What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

4 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

This is really funny......the songs you like, I don't....... but like this one, you don't and yet I always thought was pretty good, especially the sax solo.

You see some of Downtown Miami ( circa 1984 / Miami Vice Season 1 ) around 3:49 Tony :done:

A nice interpretation live version of "Maybe the Poet" from Bruce Cockburn featured extensively in Season 2s Free Verse filmed at the St Moritz Hotel in Miami Beach :done::radio:

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Tony D.:

This is really funny......the songs you like, I don't....... but like this one, you don't and yet I always thought was pretty good, especially the sax solo.

Ok, just because anything else would be dishonest, I will admit that I was a big fan of Wham and George Michael when I was about 12 to 16.  And I also played "Careless Whisper" to death... but in a way, that's why nowadays, I very nearly can't stand that song anymore. It had its time for me, but it's not my thing nowadays. Remarkable song, written by George Michael when he was just 17, showing that he already had some serious talent back then. But not on any of my playlists today...

And I'm with you guys that Wham did some great songs. "Everything She Wants" is one of the best uses of a Linn drum machine in the mid-80s... :thumbsup:

Here's a similarly catchy 80s song that has been largely forgotten:

Don't those guys look just like they could have been drug dealers in the second season of "Vice"? :)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

• Administrators
15 hours ago, summer84 said:

Came across this on MV twitter. :radio:

He's in the "Vice Lounge" group on Facebook. We had a small 3-message conversation about what he uses to make music. xD

His latest album is really nice: https://morganwillisofficial.bandcamp.com/album/miami-calling-edition-deluxe

• Like 1

13 hours ago, James said:

He's in the "Vice Lounge" group on Facebook. We had a small 3-message conversation about what he uses to make music. xD

His latest album is really nice: https://morganwillisofficial.bandcamp.com/album/miami-calling-edition-deluxe

Scrolling down twitter page, what caught my eye was the image, as I currently have that exact one for my YouTube channel. Then I listened to his music and really liked it. Cool sound by this guy! I'll check out rest of the album you posted. Just curious, where is the intro dialogue from?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, summer84 said:

Scrolling down twitter page, what caught my eye was the image, as I currently have that exact one for my YouTube channel. Then I listened to his music and really liked it. Cool sound by this guy! I'll check out rest of the album you posted. Just curious, where is the intro dialogue from?

I'm not sure where the dialogue is from, sorry. :/

For fans of Bad Timing, and Hank Williams. I thought Tom Hiddleston did a decent cover ( in several songs) of Hank W. in the film I Saw the Light.

Sorry about the French dialogue overdubbing.  :evil::(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James said:

I love the guitar sound in this... Even if it's a synth, that's an impressive keyboard solo. 

Very nice riff ! Thanks so much for posting !

3 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Perhaps the most sampled track in pop music history: :cool:

Actually, I believe that one belongs to this nerdy old white dude (and one of the greatest jazz musicians ever):