What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Speaking of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks going back to a different time, when this song was made. I was surprised to see that the Rolling Stones are out with a New Album Dec 2 returning to their roots and passion for blues music. :cool: 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:54 AM, Daytona74 said:

Yeah... "Nights In White Satin". One of the greatest pieces of music of the entire 60s. :thumbsup:

They were popular into the 80s even with hits like Your Wildest Dreams, and they had many others earlier such as Tuesday Afternoon, Question, Ride my See Saw, and Never Comes the Day.  Very unique sound.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

As cringeworthy and unremarkable as this song may seem (and I am only listening to it right now because my Winamp spat it out on random play ;) ), it is noteworthy because this is the very first song that Trevor Horn ever created on his then brand new Fairlight in 1982, right after it was delivered to his studio.

Also, it may well be the first example ever of fully digital human voice multitracking.

On a similar song, "I'm Not In Love" from 1975, the band 10cc (whose members Godley & Creme later had their song "Cry" produced by Tevor Horn) spent weeks using analog audio tape machines to create the complex choral harmonies.

Alright I was feeling adventurous and decided to check out the "Global top 50" on Spotify..and my god.:wuerg: I really don't understand contempory "music" anymore.

It's only fair you guys suffer through this too:p

2 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Alright I was feeling adventurous and decided to check out the "Global top 50" on Spotify..and my god.:wuerg: I really don't understand contempory "music" anymore.

You're right. This is not good. :D

vor 2 Minuten schrieb summer84:

This is the second song, I knew of Fleetwood Mac, but have since also discovered other great music pieces. :cool: 

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Also, from the same album:

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Vincent Hanna:

I really don't understand contempory "music" anymore.

You're not alone... ;) I gave up a few years ago. It's just a different time nowadays.

Here's another great Kim Wilde song... that clip is just Eighties galore... :p

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I want the 4 minutes back in my life!  That was terrible!!!

Sorry for putting you through that guys:D The frightening part was that was one of the best (or least egregious) songs on there.

3 hours ago, summer84 said:

This is the second song, I knew of Fleetwood Mac, but have since also discovered other great music pieces. :cool: 

Was listening to that Tango in the night album and It's not bad but it's a lot more cheesy 80s pop compared to their 70s stuff. 

Ray Wilson was kind of an odd choice to replace Phil Collins.

Although it's from 1997, it could have been a good song for a season three Miami Vice episode.

Edited by Daytona74

10 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Sorry for putting you through that guys:D The frightening part was that was one of the best (or least egregious) songs on there.

Was listening to that Tango in the night album and It's not bad but it's a lot more cheesy 80s pop compared to their 70s stuff. 

I like their 80s stuff, which I'm more familiar with, but only certain songs, as I never really listen to entire albums. :)