I played this song with my band in the 80's & 90's back in N.Y.  We used to have some fun with it. :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

I played this song with my band in the 80's & 90's back in N.Y.  We used to have some fun with it. :D

Great song!

That's a classic bond theme and a good one. Didn't she also do Moonraker? I'm fond of this one as it is associated with arguably one of (if not the ) the best of the Bond films.

And the themes to Goldeneye by Tina Turner, Adele in Skyfall, and For Your Eyes Only by Caitlin Davies, I mean Sheena Easton aren't too bad either.  

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Didn't she also do Moonraker?

Maybe you're thinking of Goldfinger?

Edit: Oops I just noticed the video :) 

Also, I think Her Majesty's Secret Service is the best Bond film, but Lazansby was the worst Bond. I know, I know...

Edited by Dadrian

Yeah George Lazenby was an unlucky pick. I think he even said in an interview once that he found it hard being a feature film actor all of a sudden, because up to that point, his career had mainly been in fashion modeling. I think he did a whole string of B movies though after his Bond film.

Not sure which one is my favorite Bond film. But I generally like the Sean Connery movies the most. 

• Like 2

Yes. Chalks on Watson Island. I'd forgotten that was on that video. Such a great song. I think GM said it was his favorite of all his songs. 

Edited by Dadrian

16 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

That's a classic bond theme and a good one. Didn't she also do Moonraker? I'm fond of this one as it is associated with arguably one of (if not the ) the best of the Bond films.

And the themes to Goldeneye by Tina Turner, Adele in Skyfall, and For Your Eyes Only by Caitlin Davies, I mean Sheena Easton aren't too bad either.  

"Goldfinger" is another song my band played. We had a trumpet player who did the trumpet fills.

Shirley Bassey  had a beautiful & powerful voice for the James Bond Themes. She made you want to see the movie!

• Like 2

Of the more modern Bond songs, I like this one best:

(the movie itself wasn't so great though, IIRC).

I also like "Goldeneye" by Tina Turner. And "Skyfall" isn't bad either.

But none of them have as much class and style as songs like "Diamonds Are Forever". ;)

• Like 1

From Russia with Love is my favourite bond "theme" if that counts, The title sequence is awesome too with the credits shone onto sexy belly dancing girls. Very cool and exotic. (The drums at the start always reminded me of the machine gun-like drums at the start of the Miami Vice theme too.)

• Like 2

vor 8 Stunden schrieb James:

YouTube recommended this to me. It's Toto's Africa being played on a Harp. It's brilliant.

:thumbsup:

Here's "Enter Sandman" by Metallica like you've probably never heard it before: :)

4 hours ago, MTVcops said:

Ever noticed how similar the melody in the verses of these songs is? And they're both great!

Starts around :30

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

I used to love that song "Hazard"! :thumbsup:

Reminds me of a vacation to California... driving down the Pacific Coast Highway to songs like this one, somewhere in the middle of nowhere between San Francisco and Los Angeles... :cool:

One of the other songs we had on repeat play in our car on that trip was obviously this one here: :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

I used to love that song "Hazard"! :thumbsup:

Reminds me of a vacation to California... driving down the Pacific Coast Highway to songs like this one, somewhere in the middle of nowhere between San Francisco and Los Angeles... :cool:

One of the other songs we had on repeat play in our car on that trip was obviously this one here: :)

Great song!