What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Falco was really quite a character. Very unique style.

His 1985 hit "Jeanny" caused a real controversy in German speaking countries in 1985, because it essentially tells the story of a ficticious mentally insane serial killer of young women.

The subject matter prompted many radio stations in Austria, Germany and Switzerland to ban the song. But because both the song's and the music video's endings were ambiguous, both Falco and his fans insisted that "Jeanny" wasn't killed. The record label even gave away stickers for free that read "Jeanny lebt!" (Jeanny lives). I had one of those stickers on my school backpack.

To Falco's credit, the song didn't glorify or condone the subject matter. Instead, with his lyrics, Falco simply tried to imagine what must be going on inside a sick mind like that, from a first-person perspective. But many people misunderstood that.

Edited by Daytona74

I just never get tired of those blaring synth guitar hooks... they're 110% Jan Hammer... :thumbsup:

Also, this number reminds me of a vacation to the Canary Islands last year. Imagine zipping down a winding highway in a rented convertible along the most stunning rocky coastline you've ever seen, with that song on full blast... :cool:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, James said:

This song is pretty awesome...

This is a great fun song.  It became my theme song when I was in the Air Force and I had my souped up, double Holly carburetor, 1977 Dodge Magnum.  Top speed 140 mph. 

• Like 1